Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
The Before Time was a carefree era of frolic and anticipation for new Netflix shows.

I hope we can get at least two more seasons out of Ellis before he wanders off to write an amazing comic with an elongated ending. But it doesn't feel like my lifespan is long enough for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
[Pokes around Internet]

But he did get to finish writing S4. So unless the plan is to to erase him from it immediately, he's got one season to set up a hand-off and wrap up as many plot lines about femdom vampires that he can.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Google only has three recent write-ups I'm seeing (Superhero Hype, Bleeding Cool, and CBR). One says no direct statement has been made, and two say it was due to allegations, though link no evidence of any actual statement by Ellis or Netflix.

So I'm going to lean on no publicly given reason(s) yet.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I just want more snarky dialogue, high-speed dismembering, and plumes of blood. Vampires welcome too since someone has to be a super strong boss monster for the plot beats.

Hopefully the new writing staff can collectively write on par with Ellis before Netflix gets cagey and just slams their trusty cancelation axe on it.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Yea, I'm talking about the future Castlevania projects they want to make.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

DoctorWhat posted:

same difference

:hmmyes: :agreed:

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
He appears in Bermuda shorts and sunglasses, visible from the portal behind him is his wife in a swimsuit with a daquiri telling him to get back in here.

Impatient sigh followed by a blood shower before he waves goodbye to the confused protagonists.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I vote for a title change since it's the last season by this creative team, and it's either offshoots or a cancelation by Netflix from here.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I want to say that Rondo of Blood is more well known than we're giving it credit for, but at the same time Konami opted to say that the intro to SotN was the ending to Bloodlines because they wouldn't officially release Rondo outside of Japan for several more years. This also made me go back and try to do all the cool uppercut and dash moves in Rondo and be sad.

That leaves Castlevania fans, emulation kids looking for ISO's to use with Magic Engine back in the day, the retro curious, and the type of people that go "ACKSHUALLY IN NIPPON THEY--" for the types that would already know about how cool Richter is. This might not be the biggest group of people to target, but it does however feature Maria as an rear end kicking protagonist and summoner so it's not all swords and whips.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Five eps in and really enjoying the fourth season so far.

That armor fight was :black101: as gently caress. I thought more Artorias than Guts because of the wild hair and short cape, but it's a moot point. There better be more wild feral style fighting in the future or I'ma be pissed.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
Someone did mention that Malcolm McDowell voiced in this show a some pages back, but I forgot and didn't think much of it. That extra menace potential he's got as a voice actor shined nicely.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
It also means we probably get Maria to repeat the trio of protagonists from Ellis' four seasons. Unless Alucard gets shuffled off to a coffin and this takes place during Rondo instead of SotN. In which case we get plucky and precocious young Maria instead of the grim adult variant that jumps really high.

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I've watched Hellsing Ultimate both normally and abridged. I found the abridged parody to be a better show overall due to cutting out the long moments of nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
DBZ Abridged and DBZ Kai are so similar it's weird. Though I never watched Kai past the Freeza saga, I always intended to once I learned that more episodes were released.