Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
Super excited for this year! Getting my doctorate up in Utah means I got a season pass at Alta with 6 days in other area resorts for ~$600! Hell yeah student pricing.

My wife somehow got away with 100 for a 50% all tickets all season at Alta too! That plus new gear we bought at the end of the season last year means I’m hoping it’ll be a good snow year!

...are we ever going to get good snow years anymore, I grew up in Texas and don’t know what’s good or bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

Dangerllama posted:

Seems super sock-dependent. I got a pair of DTS cycling socks that are the poo poo. I also have a pair of their running socks that are meh as heck; way too thick and ill-fitting.

:shrug:

I’m with you on this but about my smartwool socks; they’ve been better than any other sock I’ve had, including darn tough, but maybe that’s just me/these particular socks.

To each their own within reason, I guess.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet
Made it up to Alta for day 2, and it’s a crazy rear end whiteout day with winds near 40 mph at the ridge. Only lifts open are Collins and Wildcat, the blue and black lifts on the fun but crazy side of the mountain.

Did one totally insane get-my-my-bearings-hope-I-dont-blow-out-my-knee run on the hardest run I did last year (after 7 months of not skiing, and because it was basically the easiest way down), ran down a bunch of ungroomed powder with maybe 75 feet of visibility, got my groove back a bit near the end, and am now sacked out in the lodge, waiting out the crazy rear end blizzardy conditions so I can drive my FWD golf wagon down the mountain.

Fun times all around: glad I have a season pass to get my second full season in with a LOT of skiing, and I’m glad my first run was basically quintessential Alta.

SapientCorvid
Jun 16, 2008

reading The Internet

Kazak_Hstan posted:

hell yeah everybody break everything

43” at Alta in two days, hit my favorite fresh run after the lift going to it was closed for 3 days, hit the ridge wrong, one ski popped off, the other didn’t.

Moderate to severe muscle strain: can’t walk very well, may be done for 3 weeks.

:(

Edit: in other news, anyone got a silver bullet for IT Band/LCL injuries? Elevate, but should I do cold or hot on it?

SapientCorvid fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Jan 20, 2019