Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
does pineapple belong on pizza?
This poll is closed.
No, pineapple does not belong on pizza. 52 9.63%
no pineapple does NOT belong on pizza 86 15.93%
i have poo poo taste and pineapple DOES belong on pizza 241 44.63%
goku 161 29.81%
Total: 540 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

McRibs are real food and I like to eat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Tim Whatley posted:

Unless you're 12 years old or younger get bone-in wings like an adult

Bone-out wings are actually just sauced chicken nuggets. And that's totally fine, but just have the courage to call a spade a spade.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
meats are ranked the following:

turkey > beef > chicken > pork > fish > lamb

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

hot dogs are better than hamburgers

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

General Dog posted:

Light-colored condiments (mustard, mayo, ranch) go on the bottom bun, dark colored condiments (ketchup, BBQ sauce, chili) go on the top bun.

Doesn't completely matter. The point is what maintains the structure and integrity of the burger/sandwich and what you're hoping to give in the bite when they go through it.

Typically I do hot sauces and mustards on the bottom, yes, but if they're like Coleman's or Flavored. I do BBQ sauces/Chilis on top of the burger because in the case of something like BBQ sauce it can caramelize a bit then put a cheese on top of it to melt it or put a cheese then chili on top to aid in the melty process. I do mayo/aoili's on the top of the bun. If you do mayo/ranch on the bottom, a lot of buns have weaker lower buns and it wets and mushes/breaks the thing up if some people can't elegantly hold and manage their eating.

I typically like to give heat on the bottom part as it hits the tongue then as they bite down the top part comes in which can be the mayo or whatever and as they bite through the crisp/cool veggies it provides relief as they chew.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Clawtopsy posted:

fish > pork > lamb > beef > chicken > turkey

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

Valko posted:

Cracking eggs on the rim of a bowl is just fine. Don't listen to people telling you they MUST be cracked on a flat surface. I don't care if I break the yolk because I'm whisking them anyway. I don't think any harmful bacteria is going to survive the baking process either.

There are people who don't crack eggs on the rim of a bowl?

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

white chocolate is good

so is pineapple and ham pizza

the op has never had a good hamburger

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

white chocolate isnt chocolate

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Linux Pirate posted:

There are people who don't crack eggs on the rim of a bowl?

I watch a lot of cooking shows and cracking eggs on an edge is a strange taboo among a lot of TV chefs. They say the shell fragments and bits of it might go where you don't want it. The shell might be contaminated with chicken feces and you will pierce the white/yolk with something hazardous. Anthony Bourdain, Gordon Ramsey and even Jacques Pepin all believe things like this.

It might have been true in a bygone era when hygeine standards weren't up to scratch 150 years ago but nowadays it's nonsense.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

Lol everything poultry related is covered in feces

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hot dogs are soft tacos

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Bone in Wings are better than boneless which is a sauced chicken nugget. The few times boneless works is if you're doing the insane hot sauces where it's easier to eat but it's not as much fun. I prefer drums to flats. Ranch is an abomination and Bleu Cheese is preferred.

Burgers should be the smash burger variety, thinner patties up to 1/3 lb are better than 1/2 lb and one should only do 1/2 lb if they have high quality types of beef ground in there and always cooked medium to medium well. Steaming for cheese melt is crap, let the cheese melt naturally on the hot burger and sometimes a cooler less melted cheese adds to the experience than a liquidy version.

Brioche buns are over rated and Garlic Cheese Bread Buns is under-rated with Croissants not being used enough.

Bacon is better on the melted cheese fries than on the burger itself. Chili is also better on the cheese sauce fries than on the burger itself. Waffle Cut > Belgian > Crinkle Cut > Baked > Loaded (cheese+bacon, chili+cheese, carne asada) > Chip/Crisp > Au Gratin > Mashed > Curly > Other.

Ketchup is sugared tomato crap. Hot Sauces >= Mustards > Aoilis/Mayos/Dressings > BBQ type sauces > Salsas/Relishes/Variety > Tomato type Sauces > Oblivion > Ketchup.

Smaller portions + lower prices + flavorful variety tastings > larger portions of same stuff.

The best pizza is a knife and forker like Deep Dish or Chicago Style which is better than NY thin style or Neopolitan style. Pizza in Italy is inferior to American.

Fruit can belong on pizza and caramelized fruit should be in more cooking and food but it depends on the application. The thinner the crust, the more applicable fruit can be. The thicker the crust like a deep dish or covered, no fruit allowed.

90% of steaks/steak places are crap and over-rated. Most of the time they are bland blobs of undercooked meat that people should just go to a field and eat the cow raw like on some nature doc than pay stupid amounts of money. But a good steak done at the right steakhouse is alright but only in small portions and cooked medium but no lower and no higher. It is dependent on the skill of the chef.

Cost does not equate to value in food or drink. Sometimes the best places are hole in the wall places in the most dangerous ghettos compared to high falootin fancy restaurant uptown. Wine is over-rated and mostly the same poo poo and more expensive does not mean better. Liquor/Mixed/Cocktails > Beers > Wines.

