Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
The master and student sat in the garden, locked in deep meditation

"Bingus" the student uttered suddenly

"Actually, spingus" the master replied

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
“Man who shits in his pants in church must sit in his own pew.”

Updated for goons

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Master Pick, a wise teacher, was traveling along a road when night began to fall. She made camp next to a crippled man laying on a pallet next to his oxen and his cart. As it happened, it began to rain heavily, and the wind howled with fury. Pick felt pity for the crippled man and called out,

“Come and take shelter from the cold and rain. Here in my tent it is warm and dry, and we may enjoy one another’s company.”

To Master Pick’s surprise, the crippled man left his pallet, crawled over rough stones and through mud, inch by agonizing inch, until he came to rest beneath his cart, affording only minimal protection from the elements.

Pick thought about the man’s strange behavior for a long while. In the end, she boldly declared her conclusion,

“All men are scum!”

The only answer she received to her shout was the pouring rain and howling wind. The crippled man was pretending to not hear her because he wanted Pick to just leave him be and move along.

No one was enlightened.

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

How much does a printer carried for miles weigh?

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
The man seeking enlightenment climbs to see The Master.

He says to The Master, "how does one find spiritual harmony?"

The Master strokes his grey neck beard and responds, "Tane."

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

dreadmojo posted:

a poster hangs by his fingertips from a clifftop. Above, a hungry tiger prowls, below are jagged rocks. Quickly! :justpost:!

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Before enlightenment, post poo poo, troll weebs. After enlightenment, post poo poo, troll weebs

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
A wise man once said, "I hope a freaking giant steps on someone!!!"

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

A quote is most useful when it is empty.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Last time, I won a roast beef on a hard roll!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Devils Affricate posted:

The man who does not post for fear of probation, has already banned himself

wisdom

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Novice asks from the Master "What is that husband doing to his prayer wheel?"

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord
The great sage Goa Tse was once asked what is the meaning of life. The sage replied: "In the center, there is void"

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

While walking through town one day, the student found himself in conversation with a local man about their days. The stranger seemed acquainted, if not familiar with some of the students recollections of the monastery gatherings and topics. This gave the student a hunch.

The student asked the man if he had a second story in his house, and also a stairway.

The wise master shook his head, “I have no idea what you are talking about.” The master wished the student a good day and they both went on with their days.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

MRC48B posted:

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Stark Fist posted:

Last time, I won a roast beef on a hard roll!

Whoa.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
What is the sound of one hand jerkin’ it? On a micropenis.

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.

ice cream koan

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

An acolyte approached the master and asked him, "Master, why have we not received our spaceship jpegs, as you promised?"

The master replied, "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."

Confused, the acolyte departed.

Another acolyte approached the master. "Master," he said, "when will you give us the spaceship jpegs, as you promised?"

Quoth the master, "Nevermore."

This acolyte also left, having failed to achieve enlightenment.

A third acolyte approached him. "Master, I have donated generously, yet I still do not have a spaceship jpeg. I am wondering: why not?"

The master cried out, "For the love of God!"

Toys For Ass Bum
Feb 1, 2015

raton posted:

Empty and full: diarrhea shelf

To grasp the diarrhoea shelf, you must also grasp the diarrhoea self

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

The master joined his acolytes for the morning's meditation, and posed this question to them to ponder.

"Last night I dreamed the font size increased by 0.2 pixels," he told them. "Was I a goon dreaming the font size increased by 0.2 pixels, or am I now a goon dreaming the font size has decreased by 0.2 pixels?"

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
"Master, this subforum confuses me" cried the student. "The import of these problems, evaluated as everything and nothing--how can they simultaneously be true?"

"They drink piss" replied the master. "Piss upon them, and they will drink from your pissy maker"

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Devils Affricate posted:

The man who does not post for fear of probation, has already banned himself

Nice self koan

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Son of Sam-I-Am posted:

An acolyte approached the master and asked him, "Master, why have we not received our spaceship jpegs, as you promised?"

