Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Just finished season 2. It’s really incredible. Every character is interesting and complex, with maybe one exception. The action rules really hard, and moves in ways that I’ve never seen from a tv show or movie. It’s a really unique experience, and I love that they ended it with Alucard crying alone in his dad’s study. I was surprised the show actually went there.

This show does fan service right. It’s not incredibly obvious or in your face, it just happens and is a nod to people who’ve played the games. It’s also not fan service in place of content or quality.

Really impressed with this show, I have no problems with it at all. It even ends at a point where I’m satisfied with how much I’ve seen, and excited for season 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

The action is so drat good in this show. Everyone fights so differently, and the movement is so exaggerated and cool.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Just thought of something: is the sword Alucard uses supposed to be the sword familiar?

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

He's technically in Lament of Innocence. :barf:

I'm ok with them mentioning Leon and other references to that game but I really hope they never adapt the plot elements of that turd.

Lament of Innocence was a good game! It wasn't a great Castlevania, but as a character action game it's pretty kickass

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

idk maybe they don't have to have another dracula fight? Like there seems to be other big bads around, like Carmilla, Isaac, Death, and potentially Shaft.