The best steak is a cheesesteak. Whiz is only acceptable in small dose cooked into the meat to keep it moist/soft. Provolone is the superior cheese on cheesesteak. Marinara does not belong on a cheesesteak. Bread should be a bit crusty. Ribbons are better than whole pieces. Diced veggies are better than whole.

Iceberg lettuce can have a purpose for crunch but leaf, butter, romaine, spring mix, spinach are so much better in general and cabbage does a better job than iceberg lettuce if one wants crunch.

Sometimes less sauce is better than more like with pasta. Also, try adding a little Korma or Tandoori paste to marinara or red sauces.

Sous Vide is the dumbest poo poo that I do not get. Poached is poo poo cooking and such eggs are disgusting. I don't like boiled eggs in smell, texture, taste.

Tuna is catfood.

Milk in sauces like cheese sauces or pasta sauces, less is better.

EDIT: If Mexican, Chinese, loving flour and mayo/sour cream or hot sauce give you diahrrea the problem is you. Not the food. Your stomach sucks poo poo and you need to toughen it up.

Gatts fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Oct 26, 2018

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

gravy is a beverage

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

ketchup is a smoothie

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
if you eat a burrito like this you should be literally stoned to death

https://twitter.com/sfchronicle/status/1055592109674319872

no hyperbole whatsoever

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Chinatown posted:

no hyperbole whatsoever

he's already super stoned if he's eating it like that

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

Chinatown posted:

no hyperbole whatsoever

hat
glasses
hoodie
burrito in front of face

definitely bieber

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

same goes for eating a pizza crust first

crust is last

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Clawtopsy posted:

same goes for eating a pizza crust first

crust is last

its common knowledge that only people with brain damage eat the crust first

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong
rear end should be a major food group

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

jimmyjams posted:

rear end should be a major food group

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like food -- blue valkyrie

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Sausage, jalapeno, and pineapple pizza is excellent.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Clawtopsy posted:

D U C K >>>>>>>

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Duck with some kind of berries or candied nuts is :discourse:. There's a nice restaraunt near me that cooks a duck with cranberries and pecans and it's divine.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Elderbean posted:

Duck with some kind of berries or candied nuts is :discourse:. There's a nice restaraunt near me that cooks a duck with cranberries and pecans and it's divine.
Duck is crazy good when it's made well.

curlys gold
Jan 17, 2018

that duck better be cleaved in quarters by a chinese dude

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
bacon is the most overrated meat there ever was and ever will be

pancakes are not good breakfast food , just sugary cake bs

Lobster and crab are sea spiders and are unappealing to even look at , shrimp is a sea bug too

I can’t stand the sight or smell of ketchup

Black licorice tastes really good

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Chinatown posted:

no hyperbole whatsoever

its like he is sucking out the filling and he's going to throw the desiccated tortilla husk on the ground

STOP LITTERING
Sep 11, 2005

Screw NY and Chicago style pizza, Detroit style is best.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I don't think grilling a PB&J like a grilled cheese improves the quality because hot jam is kinda gross

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
thick cut onion rings suck. stuffed bell peppers suck.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

bacon is the most overrated meat there ever was and ever will be

pancakes are not good breakfast food , just sugary cake bs

Lobster and crab are sea spiders and are unappealing to even look at , shrimp is a sea bug too

Haverchuck posted:

what the gently caress

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
"rare" steaks are undercooked garbage for idiots who want stomach problems

Shadow0
Jun 16, 2008

If to live in this style is to be eccentric, it must be confessed that there is something good in eccentricity.

Grimey Drawer

Valko posted:

I watch a lot of cooking shows and cracking eggs on an edge is a strange taboo among a lot of TV chefs. They say the shell fragments and bits of it might go where you don't want it. The shell might be contaminated with chicken feces and you will pierce the white/yolk with something hazardous. Anthony Bourdain, Gordon Ramsey and even Jacques Pepin all believe things like this.

It might have been true in a bygone era when hygeine standards weren't up to scratch 150 years ago but nowadays it's nonsense.

What makes you think chicken farms are more hygienic now than before when chickens could actually move around instead of swimming in their own filth 100% of their existence.

kazr posted:

Lol everything poultry related is covered in feces

Also some countries don't wash their eggs before grocery storing them and it's super gross. It means you don't need to refrigerate them, but it's not worth it.

Pies are tasty.

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!
This is an example of a sausage:

This is not a sausage:

And this is definitely not a sausage:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Bone-in wings are great for people that like wasting money on loving bones and meager nibbles of meat and skin just to think they're somehow superior to people eating big chunks of meat.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Haverchuck posted:

Don't care about the peppers either way but onion rings that only have pathetic little bits of skin are inferior to the good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

Brown rice is fine, and you don’t need a rice cooker if you have a dang pot and lid and can set a timer.

Grilling isn’t any better at producing good tasting food than any other method, and mostly is for gross loud dudes to have something to be boring about.