Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Richard M Nixon
Apr 26, 2009

"The greatest honor history can bestow is the title of peacemaker."

FlimFlam Imam posted:

Hold my beer, watch this.

I'm going to post ITT before seeing if anyone else has posted my lame contribution already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am going to post a thread about my new job as a retard masturbator.

Sarah Cenia
Apr 2, 2008

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

redgubbinz posted:

I'm just gonna let my anxiety and depression fester for a decade or two, slowly cut off all human contact and stomp out any ambitious thoughts while turning time-wasting into an art form. Woops!

This is my entire life.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Theophany posted:

This is a little too close to home. I sold my hyper reliable Civic to buy a V8 BMW that went on to take up a diet of oil rather than gas.

This is exactly what an ex-coworker did last year. He was "asking me for advice" but really he was just bragging about how he was going to get the BMW. I told him that the Civic will give him a 3 year warranty, much lower insurance, and cost probably 50% less in gas. He was sort of shocked that I didn't just high-five him and shout "sick bro", and got a bit defensive. By the end of the school year, he had nearly put 1/2 the initial purchase price into the car in parts and labour. He figured out that the dealership was not the best place to take it to (charging more for labour than most places), and went to another garage that told him (after giving it a good inspection) that they figured whoever owned the car previously fancied them-self a race car driver, and had done their best to leave the car on the verge of destruction. Cosmetically it looked great, but the abuse the suspension, brakes, transmission and engine had taken had drastically shortened the lifespan of the car.

They even guessed that the dealership (knowing all of this before buying it) probably paid in the previous owner $7,000-9,000 for it since most of the major components were on their last legs. The only way that we even heard about this was that the coworker was bragging that he was going to sue the dealership and get a brand new M3. Naturally nothing care of it since he essentially signed a contract that said, "we'll sell you this car worth tens of thousands of dollars" as is.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 7 minutes!
Buglord
not even gonna bother formatting this in ITT prose, but I know way too many people from highschool who tried saving their abusive and/or unhappy relationships with a child or two. or doubling down on a partner they really aren't compatible with and marrying them.

it's happened so often and ends the exact same way each time, I really have to wonder if they think "it'll be different with us" or if its just some sort of legitimately depressing denial tactic.

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

buglord posted:

not even gonna bother formatting this in ITT prose, but I know way too many people from highschool who tried saving their abusive and/or unhappy relationships with a child or two. or doubling down on a partner they really aren't compatible with and marrying them.

it's happened so often and ends the exact same way each time, I really have to wonder if they think "it'll be different with us" or if its just some sort of legitimately depressing denial tactic.

Whynotboth.gif

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

buglord posted:

It's because the assumption/teaching that reaching arbitrary milestones means everything will be better

AutumnDDP
Oct 23, 2016

Grimey Drawer

Blistex posted:

This is exactly what an ex-coworker did last year. He was "asking me for advice" but really he was just bragging about how he was going to get the BMW. I told him that the Civic will give him a 3 year warranty, much lower insurance, and cost probably 50% less in gas. ...

I have a 2003 Civic and that thing is going strong on 160K miles. Those things are crazy! The guy probably wanted a BMW because it would make him look cooler. Joke's on him, everyone thinks BMW owners are douchebags.

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

My Twitter Account posted:

I loving hate this job, I loving hate my boss, I'm just going to go right up to him and say I quit. It'll be fine, I'll take a week or two off, then start looking for something new. I bet I could have an even better job in like a month.

I did this, but with the key distinction of having a year's worth of mortgage payments and expenses. Took several months, not one, to find something better, but on balance it was one of the more satisfying things I've ever done.

But content from my younger, dumber self:

Living in this small town is boring! I'm gonna burn all my bridges here and get a new job in New York City! I'll get paid so much more it'll easily outweigh the costs.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

axolotl farmer posted:

[img_Eddie_Murphy_tapping_temple]

lol it's not eddit Murphy dumass

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

TheWeepingHorse posted:

Once I pass the bar, it's easy street from here on out

Flutieflakes017 posted:

*6 months later

I’m just doing this until I pay off my loans and then I’m going do public interest work!

:smithicide:

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
My life lacks meaning. I want to be a part of something bigger!
*Joins a megachurch*

Pasketti
Nov 8, 2017

lick lick lick
*buys a funko pop*
haha cool toy

*a few months later*
*has over 100 funko pops*
haha just a few more to complete my collection

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Who the gently caress looks at a BMW and thinks it’s a cool car with a cool owner

BMW loving sucks and so do their drivers

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

maxe posted:

lol it's not eddit Murphy dumass

the british guy from that meme is also called edward murphy

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
ok he isn't. but i had you going for a second there didn't i?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
who needs a rubber? i've sat in my bath tub boiling my balls for over a month, no way i'm -not- shooting blanks!

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Big Beef City posted:

I'm going to go for a ride on this man's home made submarine and interview him about it

oh man

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
These homicidal urges sure do suck. But I have them under control. I've channeled the energy to my hobby.

