Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Wants the Cup the Most?
This poll is closed.
Red Bull New York 6 14.29%
Atlanta United FC 6 14.29%
Sporting Kansas City 4 9.52%
Seattle Sounders FC 4 9.52%
Los Angeles FC 2 4.76%
FC Dallas 1 2.38%
New York City FC 0 0%
Portland Timbers 6 14.29%
D.C. United 8 19.05%
Columbus Crew SC 3 7.14%
Philadelphia Union 1 2.38%
Real Salt Lake 1 2.38%
Total: 42 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

whypick1 posted:

Look, I realize you and the Revs could play for the Cup and somehow you would both lose, doesn't mean you have to get pissed at the rest of us not-loser teams.

I don't give a poo poo about your teams, your fans are loving awful.

They don't know anything about the sport, and they don't care to learn anything about the sport. Just gently caress off, we don't want you. The MLS front office wants you because they like money, fans of soccer in America don't want you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lmao if they call that offside

Edit: lmao

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
Lol what a loving joke. Absolutely awful. gently caress this dumb league, shooting itself in the foot constantly

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Shrapnig posted:

I don't give a poo poo about your teams, your fans are loving awful.

Nice meltdown op

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747
The New York / New Jersey MetroStars will never, ever win the MLS Cup, and have been reduced to pretending the least relevant trophy is actually the most

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

highme posted:

Nice meltdown op

Both supporter groups are actually really horrible tbh.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
can’t we just all agree that watching Atalanta lose in front of 69,000 hyperactive fans would be the best

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

lol

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

DR AIDS posted:

This is true, but it's also funny that a fan of a NY team is bitching about other fans; NY fans tend to be among the shittiest in every sport.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

apparently I’ve been watching too much serie a

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Had to miss the Atlanta/NYC game, honestly surprised that Atlanta didn't poo poo the bed.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

paddyboat posted:

apparently I’ve been watching too much serie a

Serie A posting on the awful app added Atalanta to my phone's auto-correct, which led to me sending a handful of texts incorrectly saying Atalanta when I lived in Atlanta.

highme
May 25, 2001

DR AIDS posted:

and? solid meltdown regardless

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

binge crotching posted:

This is true, but it's also funny that a fan of a NY team is bitching about other fans; NY fans tend to be among the shittiest in every sport.

I mean credit where it’s due, I’ve never had to outflank fascists when Jersey came to town

NYC on the other hand got me phone calls from the god damned New York Times about the inbound fascists

Can I tell you guys just how hosed up this whole year has been

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Please don't, I already have to live it.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

RSL loving up people's brackets.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
cool goal, noted good team RSL (!?)

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
god drat, that was a nice goal

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

youre getting a columbus rsl final and youre gonna like it, garber

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

trem_two posted:

god drat, that was a nice goal

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Big mistake there by Rimando.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

G-Hawk posted:

youre getting a columbus rsl final and youre gonna like it, garber

Inshallah.

That would thrill me beyond words. Especially if they refuse to let Precourt hold the cup

highme
May 25, 2001

https://twitter.com/TheMikeDonovan/status/1059474043546460160

XBenedict
May 23, 2006

YOUR LIPS SAY 0, BUT YOUR EYES SAY 1.

At this point I hope Columbus wins the whole loving thing just to rub poo poo in Garber's face.

porkface
Dec 29, 2000

100% on board with either Columbus v RSL or v Timbers for the 2015 rematch.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your Boy Fancy posted:

The New York / New Jersey MetroStars will never, ever win the MLS Cup, and have been reduced to pretending the least relevant trophy is actually the most

The New York/New Jersey MetroBulls have never won the US Open Cup.

Edit; Fancy you know I love/hate you, we're probably similar age and have been watching both of our teams for 23 loving years. It bugs me that in any professional league in most of the rest of the world winning the Shield three times in the past six years would be considered incredible but in the US no one cars because they haven't won the playoffs. It's American sports culture and I get it but it still makes me mad.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Nov 6, 2018

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Firstly, the shield is always the most important silverware. Secondly, because of the unbalanced schedule our shield win this year was actually harder than playing a balanced schedule and warrants even more praise. The math checks out sorry losers.

