Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress cancer?
This poll is closed.
gently caress cancer. 60 24.29%
Seriously. gently caress it. loving Cancer. 81 32.79%
Just gently caress off. 45 18.22%
Nobody likes you, gently caress off. 61 24.70%
Total: 128 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Why does AJ look so confused in his champion photo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
There is no loving way in hell this is a work. I can't even comprehend the surface of the sun level heat that would earn WWE, like holy poo poo.

Also there's no way in hell the wrestlers would stand for it.

Edit: No hyperbole, if it was a work I bet my bottom dollar you see a massive chunk of the locker room leave.

OldTennisCourt fucked around with this message at 13:03 on Oct 23, 2018

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Push El Burrito posted:

Why does AJ look so confused in his champion photo?

If you had his storylines since, say, November, you'd look like that too.

Nah, the Joe feud was pretty great. Blow-off match was a banger.

Cage Kicker
Feb 20, 2009

End of the fiscal year, bitch.
MP's got time to order pens for year year, hooah?

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made

Lipstick Apathy
Oh no, Roman :saddowns:

Oh yes, Dean! :bahgawd:

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
Imagine that, WWE finally found an opponent for Roman that the fans won't cheer for just to spite him.

I was up all night playing Soul Calibur. For me to come back into the sphere of wrestling news with this bombshell.. sheer disbelief.

I made myself even sadder when I realized this means Brock's getting another Universal Championship run :saddowns:

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I'd watch a Roman Reigns match every day for the rest of my life while upset that he's getting pushed rather than have this outcome. gently caress, man.

gently caress.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Real talk tho: The RAW thread was pretty loving gross tbh. A whole lotta unironic "WOW MY PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED THAT WRESTLEMAN WHO I DON'T LIKE MIGHT DIE OF LEUKEMIA !"

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

OldTennisCourt posted:

Real talk tho: The RAW thread was pretty loving gross tbh. A whole lotta unironic "WOW MY PRAYERS ARE ANSWERED THAT WRESTLEMAN WHO I DON'T LIKE MIGHT DIE OF LEUKEMIA !"

stop making poo poo up lmao, people were falling over themselves to offer condolences

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
I was very saddened to hear the news last night and I do wish Roman all the best in getting well again and fighting as best he can. I don't think I ever hated Roman the guy but definitely didn't like the way he was booked. I know I never wished death through any means on the guy, let alone leukemia.

What's bad is a part of my brain did get all conspiracy theory and thought they released this news now to put up a smokescreen for the show this weekend. "If everyone is sad about Roman, they won't notice where we are" and all that. I hope this isn't the case because that's more hosed up than usual. This is what my opinion of WWE is when I assume it's an over 60% chance they would actually try this.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/dajosc11/status/1054673513058127872

https://twitter.com/TrevorDame/status/1054668960279347202

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

for ultimate decorum, the Raw thread should have just been a gif of a sad white blood cell

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1054729423902203904

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Jesus Christ

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
congratulations to Dean Ambrose for doing his first good suicide dive in three years

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 32 days!

Good Listener posted:

What's bad is a part of my brain did get all conspiracy theory and thought they released this news now to put up a smokescreen for the show this weekend. "If everyone is sad about Roman, they won't notice where we are" and all that. I hope this isn't the case because that's more hosed up than usual. This is what my opinion of WWE is when I assume it's an over 60% chance they would actually try this.

I'd be shocked if they didn't try something like that, to be honest. Vince and co. are still carnies at their core, after all.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I have no idea what WWE is doing with the IC and Tag titles now. Are they going to relinquish the tags or switch one of them out?

Maybe they'll have Seth do a handicap match and drop the tags to AoP next week or something. I'm assuming they took them off Drew/Dolph to free up Drew to be Braun's first challenger.

If Dean and Seth are going to feud it makes sense to do it for the IC belt, but I don't think they need it to make the feud important. In general the IC has been completely ignored since the Universal came off Brock.

It's really obvious how much they were using the IC as a substitute world title for an absent top Champion with Brock. They should be using IC to elevate their midcarders. It should be on people like Balor, Elias, Lashley etc.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I thought the turn was cool and I'm glad Dean gets to go on a heel run. I just assume the storyline reason is that Dean never actually forgave Seth for breaking up The Shield and only got the band back together because Roman wanted it. With Roman out, The Shield is dead.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

The Roman stuff hits hard because I lost my Ma to cancer a couple years back and every time it comes up in anything I watch I flash back to how that felt. WWE would be massive assholes to make this cancer part of a storyline, but WWE are massive assholes and I don't expect that to change now or anytime soon. They are doing everything they can to ignore a disgustingly violent murder right now that could cost them money, and they made storylines around the death of talent and their families in the past.

