Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Skwirl posted:

They sorta did rip off the statue design, but I couldn't help but laugh at this

So Satans deliberately evoke images of "evil" in order to protest religion, and then get salty when people associate those images with evil things?

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. If you're worried people will call you evil, don't call yourself Satanists!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

No Irish Need Imply posted:

The reference to the original Sabrina show to start episode 1 is hilarious.

I didn't catch it, only the callback to the first season with the dancing. What was it?

I'm only on the first episode, but I like how Sabrina is becoming more of a poo poo. Feels like a natural extension of her cocky precociousness.

Also Moist von Lipwig seems to be rocking the guyliner/lipstick this time, it kinda works.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Michelle Gomez owns, but I still wish she was inexplicably Glaswegian.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Two-thirds mark thoughts:
I like how much tougher Hilda is this season. They made a token effort last year to make her more than just a dithery housewife, but she's a full on badass now.

Harvey is too good for this world. Dude is just solid and sympathetic and lovely.

Ditto Theo's dad. Dude doesn't fully understand what Theo's going through, but he's sympathetic and caring. I also like that in the Tarot reading he was the one to take his arm off, of course he'd be there for that.

Episode 5 is literally Macbeth, and then they have a half-baked Hamlet reinactment. This season's been really good at making the kids seem precocious rather than impossibly gifted, and I like those little moments when it has naked contempt for them.. Other great "loving kids" moments: chanting "chug chug" as Sabrina downs the potion (tbh, I could have gone for more gross-out comedy with the vomiting), the musical chairs switcheroo, and Prudence shooting down Sabrina for acting like they're even close to being friends.

I also love that they're not even pretending to be subtle with the camera tricks with Salem.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Ep 7: A loving crown of thorns :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Over the past week I keep thinking about how this show used a satanic forest orgy to tell a really sensitive and sex-positive story about teenage romance.

It might just be my favourite thing to have ever been filmed.