Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

NowonSA posted:

I caught the first few episodes before skipping ahead to the finale since I never have self-control when all the episodes are available at once on stuff like Netflix.

Whaaaa? That's weird.

I'm on episode 6 and liking the show. Sabrina is a smart character and I like that so far the show dodges standard teen melodrama or at least keeps it to a minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Finished the season and it was good but the way it ends leaves a lot of things that could send this show in a nosedive in the second season. I wish them luck on that front.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

nessin posted:

I've only seen the first two episodes and I'll probably watch at least two more to see if it hooks, but I don't get how people can think the first two episodes were good. The teen angst/drama is turned up to 11 and is just ridiculous instead of being relatable or realistic. And Sabrina treats the whole lead up to her birthday like the TV show whereas the entire backstory as presented in this Netflix series seems to imply the first second of episode 3 should be the mass slaughter of her friends followed by torture until she breaks and signs the book. It's very disjointed and disappointing to see Sabrina act like this is a teen drama in the world of a grim hidden world horror flick.

The first two or so episodes do lean into the teen melodrama but they manage to weave it into the magical aspects of the show so it becomes interesting. At least that's how I felt.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Some of this is addressed in the later episodes. Also the names make more sense if you remember they're basically opposite Christians.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Boris Galerkin posted:

I thought he had a twin boy and a girl. Zelda took the girl because she was technically the first born and was worried she would be culled?

You're right.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Viridiant posted:

I finished episode 4 last night and while overall I enjoy it one particular thing is bugging me.

I found it weird how Zelda seems to have no issues apparently regularly murdering her sister but feels bad for putting her through the Harrowing. Zelda's character so far feels weird and out of place and I'm not sure how the rest of the family tolerates her. Well, Hilda I can understand because that seems to be a pretty hosed up and abusive relationship. I'm actually having trouble pinning down the morals of anyone involved in the magical world, even Sabrina, though she's definitely the most consistent so far outside of the villains. And Salem.

Later on they go into exactly how Hilda comes back from the dead and it isn't really something everyone has access to. Also the next episode gives some insight into Zelda's thoughts.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

That was cute.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Edmund Lava posted:

Nick Scratch is such a dumb on the nose name I can’t decide if I love it or hate it.

The baby in the last name is named Judas so I'm sure there are a lot of on the nose evil names for witches and warlocks.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Sounds like you just watched the first episode of a show. :shrug:

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

I could have sworn she called it the cunning or something like that.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Oh okay.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I would like to think there's a spell for an illegal cable and Internet hookup so that he can avoid all that mortal trouble. That or witches/warlocks work at cable companies to gently caress with mortals.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
You mean the plot with Susie? I thought it was alright. Good special. Made me less wary of the next season.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
It feeling too monster-of-the-weekish is probably a reason I liked it.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Senerio posted:

I'm down for it.

Make Lachlan Watson a regular, imo. He was my favorite part of Season 1. Also more Susie in general.

They. Lachlan Watson identifies as non-binary.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Watching the second episode and Satan trying to temp Sabrina is my favorite thing. I hope it randomly continues all season.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I'm probably going stag for Lupercalia.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012

Ohtsam posted:

Holy poo poo Episode 6 :stare:

Sabrina might straight up be the anti-christ

I think you mean Holy poo poo, jesus was a witch!

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
No, it's just that since they're witches and warlocks they give their kids satanic names just like Christians give their kids names from the Bible.

Episode 8 sort of feel bad for the mandrake Sabrina even though she was mean to Theo.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I saw some people on reddit thought Theo happened too suddenly but I don't agree with that since his feelings were built up in season one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
The Church of Night was still weird though; like the sex festival was just as campy as the cannibal one and Blackwood was always shown to be a sexist regressive.