Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Hope season 4 wraps most of the current plotlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Good season, lots of incredible fight sequences and dialogue.

I do agree that the Hector/Lenore relationship felt a bit underbaked. In retrospect I can actually believe it (Hector was broken but upon hearing about the possibility of Dracula's resurrection he feels an obligation to betray his new master and atone; Lenore is isolated from her sisters and starts to see the man she treated as a pet as her only real friend) but it definitely felt like there was a beat missing between seasons 3 and 4 that could've tied it together explicitly. And I'd also expect Hector to have needed some trick to defy the ring in the first place.

Would also have liked one more scene with Isaac for closure. It wouldn't need to have any significant development, just a conversation with an underling or something would've been enough.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The swearing's mostly meant to be goofy and comedic, feels more real to me if anything. Especially Sypha complaining she's started swearing like she never used to do and must have picked it up off Trevor.
Yeah I thought the swearing mostly made the dialogue feel more casual and conversational. Didn't really get much impression that it was for edginess purposes.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Makes sense to go the Belmont's Bizarre Adventure route really

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Pretty sure he wrote it long before they dropped him. And the series has always treated Dracula very differently to how the games do in a lot of ways.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah having to go around killing people and watching people die was clearly weighing on her. There's also a big difference between "We'll kill this monster and then everything will be fixed" and "We'll kill these monsters then kill some other monsters and keep reacting to monsters in other places forever".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Wow, I forgot I was the one who made this thread, lol. I'm glad Ellis is nowhere near this one, maybe it won't be loving unbearable.
Do we know who's replacing him? I'm apprehensive given that a lot of what made the show good was in the writing but maybe they can retain some of that.