Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is a Netflix original television show based on the comic book series of the same name. Sabrina Spellman is a half-witch half-mortal teenager who, on her 16th birthday must choose between the world of witches and the world of mortals.

Kiernan Shipka as Sabrina Spellman: A half-human, half-witch teenager attending Baxter High, who is just beginning her dark education as a sorceress, while trying to maintain a normal life.

Ross Lynch as Harvey Kinkle: Sabrina's charming, dreamy boyfriend who is the son of a coal miner and unaware of the dark forces conspiring to keep him and Sabrina apart.

Jaz Sinclair as Rosalind Walker: The brash, empowered and outspoken daughter of Greendale's minister and Sabrina's best friend.

Lucy Davis as Hilda Spellman: One of Sabrina's two witch aunts, who has a motherly nature and warm sense of humor, and is skilled at brewing potions.
Miranda Otto as Zelda Spellman: One of Sabrina's two witch aunts, who is sterner than Hilda and very protective of Sabrina. She is also a member of the Church of Night, devout to the Dark Lord.

Chance Perdomo as Ambrose Spellman: Sabrina's pansexual witch cousin from England, who is her partner in crime, but is forbidden from leaving the Spellman home after being placed under house arrest by the Witches Council.

Michelle Gomez as Mary Wardell / Madam Satan: Sabrina's favorite teacher and mentor at Baxter High, who becomes possessed by the devil's handmaiden to become Madam Satan, a cunning manipulator.

Tati Gabrielle as Prudence: A student at the Academy of the Unseen Arts, with a personal grudge against Sabrina. She is the leader of a trio of witches, the Weird Sisters.
Adeline Rudolph as Agatha: A student at the Academy of the Unseen Arts who is one of the Weird Sisters.
(Abigail Cowen is Dorcas, the third weird sister and a recurring character instead of a main. Couldn't find a photo of just the two of them.)

Richard Coyle as Father Blackwood: The High Priest of the Church of Night and Dean of the Academy of the Unseen Arts, who gets into conflict with Sabrina.

Additionally, Salem is in the show but has a lesser role because Kiernan Shipka is allergic to cats.

X-O posted:

:siren: Netflix Rules Update! :siren:

OK, here's what we're going to try as a test. Some people are not happy with the go-wild aspect of the Netflix threads so we're going to try a different approach. If you have general thoughts on the show that's fine. If you are doing specific reactions to episodes they will go into labeled spoiler tags with the episode you are on or have completed for the first 72 hours. If you haven't gotten to that episode then don't click on the spoiler. This is just a trial for Daredevil and if it doesn't work we'll just go back to the old way from now on. And now an example post:

So far the show is good. I enjoy this show so far through episode 10. It is a fine television program.

1x10
The thing that happens in this episode certainly happened. And how it tied back into what they were saying in episode 3 was definitely a cool thing. I think the villain that appeared in this episode and did the villainy thing was bad. He should be punched by the Daredevil and have to go to jail.

The 1x10 is just the episode you're up to. You can write all about episode four if you want, but if you let something slip that came out later and you forget and it maybe happened in episode six that's why you still put episode 10 and not episode 4. Get it? Hope it works. And if not sorry!

So, spoiler tags until Oct 29

Considering the nature of the show, Spoiler tags through the witching hour on All Hallows Eve. (Untagged discussion starts 1 AM on the 31st)

Senerio fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Oct 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Good idea. Spoiler tags through the witching hour on All Hallows Eve.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm quite enjoying this so far. So far my favorite character is Susie.

(Actor and character direction spoilers from interviews, nothing related to the story)
Lachlan Watson, who plays her, is non-binary and interviews have indicated that that is where her story is headed. Or, at least in that general direction. That can go well or horribly wrong. Either way I'll be entertained.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I finished the season today (I paced myself so that I'd finish on Halloween) and I have to say that I quite enjoyed it!

Susie was my favorite overall, but Ambrose and Wardwell were a close #2 and #3. I really liked Susie's arc this season, and Wardwell monologing in the final episode was a treat.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I like how accurately they portrayed Sabrina as a know it all 16 year old who you just want to punch in the face for being dumb.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The sibling will be Nick Scratch. With how this show goes, it's a crapshoot whether he knows.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Zelda mentions her dog familiar when she's talking to Sabrina about hers in the scene with the catalogue.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah that was the scene. Zelda offhandedly mentioned that her familiar would like another dog.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Mean Girls, but it's Satan.

Well, now we know what the musical episode will be.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I quite enjoyed the episode. I'm glad they continued the plot as opposed to just being a one-off side story.

Also thanks to muscles like this for updating the thread title promptly.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'm down for it.

Make Lachlan Watson a regular, imo. He was my favorite part of Season 1. Also more Susie in general.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Gaunab posted:

They. Lachlan Watson identifies as non-binary.

Saw in interviews that they're fine with he/him or they/them pronouns. Used he out of laziness.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Season 2 kinda snuck up on me because I was distracted by a bunch of stuff. I'll PM a mod to change the title.

As usual, no spoilers for 72 hours, so The Spoiler Window ends on the 8th!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Yeah Season 2 is out now.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
So I put in for the thread title change before seeing episode 1.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Oasx posted:

The Theo story was rushed, nothing in part 1 really indicated that Susie was trans but could just as well just been that she was lesbian. And because all the focus was on the witch side in the later half of the season, the show couldn't give the Theo transition the time it needed. I don't think the storyline was bad, it could just have been better.

In Part 1, Theo acted positively towards being called a handsome fella by Roz's grandma, and the only time he wore anything feminine was his low point in Part 1, where he explicitly gave up on what he considered himself and instead tried to be what everyone wanted to be. There were a few other hints, but that was the big one that stuck out to me.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
The show is clearly building towards Theo/Sabrina so that we can finally get him some screentime.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
When they mentioned that a human body was the ideal binding vessel I immediately cottoned onto the fact that the guy whose name is the most obvious analogue this side of Louisa Ferre was gonna bind him.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

SardonicTyrant posted:

Did they just forget Witches are hard to kill and can come back to life if buried, like when they did it with Hilda? I feel like they didn't explain too well why some deaths were permanent and others not.

In Hilda's case the Cain dirt that is outside the Spellman mortuary will bring back dead witches.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JYiMZtIkCo

We're back on January 24th. Gonna think of a good title for the thread in the meantime.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Thanks to the mods for the super fast title change.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Also Sabrina is super powerful and relatively untrained so I expect that she put way more power than intended.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
We can keep using this thread, since it doesn't get that much traffic. I'll PM a mod to update the title later this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Betty and Veronica as the witches who accidentally summoned Madame Satan was the one scene I wish we had in this that was in the comic.