Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I mean why do they have to kill Tuvix? That's some bullshit.

Cardassians are awful and stupid but I like their station design.

This show is loving awful but drat I like how Riker grins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
my dad likes star trek OP but i have never watched it

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
looks like they're redesigning the Klingons in discovery. discovery is gonna keep breaking my heart by being objectively bad but juuust short of being ok

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
when geordie and that kardashian lady that was in a couple episodes became incorporeal and could pass through walls they didnt fall out of the bottom of the ship for some reason

E: My bad she was Bajoran.

Evil Agita fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Oct 24, 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
How do they just sit on the bridge all the time doing nothing??

Like the Captain sits in their chair and says helm take us on a course to *blank* Warp 9 engage and then what??

Do they just sit in the chair for hours like they're on a business class flight to Frankfurt??

They don't even have phones to play with!!

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

How do they just sit on the bridge all the time doing nothing??

Like the Captain sits in their chair and says helm take us on a course to *blank* Warp 9 engage and then what??

Do they just sit in the chair for hours like they're on a business class flight to Frankfurt??

They don't even have phones to play with!!

Another example of Orville's superiority. They watch Seinfeld.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I honestly have never gotten an explanation for what they do for the full 8 or 6 hours on the bridge every shift and yes I've watched all the series except loving Enterprise or Discovery and I've read all sorts of memory alpha and whatnot. They have to just be playing charades or something to pass the time to not go crazy.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
I'm not sure I understand the premise of this thread

are we like bad liars or...?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Did culture just stop existing post mid 90s or did they only manage to download 1920s bootlegger stuff and pirate poo poo for the holodeck

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
it hasn't been the same since they replaced Captain Pike with Captain Kirk

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Cubone posted:

I'm not sure I understand the premise of this thread

are we like bad liars or...?

We talk badly about the thing, like we hate it.

But secretly we're fans.

But we're better than the other fans because we act like we hate it.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

We talk badly about the thing, like we hate it.

But secretly we're fans.

But we're better than the other fans because we act like we hate it.

So we are goons in this scenario, gotcha.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
How about you go do some picardio for a change

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Oh boy a thread that's about my entire gimmick

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Woden
May 6, 2006
Why does everyone talk up how good Warf is when he just gets dunked on every episode, why do fans think he's cool when he just gets dunked on every episode?

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Woden posted:

Why does everyone talk up how good Warf is when he just gets dunked on every episode, why do fans think he's cool when he just gets dunked on every episode?

in tng he just gets dunked on every episode but in ds9 he gets to kill people so he's cool

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ

Woden posted:

look it up on tv tropes

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Woden posted:

He's the Piccolo of TNG, cool concept and look but hilariously bad execution

BBQ Dave
Jun 17, 2012

Well, that's easy for you to say. You have a bad imagination. It's stupid. I live in a fantasy world.

They never explain how global future space communism works on earth! What do they do with all the people who just wanna hang out?

Redjakk
Apr 24, 2007

cormano sigue siendo mi hermano
Fun Shoe
There were maybe 8 good episodes of ToS and even without the internet nerds managed to keep the show going for 50 years. This led to nerds learning that they could get what they wanted if they whined hard enough and was the beginning of the end of pop culture.

neon909
Apr 11, 2017

BBQ Dave posted:

They never explain how global future space communism works on earth! What do they do with all the people who just wanna hang out?

They get about zero time at the community centre holodecks.

tensac
Jun 9, 2011

is it anything?
Why even walk or warp anywhere when you can teleport straight out of your sonic shower into your duty station. You don't even have to dress, the port can be programmed to give you whatever clothes you need for a mission. And no one has mananged to port a starship? Like scale the tech so you could save some time exploring this garbage bullshit universe?

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh yeah I remember "not the mama"

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
I skipped code of honor in my first watch through of ST three years ago and if I did watch it where I should have I would have dropped all of trek

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Keiko is the worst character in the entirety of star treks

pr0p
Dec 8, 2011
The only thing I know about Star Trek is its on a spaceship and Aartrek molests children.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
The Romulans are the best Star Trek characters

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

BBQ Dave posted:

They do actually, Sisko the Space Jesus has a dad who runs a crab shack, and he just cooks crab soup for people because he likes doing it.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Picard has a brother who makes wine, artisanal wine not the replicated kind.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

doverhog posted:

Picard has a brother who makes wine, artisanal wine not the replicated kind.

where the gently caress this rear end in a top hat getting the right grapes

doverhog
May 31, 2013

He grows them, in a field. Primitive poo poo but that's what you get when anyone can get poo poo replicated, the act of being primitive, on purpose, becomes a form of art.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I actually do hate Star Trek.

It’s boring and stupid.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Why does Kira look so drat hot as a Cardassian?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I. M. Gei posted:

I actually do hate Star Trek.

It’s boring and stupid.

It actually kind of sucks and that's ok. Mass Effect took Star Trek and made it Star Wars with Star Trek and it's good

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

The Dennis System posted:

Why does Kira look so drat hot as a Cardassian?

Yeah no poo poo how does that even work?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I wonder if that joke in Frasier was written knowing that Gene Roddenberry originally wanted Troi to have four titties.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
rants for 5 paragraphs about how stupid the show is, but mentions like 12 episodes by title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

• Locked thread