Your Boy Fancy
Feb 7, 2003

by Cyrano4747

Shrapnig posted:

The New York/New Jersey MetroBulls have never won the US Open Cup.

You should try it some time, it’s super fun. Especially when it’s an away to like Bethlehem or Rochester or some other weirdo spot to start the run.

quote:

Edit; Fancy you know I love/hate you, we're probably similar age and have been watching both of our teams for 23 loving years. It bugs me that in any professional league in most of the rest of the world winning the Shield three times in the past six years would be considered incredible but in the US no one cars because they haven't won the playoffs. It's American sports culture and I get it but it still makes me mad.

I mean, it still goes back to the balanced schedule thing. Without that balance, it’s not Winning The League. Nobody said the Warriors won the league when they won 73 games. They said the Warriors blew a 3-1 lead. Three Shields in six years, especially considering the roster and managerial turnover, is one hell of a thing, don’t get me wrong. That’s on par with the old Arena DC dynasty, probably surpassing it considering how much the league has evolved between then and now. It also doesn’t make your team the most remarkable Could’ve-Been King, because that goes to the Revs of the 00’s for blowing all those finals.

End of the day, if you end up losing a two-legged series against perfectly adequate Columbus, who are good at everything but great at nothing, can you really say you’re the best team in MLS?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

I went to MLS Cup in 2008, every fiber in my body wants to go to MLS Cup 2018. I flew 3000 miles to watch Alejandro loving Moreno and Frankie "The Tankie" Hejduk gently caress up my weekend.

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Seltzer posted:

Firstly, the shield is always the most important silverware. Secondly, because of the unbalanced schedule our shield win this year was actually harder than playing a balanced schedule and warrants even more praise. The math checks out sorry losers.

Too bad you don't get stars over your crest for winning the shield then.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I have a star over my jersey and got to hold the Shield, best of both worlds.

The Shield is pretty goddamn heavy.

highme
May 25, 2001

Seltzer posted:

This year, yes. The first year you won the Shield, not so much.

Regardless, I don't know anybody out here that didn't get a good chuckle when NYRB won. On top of that, we're all much more excited to watch a cup final in Jersey than Yankee stadium.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

your team is only good if it wins both the shield and cup simultaneously, and also a third trophy

Huskalator
Mar 17, 2009

Proud fascist
anti-anti-fascist
So if NYRB gets knocked out and SKC makes it to finals does SKC host or lets say if Atlanta also makes it they would host because they have more points?

Hopefully I worded that so it's understandable.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Highest points hosts, so Atlanta would host no matter what if they make it out of the East (since only NYRB had more points than them).

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

whypick1 posted:

Highest points hosts, so Atlanta would host no matter what if they make it out of the East (since only NYRB had more points than them).

Hosting order:

NY
Atlanta
KC
Seattle
NY2
Portland
Colombus

RSL can't host

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

binge crotching posted:

Hosting order:

NY
Atlanta
KC
Seattle
NY2
Portland
Colombus

RSL can't host

Garber's nightmare is RSL at Columbus. I want it to happen so bad.

I think NYC hosting would be pretty embarrassing too because of their stadium situation.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

as long as it's not atlanta - seattle

columbus - rsl would be neat though

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Azerban posted:

as long as it's not atlanta - seattle

columbus - rsl would be neat though

Probably won't be Atlanta/Seattle unless the injured guys for Seattle can make it back for the next round, and they somehow manage to advance past Portland without them.

Columbus/RSL would be entertaining, mostly because of how pissed off MLS marketing would be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
My non-fictional friend from Seattle says that the reason the Timbers and Sounders play today is because of a boat show on Sunday? Also, there is a car show today and a concourse will be closed? Lol.