Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Put this on as haoweenish background noise the other night while we were waiting on a pizza and holy poo poo, we ended up sitting enthralled and bingeing half the season. Finished up last night. This show is way better and more fun than it should be, and I know nothing about Sabrina except I remember it being on in the 90s and the snarky talking cat.

I also had no idea Sabrina was from the same universe as Archie. It also makes me want to try Riverdale which I had totally written off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Anyone else thinking part two is going to have Sabrina as more of an antihero/stuck up succubitch and her mortal friends as the actual goodies?

Harvey, Suzie, and Roz were all really cool but ended up... not doing much this first season. Most of their story was finding out about their own and the town’s supernatural history with minimal payoff.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Speaking of, I was wondering how old all the witch characters are supposed to be. Are the weird sisters mortal school age?

Hilda mentions being around for Queen Victoria’s coronation and Ambrose has been in house arrest for 75 years, so dudes like Blackwood must be ancient right?

Also who are Ambrose’s parents?? Are the Spellmans actually aunts/cousins or is that just a term of endearment? You’d think the missing fourth sibling that Ambrose was born to might get mentioned.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Yeah Miranda Otto is amazing, what of it?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Mymla posted:

Witches can probably just ask Satan for help with their stock purchases.

This would explain why successful companies are so evil, most of their shares are owned by Literally Satan.

This is canon. Also NYC's witch academy is located on Wall Street.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Since they filmed two seasons at once, I'm assuming things will turn around. They weren't under the obligation to have a satisfying potential series conclusion since they already had the second season's worth of story greenlighted.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This was filmed simultaneously with s1 right?

I’m hoping for seasons 3-whatever they figure out a way to get more Salem in. I’m a sucker for wisecracking kitties.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Especially if you were sentient and had magic powers

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
3 days till the winter episode succubitches

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Sabrina, how do you go from last season’s necromancy shitshow to “weird sisters lets summon my dead mom’s spirit!”

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’m told that the proper satanic greeting for today is “happy holidays.”

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
What happened to the aunties’ familiars?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I found Harvey’s reaction to his tarot card vision pretty unrealistic. You’re telling me Harvey “dad I wanna read and draw horror comics not play sports” Kinkle wouldn’t recognize a hamfisted HP Lovecraft expy as his roommate?

E: Christian witch hunters as evil murderous villains. Typical liberal claptrap. Get your politics out of here show.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Also, I just wanna point out that if you have pretty much any criticism at all of a trans storyline and want to start it by dropping “SJW” in tyool 2019 then uh... you’re painting yourself with an unpleasant brush.

Like, doesn’t matter how good your critique might be, that’s at best tone-deaf as all hell.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I love Roz and all but I want Sabrina back with Harvey because Nick is annoying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Most of Harvey's stuff from last season seems to have been dropped. The extremely traumatic murdered zombie brother incident is mentioned like once or twice, there's basically nothing about witch hunting, and don't we only see his dad the one time?

I know that this was a back-to-back affair and production was probably affected by that, so hopefully if part 3 and onwards happens they'll have a little more breathing room.

E: does anyone in this show have a living mother? Roz, Harvey, and Theo have dads, Roz had a grandma, and Sabrina has a ghost mom. What is going on to moms in Greendale?

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 12, 2019