Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Subscribed for more Peter Stormare!

The David Cage vibes are very strong so far, yes. The psych personality test on the player is even a thing Cage used in Detroit: Become Human. My impression from the first 30 minutes is that it does the same things, but a tad better, so I just hope there won't be a revelation that everyone is ancient aliens or we get swatted with some heavy handed philosophical lessons.

But yeah; minimal gameplay, branching paths, super detailed faces with detailed pores and tears, cinematic cutscenes, voice actor likeness on the models... it all reeks of Cage. I'm also a little reminded of the old PS2 game "ObsCure", that also emulated teen slashers by both having a playable prologue leading to protagonist death and having the characters for the rest of the game be expendable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I keep wondering: Is it possible to save everyone in this game? And I like that not even this is explained.
Of course the player's instinct is to try and have everyone survive, but the game doesn't even let you know if this is a possibility if you had just turned left instead of right 30 minutes ago or if it's just a pipe dream.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Peter Stormare is really killing it himself! Oh you beautifully crazy, scenery munching Swede.

I have to admit, I didn't have high expectations towards this game, but so far it seems really clever and interesting.

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Jamesman posted:

By the way, that person transforming into a Wendigo IS confirmed to be Billy Bates in the notes when looking at the collection menus.

"No, we stick together! There's NO WAY we're splitting up now"
*immediately turns back and walks the opposite direction from the rest looking for goodies*

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
I think for a game like this an LP should aim to show off the hidden gem and let the viewers see the brilliance and uniqueness. I admit I was skeptical about the game from the get go, a cheesy teen slasher game with quick time events and jump scares, but you did a great job with showing of the quirks and features.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time

Jamesman posted:

MBV is a great dumb 80's slasher movie though. Never saw the remake.

The remake is dumber.

I don’t remember much about it, other than I didn’t think the ending was as satisfying as the original, and it had really gimmicky 3D cinematography where just about every other scene had something moving straight toward the camera. The DVD I bought came with classic cardboard red/green glasses. Otherwise OK slasher with some neat kills.