Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

Darth Walrus posted:

One thing I find interesting about Carmilla is that despite being a ruthless, sadistic vampire who wants to enslave humanity, she's basically an agent of karma. Seriously, every single person she hurts has it coming in some way.

Carmilla was pretty much right about everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

My favorite part was the climax of episode 6 when Sypha moves the castle and Carmilla doesn't know what the gently caress is going on and all of the carefully laid plans and intrigue on all sides collapses on our three doofus protagonists bumbling their way in. I almost wish that the season hadn't followed them up to that point, and focused entirely on the vampire court intrigue, then bust out everything falling apart, with an episode to catch up with Sypha and the boys.

Also, agreed on Godbrand being great. He's so great that it's also great when he's getting owned.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

NutritiousSnack posted:

It's obvious we're not going to see EVERY Castlevaina on here, the third season might be the last in fact, but if they were smart and it seems they are: Aria and Dawn of Sorrow would be a great way to end Dracula's story properly

I might be overestimating its cultural penetration, but I think that it would be a waste to skip over Symphony of the Night. It feels, to me at least, like the one big Castlevania game besides the original that people have heard of. Plus it brings back Alucard, and everyone loves Alucard.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I actually dug the pacing in the middle. It gave room for the characters to breathe, which I feel paid off well in the climax. I do wish it was less repetitive and have some focus to the other court vamps.