WWE Assholes Then. Now. Forever.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

and then he batista bombs him through the orb

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Tato posted:

I thought the turn was cool and I'm glad Dean gets to go on a heel run. I just assume the storyline reason is that Dean never actually forgave Seth for breaking up The Shield and only got the band back together because Roman wanted it. With Roman out, The Shield is dead.

Dean and Seth were buds for months before hooking back up with Roman though

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

NoMoneyDown posted:

I made myself even sadder when I realized this means Brock's getting another Universal Championship run :saddowns:

They have to have Braun win, then run face Braun vs. heel Drew for a while, right? Right?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This man obviously has a family he is protecting from threat of more murder by doing this. What a shitshow.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Mr. Carlisle posted:

This man obviously has a family he is protecting from threat of more murder by doing this. What a shitshow.

His entire family - all of the journalist's family are forbidden to the leave the country.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

Rarity posted:

Dean and Seth were buds for months before hooking back up with Roman though

The long con, man. He had to wait until a moment that would be just as shattering as when Seth turned on them to get his revenge right.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Roman Reigns vs. Big C, the match no one asked for.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

CobiWann posted:

His entire family - all of the journalist's family are forbidden to the leave the country.

Sadly I'm sure they will all have final destination style 'accidents' within the next few months to a year until his wife is turned over to them

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Saint Freak posted:

Roman Reigns vs. Big C, the match no one asked for.

Not even being fired can stop a Big Cass push :negative:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

With Roman obviously out and Cena saying no here's to hoping the show only falls apart worse from here. Bryan also saying no would help that snowball keep rolling down the hill.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I thought Bryan and Rey are refusing to go

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Jackie D posted:

I thought Bryan and Rey are refusing to go

I don't think Bryan has been confirmed yet - hadn't read anything about Rey.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Sadly I'm sure they will all have final destination style 'accidents' within the next few months to a year until his wife is turned over to them

he wasnt married

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

he wasnt married

quote:

Istanbul, Turkey (CNN)The fiancee of journalist Jamal Khashoggi has published a final message to him, after Saudi authorities admitted he was killed at the country's consulate in Istanbul.

"They took your bodily presence from my world. But your beautiful laugh will remain in my soul forever. My darling #jkhashoggi," Hatice Cengiz wrote on Twitter Saturday evening.

Cengiz, who was waiting outside the consulate when Khashoggi entered the building, had not previously accepted that he had died. Khashoggi had gone to the consulate on October 2 to conduct paperwork that would allow for the two of them to be married.
In the event that he did not emerge, Khashoggi had told Cengiz to call his friend Turan Kislakci, the head of the Turkish Arab Media Association.

Close enough. Are you really gonna nitpick the difference between her being engaged to him and married to him?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Close enough. Are you really gonna nitpick the difference between her being engaged to him and married to him?

if they were married, he wouldn't have had to go to the consulate where they killed him

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

exploded mummy posted:

if they were married, he wouldn't have had to go to the consulate where they killed him

He shouldn't have started a fight with those 18 guys who were just comparing bonesaws.

Also cancer sucks etc.

John Cenas Jorts
Dec 21, 2012
gently caress, I got really into wrestling right after my own cancer diagnosis as an escapism thing, so hearing the news this morning hit me pretty close to home. Hopefully his outcomes are good

Hell yeah on that heel turn tho, even if it was more a matter of "when" than "if". Now I want then to just put the goddamn belt on Braun, and let Ambrose and Rollins go full bore soap opera punch fights meltdown

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Cena join #STRONGHEARTS

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

exploded mummy posted:

Oh, you're that guy.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i wonder if Vince's stupid swiss cheese brain even registers that this is an evil thing to do

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Low Desert Punk posted:

i wonder if Vince's stupid swiss cheese brain even registers that this is an evil thing to do

vince has probably dreamed about luring big dave meltzer to titan towers with the promise of the tom magee/bret hart tape

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

CobiWann posted:

Would any other country extradite them for that? It seems like that kind of doesn't apply anywhere else but the place telling them they can't leave.

• Locked thread