Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Watched it all last night non stop and loved it, might be the best season.

A happy ending! I thought we'd get a bittersweet one at best, and it certainly looked that way first. Can't help but wonder if they changed the ending with Trevor living instead of being dead. Trevor gets to have his family with Sypha and live in a community where he's not an outcast scorned by the wider world. Alucard obviously found a new love interest who respects him and a community that loves him. Isaac found a new purpose and managed to let go of revenge breaking that cycle of death. Hector probably got the least happy ending due to Lenore but he's free to find his own path now. The big one being Dracula and the wife being alive! What a surprise that was.

I don't really believe Lenore is dead, she went straight to ash or looked like was the case, no horrible burning up like the rest of the vamps so can't help but think that she pulled a fast one and used a magic trick to up and vanish.

Trevor kinda had a rough go at it, until the fight with Death he was getting his butt kicked quite a bit and struggling to stay alive, Alucard and Sypha did vastly more and struggled far less in battles.

Speaking of Death why did Death actually need a mirror to get to the castle? Only reason I can think of is that something in the castle prevented him from going there directly and he needed the mirror to bypass whatever kept him out.

The ending certainly doesn't seem like it allows for any follow up based on the games but a lot can happen between this show and a later Belmont. There are many games where Draculas castle is beside a town that gets absolutely wrecked so that can still happen down the line. Dracula himself doesn't seem like he would go all murder like but it's clear that he can easily fall back into that state of things should something happen to his wife. That's all speculation of course, it's clear that they made the show it's own thing taking elements of the games. If we do get a follow up which is rumoured to be happening I can easily see them doing a whole new continuity that's separate from this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

I Am Fowl posted:

It was just because nobody wanted to see Lenore burn in loving agony when she's committing suicide.

They would have wanted to see that if...

She stayed the purely manipulative and abusive person she was shown to be at the end of season three. One criticism I see with this season was that a lot of characters went in different ways than they were being shown and it's hard to deny that. Ellis getting the boot likely changed the direction things were going. Lenore straight up gas lit Hector and made him into her pet, this season and she's protective of him and flirting freely. Hector himself doesn't appear to be in a bad way at all really compared to what happened at the previous season. The binding ring doesn't even seem to be that much of an issue with him planning out his own betrayal. Yeah I know, they said it gives them control of the night creatures as well but overall it's purpose is very much lessened.