The master replied, "All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."

Confused, the acolyte departed.

Another acolyte approached the master. "Master," he said, "when will you give us the spaceship jpegs, as you promised?"

Quoth the master, "Nevermore."

This acolyte also left, having failed to achieve enlightenment.

A third acolyte approached him. "Master, I have donated generously, yet I still do not have a spaceship jpeg. I am wondering: why not?"

The master cried out, "For the love of God!"

Something Awesome Poe-ans

Tinestram
Jan 13, 2006

Excalibur? More like "Needle"

Grimey Drawer
koany 2012

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Wise man once said: Nothing can be gained from bursting into a hospital, only lost.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

LifeSunDeath posted:

Wise man once said: Nothing can be gained from bursting into a hospital, only lost.

For it is truly the wisest man who can move past, and heal.

Well done.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

CassandraZara posted:

Nice self koan

MRC48B posted:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Mr.Tophat posted:

A wise man once said, "I hope a freaking giant steps on someone!!!"

At these words I am enlightened.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I am drunk the finest wines and have carnal knowledge of the fairest maidens. But there is nothing greater in this life than op changing the thread title to your post.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
The Master stood before his students and said "This is back to basics chili. This is “I’m flat loving broke” chili. This is “I have one hour to feed myself before my shift surfing for CP at the local library starts” chili. This is camping chili. This is hunting chili. This is house full of screaming little shits chili. This is the comfort chili you make your best friend right after he walks in on you speed-bagging his sister. This is quick, easy, tasty, man chili. This isn’t the chili you have Gordon Ramsey weep into because you didn’t use all fresh ingredients. And this is not the chili you waste a perfectly good steak making."

"After eating this chili, would anything be able to remove the flavor from your mouth?"

The students sat deep in thought. One student lifted their eyes from a microscope and said "Fellatio?"

The Master smiled.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

If you should see a mod upon the forums, Reap his taint

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Big Beef City posted:

lol

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Big Beef City posted:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

a cyberpunk goose posted:

A student lay before the master, peaceful in his long sleep.

The master, torch in hand, shook him by the shoulder. But the student did not wake. The master again shook the sleeping student. And again the student did not wake. The master’s head shook slowly and he whispered, “if only you would but sip from my cup of soul expanding tea. So many truths it could show you.”

The master gave the sleeping student one last shake before moving on in disappointment. But the student did not wake, for the student was but a skeleton.
:hai:

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
The Master sat to examine his three finest students to determine where to send them to spread their wisdom.

"It is said," he began, "that the king is rotten and vile, so are his ministers and advisors, and the kingdom is falling into strife and destitution. What can be done?"

The first student answered: "We should educate his advisors and lead them from vileness to wisdom and select his advisors thusly, so the king will be lead to rule the realm and bring back unity and prosperity." The Master nodded and sent the student to D&D.

The second student answered: "This is a matter of the mortal realm and does not matter to the immortal soul. Nothing does." The Master nodded and sent the student to C-SPAM.

The third student answered: "If the king is rotten and vile, he has forfeited the right to rule. We shall forcefully remove him from the throne, alive or dead, to make way for a truly wise and generous ruler." The Master did not nod as he was being dragged away by the king's secret agents.

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

A_Bug_That_Thinks posted:

What's the sound of one hand posting
"Fap"

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
What is a man who eats rear end, yet must post forum posts? A shameful ghost, a broken blade of grass.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
What came first: the chicken or the cheese?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
A wise man came to be in the great city when two towers of marvelous architecture collapsed.

The people of the city reacted in many different ways. Many openly weeped and despaired. Some quietly grieved. Others yet were angry and when rumors spread that saboteurs from a distant city caused the collapse they pledged their swords and lives to eradicate them and their city. A few were questioning this and spread word that the collapse were caused by the king himself to make the people believe in a just cause for the eradication of the rival city.

The wise man, however, witnessed the collapse and the reaction of the people so visceral, sudden and diverse and played on his saxophone and people were delighted.