Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
Got out to Falls Creek yesterday after missing the entire 2020 winter:

Took a few runs to warm up the muscles, but once they got going it was pretty smooth sailing. Enough lifts were open so the weekend crowds weren't too packed; a few beginner & intermediate runs were enough to thin the crowds out across the terrain. Runs were nice in the morning but got pretty slushy in the afternoon. As Laserface said, you couldn't really go off piste but people were definitely trying!

Got about 10-12 days lined up for this season across the three Victorian resorts, including a 5 day trip in late July - can't wait!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
A couple of snow falls over the last few weeks means that some decent runs at Mount Hotham have opened up over the last week. Even though this was the last weekend of school holidays the resort didn't feel overly busy. Got to carve through some of the fresh stuff at the start of the day and by lunchtime most runs were pretty tough. The forecast shows a fairly consistent amount of light snow falling for the rest of July so fingers crossed for a solid season.

Got treated to a phenomenal sunset on the way home too!

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR
Yeah I feel for Sydneysiders this season - just as the season started to kick in you're unable to go. In VIC our restrictions currently stop us from sharing accommodation with people outside of our household so my snow trips with friends are on ice for a little while

PalaNIN
Sep 19, 2004

LRLRRRLLRRLRLRLRRLRLR

Laserface posted:

Over a meter of snow a week before season opens here in Australia and more on the way. Best start to the season in nearly 20 years.

I have no trips booked til July though

I'm hoping to sneak up to Hotham for a single weekday in late June to remember how to board again, but same - my first trip is scheduled for late July