Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
i feel bad for Alucard, the poor guy deserved some happiness and all he got is more depression

also bisexual threesomes are hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
im still not sure if Taka and Sumi always planned to kill Alucard

they did have ulterior motives and even state as such at the end when they say they want to make their own empire, but i also got an impression that they did actually like Alucard for a while and turned on him because of paranoia coupled with miscommunication - Alucard was avoiding some topics because of bad memories and wanting his new friends to stay with him longer, and the twins had too many terrible experiences, both at Cho's court and seemingly after it that they were too mistrustful and assumed he was just using them and possibly thought he's going to turn on them eventually

though they still brought their fate upon themselves, even if im sad about what happened. Alucard did nothing wrong and tried to talk them out of it until there was no other choice short of maybe hugely risking his life by trying to disarm or incapacitate them , and he defintely didn't owe it to them

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Ghost Leviathan posted:

(Given that they're animated by souls taken from Hell, can be assumed that since they've already died once and suffered a lot it doesn't bother them much anymore)

the monster in the first episode was running away in fear after Sypha fried him up a bit, i think it's less not afraid of death and more overconfident because they're scary hell monsters now

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Lurdiak posted:

I was really hoping that the werewolf they dragged back to town would've turned back into a person, and everyone would be like "why are you dragging a naked man behind you".

But I guess the show's operating under the principle that all non-vampire monsters are just different kinds of night creatures instead of distinct beasts with their own lore.

The bigger question is why Trevor and Sypha hosed around so much before barging in. Treating the whole thing as a mild mystery to investigate when they both know exactly what a greater demon is capable of made no sense for either of them. It's not like they were being cautious, we know for a fact they could've very easily kicked everyone's rear end, and they did when it was already too late.

The story would've made a lot more sense if no one had seen a demon survive and go into the church. Like, the judge is all "oh no I waited until sundown", but Trevor shouldn't have even waited five minutes.

they were cocky and didn't treat the situation as seriously as they should've because they were both in Sypha's "we're having a cool fun adventure" mode. i think Trevor allowed her enthusiasm to infect him and was also lulled by what i assume was a string of easy victories in the days before they arrived to the town, and the whole "holy poo poo we ended Dracula" thing

or at least that's how i saw it

RottenK fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 13, 2020

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Bust Rodd posted:

Once again, Hector’s options are literally “willingly succumb to an antediluvian vampire of unknowable power” or “be tortured and murdered by that vampire” with basically no options in between.

Not mention that seducing the vulnerable is like, more or less, the things vampires are basically famous for. They were literally crafted as metaphors for the rich and wealthy who seduce and prey upon the weak and poor working class. I seriously would find any scene in which Hector successfully rebuffed a 1,000 year old max-stats vampire ladies’ advances far more unbelievable.

hector was helping dracula because he wants the human race to be culled and the survivors confined and treated like farm animals or pets. maybe well cared for farm animals or pets, but still just farm animals or pets

you're correct that he didn't really have a choice in his current situation, but also he doesn't deserve sympathy until he stops being a poo poo person with awful beliefs

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
ellis isn't the only decent writer in the world, just hire someone else and keep going

i guess the feel of the writing will change but as long as the new person still makes the story interesting who cares :shrug:

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Bust Rodd posted:

Ellis’s voice comes out through the hundreds of tiny lines and details and “off-the-cuff” remarks the characters mutter under their breath. I don’t doubt that someone could hit the same basic dialogue beats but the overall tone and humor of the show are absolutely a distinctly Ellis experience...

For better or for worse... I mean the horny Japanese twins was a terrible plotline that was also 100% Ellis and while it certainly drove home that Luc is lonely and going a bit mad all alone, there are 50 other directions that could’ve gone and the show wouldn’t have been weaker for it.

listen as long as the new writer keeps giving Alucard hot guys to gently caress (or get hosed by i guess) its all good

just don't have it always end in murder, that wasn't sexy IMO

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
who started a web forum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE