Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

Gonna have me some good friends around
Gonna have me some good times in town

This music is extremely my poo poo

I actually prefer Moon Duo to Wooden Shjips proper

Also everyone listen to Acid Mothers Temple

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

freudorbison posted:

I did coke with Dungen once

One of my ex's lives in Athens and did coke will Will Cullen Hart (Olivia Tremor Control), and he and his wife tried to get her into a threesome.

precision
May 7, 2006

The latest Wooden Shjips album is dope

Also Sunns are really good but they're more like psychedelic elevator music than psych rock per se. "Music Won't Save You" is a great bliss out song in the vein of like American Analog Set

precision
May 7, 2006

Whatever happened to the alleged third Olivia Tremor Control album they were talking about a few years ago

precision
May 7, 2006

That's what I assume but I can't find any official statement and oliviatremorcontrol.com looks like a geocities page and probably hasn't been updated in as long

precision
May 7, 2006

I've seen AMT three times and it's always loving mental. Absolutely love those guys. Ate hot wings with them once.

precision
May 7, 2006

Argentina has always been cool. They had lots of psyche rock in the 90s and 00s too. Santos Inocentes' first album is still a stone classic

precision
May 7, 2006

Love Black Mountain, wish they'd do another Pink album though

Talking of which, I listened to Boris' Pink for the first time in years the other day and his drat I forgot how perfect that record is. A bit more metal than psych rock but still plenty psychedelic, especially the first and last tracks.

I like everything Boris has done but kinda wish they'd go back to that sound

precision
May 7, 2006

Oh man, Boris is touring! Planning on seeing them at the orange peel, that place is pretty small so my face should be appropriately melted off

precision
May 7, 2006

This album has a million views so I'm guessing they're not obscure to somebody but drat if I've ever heard em before: Holy Wave:

https://youtu.be/Q5tJpt1f_YA

precision
May 7, 2006

I randomly discovered Tropical gently caress Storm a couple months ago and now I have no idea how I ever lived without them

"Who's My Eugene" is perma stuck in my head

precision
May 7, 2006

me your dad posted:

Best name for a psych rock band? Probably so.

Nah King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is still the best

precision
May 7, 2006

A human heart posted:

Most of the Japanese psych scene did their thing sober(and I assume still do) because Japanese drug laws are really harsh

Some of them do definitely take a lot of psychedelics though. When I stayed in Tokyo for 6 months, weed was almost impossible to get but shrooms and acid were pretty easy, but the only place anyone could get them was from musicians lol

precision
May 7, 2006

Oh, speaking of Brazil, last year this excellent Flaming Lips tribute came out from there. It's extremely focused on the noisy psyche side of their discography

https://theblogthatcelebratesitself...he-flaming-lips

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

Filth Pig is at least better than anything Ministry has done since. I kinda liked the "Lay Lady Lay" cover.