Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Just finished the series: Its real good. A bit more of a slower burn with a Game of Thrones type feel to it. When the action does happen its very short, brutal and flows beautifully. Alucard takes a bit more of a leadish role on the heroes side (with the dynamic between the three being very fun to watch) while most of the plot and story goes to the other Vampires/Demon Forgers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Verisimilidude posted:

Lament of Innocence was a good game! It wasn't a great Castlevania, but as a character action game it's pretty kickass

I loved that game as well and beat it with all three characters.

So with the success of Castlevania there are rumors the producer of the Netflix series will be making a Legend of Zelda TV series next.

Instagram tease: https://www.instagram.com/p/BpibkaZn3oJ/

https://amp.businessinsider.com/legend-of-zelda-tv-series-adi-shankar-2018-10

BexGu fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Oct 31, 2018

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I got that from the AVGN videos and other stuff. Sadly, its why I never played 3, because I remember 2 being so crummy and confusing I never played another one.

That's a shame cause 3 was balls to wall action and great gameplay. I remember hanging out and watching people play 2 so I correctly skipped it and only played 1 and 3 on the NES.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

twistedmentat posted:

Yea from what I could tell from the vids is that its pretty cool and has replay value by having 3 characters to play.

Stupid Simon's Quest.

Def give it a shot. It help there are a couple of romhacks to update the controls a bit to give more control over jumping:

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/3596/

quote:

Enables all characters to control their x-velocity in mid-air while jumping (including while jump attacking); Grant’s jumping controls remain unchanged.
When releasing the jump button, one immediately starts falling again; this allows the player to make smaller hops if desired. (Does not apply to Grant.)
After being knocked back, the player regains control after a split second and can angle their fall.
When walking off an edge, the player retains control instead of dropping straight down.
All characters can jump off of stairs at any point in the climb (however, it is still impossible to land on stairs, so be careful jumping from long flights of stairs over pits)

If you want to give Simon's Quest another shot there has been some pretty good work on updating the dialog to not be a mismatch of badly translated text. (And this one includes a ingame maps)

https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1032/

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Panfilo posted:

Devilman Crybaby was a pretty :psyduck: series. It started out very similar to the older one I remember, then just went off the rails later on. I didn't really understand the ending.

Seemed pretty easy to understand.

ANGELS FALL EVERYONE DIES!

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

RareAcumen posted:

Wait, what the hell, since when could Alucard be in sunlight?

The fun of being a Dhampir in a land of Vampires.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I wonder if we are ever going to see other Belmont's or if its just to be the ongoing Trevor/Sypha/Alucard adventures. Every now and then the camera goes to portrait of Leon Belmont at the entrance of the Belmont hold and I thought we might get a side story on how the Morning Star/Vampire Killer whip was created (basically doing Castlevania: Lament of Innocence).

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I wanna see some more monsters from the games running around. The fishman with a fire ball attack was a nice touch and that was a really creative re-imaging of Legion but I wonder if there were any more in season 4.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

punk rebel ecks posted:

So I understand why Isaac wants to kill all humans due to him being a slave in the past, but why does Hector hate humans so much?

He had a natural ability to bring dead animals back to life (and kept them as pets) soooooooooo got the poo poo kicked out of him alot from the rest of the village. It also showed up his dad ( alchemist) so both his parents kind of hated him.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Or just move on and follow the other Castlevania characters.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Defunctland did a review of that attraction (it was The Black Cauldron related ) and it legit looked scary, espically for a 6 year old.

https://youtu.be/H6rnPqSrE40

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Mat Cauthon posted:

IMO it's always been one of the funnier aspects of Castlevania lore that he's such a fanboy for Dracula.

It makes sense but is still just kind of absurd. Just tagging along behind Dracula for all of eternity, hoping to be noticed.

Dracula is Deaths favorite bartender that he can't stop pestering.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

kneelbeforezog posted:

Kinda jarring that the last time we see Hector hes saying "my life is over" when hes been enslaved (or relegated to pet status) and the next time I think we see him hes comfortable, working on his own hours, scheming by putting little stones in cracks in the walls, and clearly playing Camilla? Or is he on good terms with his slaver now. Time will tell.

At the end of season 3 Lenore went with the more "Glided Cage" type of slavery for Hector. After getting the rings on him the vamps thought they had completely broken him (and needed to work on bigger projects) and just kind of left him alone to work.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Dirk the Average posted:

That's its primary purpose, yeah. It apparently does nothing to stop him from plotting resurrect Dracula, making a spell that takes you directly to Carmilla's throne room, building a trap for Lenore, or cutting the ring off your finger yourself.

Really it's the last bit that gets me. Rule #1 of cursed items is that you can't remove them of your own will. That's the point.

I took it Hector could only do that with Isaac knife since it was shown multiple times that it could screw with the flow of magic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

zoux posted:

Yeah this is simply how people talk in animation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZADmRukyvA

Still the gold standard in Animation Swearing. Highly recommended.