Hello pretty lady. Oh, you want to come for a ride in my submarine, in the dark under the waves? Just the two of us?

WELCOME ABOARD!

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

OMFG FURRY posted:

who needs a rubber? i've sat in my bath tub boiling my balls for over a month, no way i'm -not- shooting blanks!

sir this is a wendys drive thru

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Hello Sailor posted:

Take a picture of me putting my dick in this dumbfuck's hamburger bun!

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

You know, a paleo diet makes sense if you think about it, I'll get my wife to join in eating raw meat as well

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

Pasketti posted:

*buys a funko pop*
haha cool toy

*a few months later*
*has over 100 funko pops*
haha just a few more to complete my collection

well, it'll be quite reasonable if i sign a contract with my wife, right?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Yea she's crazy but the sex is amazing. I'll just let this one play it out because there's NO WAY we're getting married or having kids. Deep down we both know this relationship has a time limit.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Condoms just feel weird dude. Besides it's not sex if you're not raw dogging.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Gamer gate? Isn’t that an online game store? Let’s read what this is all about...

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

I’m gonna listen to all these goons who say that eating rear end is cool and good! Alright, here I go! My tongue is extending towards my SO’s butthole!

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
This Xiaomi phone runs the same apps as that thousand dollar iPhone or Samsung and it’s only thirty bucks, so it’s a no-brainer. And I don’t have to go to the mall, I can buy it right here at this gas station.

I’m sure KTNT Wireless is just as reliable as the other guys so I’m sure I’ll get my important calls like several prospective employers that I just interviewed with or as my mom’s only emergency contact who has fragile hips and is prone to falling and getting stuck on the floor. It says it’s Ultra3G+ up to 10x faster than dial up* so it’ll be fine for YouTube which I need to help me fix my 2007 BMW so I can make it to dialysis tomorrow, I’m already a couple days late and if I miss it again my doctor says I’ll never leave the hospital.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Hello Sailor posted:

https://www.thestranger.com/seattle/my-boyfriend-boils-his-balls-for-me/Content?oid=17443105

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
I'll sit here and wait for threads I'm following to get bumped rather than tackle anything on my extensive daily life to-do list

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Laslow posted:

This Xiaomi phone runs the same apps as that thousand dollar iPhone or Samsung and it’s only thirty bucks, so it’s a no-brainer. And I don’t have to go to the mall, I can buy it right here at this gas station.

I’m sure KTNT Wireless is just as reliable as the other guys so I’m sure I’ll get my important calls like several prospective employers that I just interviewed with or as my mom’s only emergency contact who has fragile hips and is prone to falling and getting stuck on the floor. It says it’s Ultra3G+ up to 10x faster than dial up* so it’ll be fine for YouTube which I need to help me fix my 2007 BMW so I can make it to dialysis tomorrow, I’m already a couple days late and if I miss it again my doctor says I’ll never leave the hospital.

loving lol

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

I'll sit here and wait for threads I'm following to get bumped rather than tackle anything on my extensive daily life to-do list
Hey... it’s not that extensive... what with no social life
:smith:

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

Laslow posted:

Had a former coworker with this phone who had to battle the insurance company about switching out the insulin pump she needed. Constantly complained that the insurance rep was "hanging up on her". Then her boyfriend and family started "hanging up on her". It stopped playing music correctly through headphones and started playing through the internal speaker only. That one was the fault of Pandora or Spotify or the album ripper, I don't recall that excuse.

thread content part:

I've been dating this girl for less than 90 days.So what if shes been committed twice, I need to move into a new apartment with her ASAP!
yes I really did that like a fucken idiot

Ardemia fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Oct 28, 2018

poopnanners
May 3, 2016

hey guys lets party

Ardemia posted:

Had a former coworker with this phone who had to battle the insurance company about switching out the insulin pump she needed. Constantly complained that the insurance rep was "hanging up on her". Then her boyfriend and family started "hanging up on her". It stopped playing music correctly through headphones and started playing through the internal speaker only. That one was the fault of Pandora or Spotify or the album ripper, I don't recall that excuse.

what a idiot. shoulda bought huawei.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Male prostitution? Hell yeah bro!!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Wait, so there no monthly repayments AND I get to continue to live in my home for free? Sign me up!

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
These Beanie Babies are gonna pay for my kids' college once we resell them!

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Anybody want to buy some diesel? It’s got a weird color but it works fine!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Hometown Slime Queen posted:

These Funko Pops are gonna pay for my kids' college once we resell them!

See also bitcoin.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I met this really cute girl at the strip club a month ago. She says she is only doing it to pay her way through nursing school. She really seems to understand me, well a lot more than my wife does. There is a little bit of an age difference, but that shouldn't matter if it's real love. I think I'll take Jr.'s college fund and transfer it to her so she can buy textbooks, and baby formula for her son. Maybe if I give her enough, then she will agree to run away with me. (She has said no the last two times I have asked.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I'm gonna apply for a bunch of credit cards so I can build up my credit really fast.

• Locked thread