Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Elderbean posted:

Yeah for an animated MA show there's no terrible fanservice.

Family Guy and South Park have a poo poo ton of fanservice.

Meinberg posted:

Carmilla was pretty much right about everything.

Carmilla didn't understand why Dracula didn't forcibly convert his wife into the undead, when it was all but out righted stated it was insanely against her wishes and has a pyschosexual pet fetish with Hector, despite disdaining Dracula for the same thing. She's the entitled poo poo she thinks Dracula is, down to being motiviated by an empty promise to rule the world.

Godbrand was right about everything, as he was the only one to realize what Alcuard did, that Dracula wants to die and take everyone with him, and pointed out every flaw in everyone's plans.

The key thing to understanding Carmilla, who is the only interesting NEW character outside of Issac, is that it's the exact opposite of what the above poster stated. She was fine with being an abducted bride for an old senile vampire. She was mad that after she was turned and seduced into her current state with promises of riches, titles and power, that she was denined the titles and power. She's mad she was fleeced and scammed once she was allowed into the undead elite, not the the indignities or horror of how she came into her state as a Vampire.

She's the Vampire capitalist/neoliberal. She's okay with genocide, but wants to know why there isn't more Vampire Wallstreet CEOs

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 04:30 on Oct 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Strobe posted:

You appear to have completely missed the point of his post. He said that there was no fanservice (presumably of the titillating variety) here and that's unusual for TV-MA.

Her disdain is for him calling Lisa his wife when to her sensibilities he didn't have a wife he had a beloved cat.

Godbrand was right about Dracula only after Carmilla beat him in the face with it, and was also stupid enough to directly confront one of Dracula's loyal minions with conspiracy with no backup plan.

Yeah, Godbrand was an idiot and the biggest in the show, but he's the only one who saw through everything even if he had to have his head dunked into water into doing so.

My point there was Carmilla had a huge beef with Dracula because she projected her own issues onto him, and didn't seem to realize why the hell he was acting so crazy even after Godbrand found out and poo poo his pants, ranting about it. It's a deep character flaw, and of course will come into play for season 3

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
I do have to say though, you know there has to be time jump after Season 3 because people are already going When's Dracula coming back?

I'm hoping we get Rando of Blood/Symphony of the Night and then jump into Bloodlines, because screw you all I want to see the Castlevania version of Bram Stroker's Dracula

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Oct 29, 2018

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Bust Rodd posted:

I expect well probably skip to a fresh young Belmont baby, but I was really happy that a show with so many hot vampires kept all the T&A to the bare minimum. This show is gloriously violent, making it sexy would have detracted from it, and Warren Ellis sucks poo poo at writing sex scenes anyway.

I disagree with this, sort of. Eventually they have to have more Sex Vampire Action, and the interplay of sex and violence might be cliche, but it that's only because the soil in that ground is good and bears fruit. But with so much of these 2 seasons focusing on Alcuard's, Trevor's, and Dracula's depression and isolation, and hell grieving in general, there was little to no thematic space for it and would be counter productive. Trevor and Sypha might have found a romantic connection, but loneliness just blankets and submerges the vampires' lives in this show.

Alcuard must and does gently caress, but this wasn't the place or time.

And obviously season three will still be an adaptation of III and Curse of Darkness, but after that it's going to be time to move on to a new game.

It's obvious we're not going to see EVERY Castlevaina on here, the third season might be the last in fact, but if they were smart and it seems they are: Aria and Dawn of Sorrow would be a great way to end Dracula's story properly

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Oct 29, 2018

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

I thought Legends was non cannon.

It's a good game dang it and Al being Trevor's baby daddy would have been funny! Also SoTN ends with him getting a girlfriend, hence why he's even around in Aria and Dawn.

Castlevania has always been a series against incels and volcels.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Meinberg posted:

I might be overestimating its cultural penetration, but I think that it would be a waste to skip over Symphony of the Night. It feels, to me at least, like the one big Castlevania game besides the original that people have heard of. Plus it brings back Alucard, and everyone loves Alucard.

Yeah, I think if we're going by a 6-7 season prestige deal it would be: Castlevania 3/Curse of Darkness 1-3, Rondo of Blood/Symphony of the Night 4-5, and then Aria and Dawn 6-7

twistedmentat posted:

You have Alucard having crazy dreams about his father, but he's been hold up in the castle so long he's forgotten what year it is, and he goes out to find out that Trev is long dead but his descendant Simon is running around.

I do love for all their power, our heroes are a bunch of dummies, though Sypha seems more naiive than dumb. I do love Trevor and Alucards frenemies thing going on too.

This is always going to be a hole in my "do a nice bundle that ties Dracula's and Alucard's stories as the lynchpin" theory. Simon is just too iconic not to do, even if really there is only 1 season's worth of material in both his games, as he has no supporting cast or that much of a connection to Dracula.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Oct 29, 2018

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

sticklefifer posted:

I don't see them skipping Simon, even if it's just for one season. The original is still the most recognizable and has the most versions/remakes, and CV2 is too good a story to pass up. Start the season with Simon killing a resurrected Dracula for 1-2 episodes to cover CV1, have ol' Vlad put a curse on Simon during the fight, then the rest of the season can be Simon's Quest as he tries to track down Dracula's remains before his wound kills him.

Yeah, on retrospect I gleaned that. It's just with the heavy focus on Dracula and Alucard, those are the series you have to adapt and there isn't room for infinite seasons. I guess they could also Rando and SoTN into one, or more importantly just skip over Dawn of Sorrow and just do Aria, it was the better of the two anyway.

It's just that Curse has way, way more of a premise to work with than OG Castlevania and even that isn't too much.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Also 3 is the earliest game in the timeline that involves Dracula.

Legends and Lament. Let's go with Legends though, and have Trevor find out who his daddy was

Panfilo posted:

I've been really enjoying a lot of the Netflix-produced anime lately. They feel different than other anime and I can't quite put my finger on why exactly.

They aren't being used to sell toys to literal children or "sexy" toys to man-children, nerds, and collection nuts. So things like Devilman Crybaby can examine it's weird sexual themes out having to worry about selling a certain number of Satan figures and this can just rest it's laurels and be about vampire politics for a season.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Oct 31, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I can't wait for 90% of the runtime consisting of demon bosses scheming and betraying each other followed by 3 minutes of them getting clowned by Dante.

Can't wait for Dante to just up and kill Dracula and blow up his castle