Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Wife and I powered through the whole season last night and today. I don't know if it's good television, and deep down I suspect that it isn't. But I can't think of another show that has been so fully committed to its chosen aesthetic, and for that I respect the hell out of it.

VV Sounds like a loving lit Sunday

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jan 26, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm excited to dive in, probably tomorrow when I'm done watching CATS on shrooms.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I liked this season okay.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

This season was okay I guess.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
The jump in budget this season has made the show even more gonzo. It's great.

Xillah
Nov 29, 2002

I paid $10 to change some guys avatar to an Oblivion Elf with giant tits just to steal this gif
Urh, her friends have a band one episode. Never mentioned again.

Then we have a couple of cheerleader musical numbers. Did I miss a bit when she used magic to become the middle/main cheerleader? I'm not American, I assume that would be someone that's been doing it for more than 5 minutes.

I hate myself for watching this show.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Xillah posted:

Urh, her friends have a band one episode. Never mentioned again.

Then we have a couple of cheerleader musical numbers. Did I miss a bit when she used magic to become the middle/main cheerleader? I'm not American, I assume that would be someone that's been doing it for more than 5 minutes.

You did not miss something, no. Character building and development really did not play much of a role at all this season, unfortunately.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Did... did the writers forget that they ended last season with Lilith having the ability to grant magical powers to anyone and also bring people back from the dead at will?

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.
I really hated the cheerleader dance numbers. Felt like they forgot this wasn't Riverdale.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

This season really showed the Riverdale roots, for better or for worse.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I kinda like all there terrible song covers on these shows

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Wasn't a huge fan of last season, loved this season.

The last episode is literally Avengers Endgame but better, down to the redhead being the only lasting random death.

Also Zelda and Marie :swoon:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Sarah posted:

I really hated the cheerleader dance numbers. Felt like they forgot this wasn't Riverdale.

Or "Glee," ffs.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Sarah posted:

They were really terrible, and went on way too long. And I love the idea that a band of teenagers, when putting together a set list, would settle on "My Sharona" and "Teenage Dirtbag."

The only good musical number in the whole season was that weird Purple Summer song.

Eighties ZomCom
Sep 10, 2008

Shneak posted:

The last episode is literally Avengers Endgame but better, down to the redhead being the only lasting random death.

I was wondering why her actress's name never appeared in the opening credits but Agatha's did

Also it's been a while since I've seen season two, so remind me, why exactly did Lucifer need an heir to begin with?

Sarah
Apr 4, 2005

I'm watching you.

ShakeZula posted:

They were really terrible, and went on way too long. And I love the idea that a band of teenagers, when putting together a set list, would settle on "My Sharona" and "Teenage Dirtbag."

The only good musical number in the whole season was that weird Purple Summer song.

When they do singing like that, like the choir singing in previous episodes... that's what fits. I forgot about the Purple Summer singing. Just looked it up on youtube, it's very good. That's what I expect from this show, not singing and dancing to It's Tricky three times a season (probably only two, but I feel like it was three).

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

EvilTaytoMan posted:

Also it's been a while since I've seen season two, so remind me, why exactly did Lucifer need an heir to begin with?

Broadly speaking, because ~prophecy~ says that's the way it's gotta go down

There might have been something with Sabrina's mortal nature allowing her to do specific acts that Lucifer can't re: unsealing Hell, but it's all arbitrary anyhow.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
I'm about halfway through this season and drat is it a slog. I might not be able to finish the season, it's so rough. Spoilers for eps 1-5:

Way less fun than the first and second. Nobody is allowed to have fun this season, the main heavy from Hell, Caliban, is terrible in every way, and I never liked Nick so the extra attention he gets as a main cast member is awful. He's basically written to be unlikable this season, anyway.

I'm hoping this improves now that they've broken up, but the show is hinting at Caliban to become a love interest next

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

I've only gotten up to episode 6 of the latest season, but MAN is Nick a pill. I get WHY, we ALL get why, but still, does he have to be SUCH a drag?

I prefer my romantic interests to have a touch of bad boy in 'em, so I liked Nick more than Harvey at first. Maybe Caliban will be better?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

https://twitter.com/bendelacreme/status/1223046762920701952?s=19

escalator dropdown
Jan 24, 2007

Like all good stories, the second act begins with a call to action and the building of a robot.

Malpais Legate posted:

This season really showed the Riverdale roots, for better or for worse.

I’d say for better (introducing pagan and eldritch poo poo to the cosmology) AND for worse (the loving music numbers). On net, they’re still on the right side of bonkers-fun as opposed to bonkers-awful to my taste, but I’m doubtful they’ll avoid falling over the edge eventually (assuming they even get more seasons).

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
As someone with massive arachnophobia the last few episodes I've seen have been killing me with anxiety. They even played Lulluby by the Cure, it's a drat song about being eaten by a giant spider!

I would take a thousand musical numbers over this

E: oh JESUS

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
Enjoyed the season, but the main problem is still ‘people don’t communicate well.’ Sabrina is the worst example of this. Oh and she makes awful choices.
RIP Dorcas, Elspeth ( and probably probably very soon) Agatha. You weren’t great actresses.
Really want them to just get rid of Blackwood. He has worn out his welcome.
Enjoyed the Pagan stuff this season & particularly when they went for the kids in school.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's an entire season of Sabrina being insufferably smug and making incredibly dumb decisions but the writing delays the consequences long enough that she either never suffers from them or manages to figure out a way to have her cake and eat it too. Also I think Kiernan Shipka isn't actually good enough to be the lead for a show.

There should have been more scenes of Ambrose and Prudence's wacky cross faith adventures while hunting down Blackwood I think those were the most fun parts.

E: what the heaven is with their new catchphrases

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
My brain is just bouncing off this season; I find myself completely unable to care about anything besides Theo getting a boyfriend, which is nice. And the dialogue has reached Hemlock Grove levels of "Wait, did they say that? Was that the actual line? Let's rewind and...wow, an actor had to say that."

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
I just want to know where the actual Judas Iscariot is. Seems like that's a guy they'd keep tabs on.

Also poor Miss Wardwell, couldn't they have mindwiped her so she wasn't still hung up on Adam? (I am not advocating mindwipes but at least maybe give her a false memory of how and why he's gone?)

The second a main cast member died I knew they'd be doing some timey wimey stuff to undo it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Just a very bleh season. I had been on board with the cornball so-bad-its-kind-of-good territory of the show because it was fun and the creature effects were neat. The narrative threads of season 3 were generally pretty haphazard and all over the place- which is saying a lot for this show.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Finished it. Liked it a lot because I totally dig the lore of there being entire pantheons of gods around including Eldritch space horrors lurking in the background.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
I'm halfway through the latest season and I think I'm going to bow out of the series.

It's just way too silly now with the underworld clearly wanting a coup, but is near powerless to do so, and Sabrina being so incompetent and breaking so many rules, yet always manages to land on her feet.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Is there a "part 4 is the last part, I'll miss you the most lady satan" thread yet?

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
We can keep using this thread, since it doesn't get that much traffic. I'll PM a mod to update the title later this year.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

done tbh

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
Man, this show has... really done some things with the momentum it had from its first season. I hope we at least get a rollicking Old Ones time and some closure.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

This has been showing up in my recommendations forever, so I watched a couple episodes. Then the first season. Now the second. Shortly to be the third.

Holy poo poo is this show ever good.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

a mysterious cloak posted:

This has been showing up in my recommendations forever, so I watched a couple episodes. Then the first season. Now the second. Shortly to be the third.

Holy poo poo is this show ever good.

Are you complaining that the show you just binged 20+ hours of never gets good?

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
You might want to reread their post.

Edit: Oh, wait, you're reading that last line like it's a question, when it's just slang for "This show is really good."

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

I mean, I get that adding the word “ever” might make that confusing, but goddamn the entire context of the entire post screams “this was great!”.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

To clarify: Show is fantastic!

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

a mysterious cloak posted:

To clarify: Show is fantastic!

well jeez if you hate the show that much then why are you still here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005