Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011

well i got a season pass for Big White, the most creatively named mountain, so i guess i better learn how to snowboard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011

Yesterday I went snowboarding for the first time.

I fell down a lot, and then I fell less. It was great and I canít wait to collect more interesting new bruises next weekend

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011

Mongoose posted:

Keep it up! It's like 3-5 days of falling down a lot, then a whole new world opens up to you. You'll just get better and it'll become more and more fun. 5 years 150 snow-days later you're blissed out in a flow-state flying through some powdery trees laughing uncontrollably and having the best time of your life.

The first time I strung together a few turns I realized I felt the same way about it as I did when I started to ride a motorcycle. So uh RIP to my free time every weekend I guess

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011

Way ahead of you! Most of my gear this first season is budget or borrowed, but I did buy a nice Giro helmet, and it's probably already saved me from a nasty headache

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011

Second day :toot:

I had lessons and am very glad I did. Next weekend I think I'll be ready to start learning on proper runs

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011

I've now gone snowboarding four times :toot: Took a couple lessons so I'd know what to work on and how, and I'm super glad I did. Still lots of practice to do, but today was the first day I can honestly say I did a proper carve on a proper run. Feels very good

focus right now is on keeping more weight on my leading foot while turning, and I should probably be bending more at the knee to soak up impacts. it's all starting to come together though

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011

oops i got hooked

This is been my first year ever snowboarding, and this past weekend I went up with some friends and we rode blue runs all day. I'm feeling pretty happy with my progress so far! The last lesson I took was in lousy conditions, so nobody else showed up and I got a one-on-one for the price of a group lesson, which helped a lot. I would count taking lessons as the smartest thing a newbie could do, outside of getting a helmet.

I've been borrowing an older Burton Process, camber profile and 155cm long (I'm a 160lb man). When I get my own board I wouldn't mind better float on powder, but I really like how snappy the Process feels and I don't want to get a directional board since I still want to practice riding switch more. What should I be looking for?

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011

Big White got 42 cm over the last 24 hours. I think today is gonna be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011

Iíve been trying to work out what I want to buy for my first board, so I rented out a couple but now I want em all :ohdear:

The Niche Pyre is a really sharp carver, I could just pick a line and lean wayyyy over with no drama at all. Super stable and planted ride, but pretty stiff for dipping through trees. Wanted to ride it all day

But then I rode a Salomon First Call and itís such a goofy, fun, floaty board that now Iím torn