Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
We've been part of the game the whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Deltarune ch2 is actually just posting

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

The real Deltarune was the machine we made to thrash our own rear end along the way

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh poo poo, I didn't think there was a legitimate answer to that question, haha.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

IUG posted:

Oh poo poo, I didn't think there was a legitimate answer to that question, haha.

Its Kyanka's law. Any internet famous celebrity will be discovered to have been a goon at least at one point in time.

So far I have:

Matt McMuscles
Gigi DG
Toby Fox
Ian James Quartey

Just off the top of my head. Probably a few others I am missing.

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
Hi, everyone! New to thread, played Undertale, wanted to check the devs new project. Was wondering if I had to have Undertale files installed and records of my previous runs on my PC?
Or is just knowing the lore is enough before getting the 1st Chapter of this?
Sorry, if this was asked a thousand times before...

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Any stuff about deltarune reading your undertale saves was just a rumor from when it came out. You’ll recognize some undertale characters but the game itself is standalone.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

J.A.B.C. posted:

Its Kyanka's law. Any internet famous celebrity will be discovered to have been a goon at least at one point in time.

So far I have:

Matt McMuscles
Gigi DG
Toby Fox
Ian James Quartey

Hbomberguy too, I guess. I don't know if he's important enough to count or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXh2hhz6KoI

Freddie Wong does, and he came up recently for having bought the Johnny 5Aces original art for like, 5,100$.

https://twitter.com/fwong/status/1207133773071929345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
There is also Kate Beaton but stories are mixed on if she left because of boredom or Goons being Goons.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I think the story is that Kate Beaton visited a website once a few years ago and left when she got bored and we're still talking about it.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

YggiDee posted:

I think the story is that Kate Beaton visited a website once a few years ago and left when she got bored and we're still talking about it.
Kate Beaton is worth it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Hbomberguy too, I guess. I don't know if he's important enough to count or not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXh2hhz6KoI

Freddie Wong does, and he came up recently for having bought the Johnny 5Aces original art for like, 5,100$.

https://twitter.com/fwong/status/1207133773071929345?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

hosed up that he didn't buy it for the original price of $4420.69.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Electric Phantasm posted:

hosed up that he didn't buy it for the original price of $4420.69.

Yeah, but 5 1's.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Spiffster posted:

There is also Kate Beaton but stories are mixed on if she left because of boredom or Goons being Goons.

She left because she got bored, but goons have apologized for other goons being goony to her ever since, so she’s probably gotten creeped out by goons at some point afterwards.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

J.A.B.C. posted:

So far I have:

Matt McMuscles
Gigi DG
Toby Fox
Ian James Quartey

Chris Onstad used to post in the Achewood thread though might not count because someone bought him an account just so that he could post in the thread.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Tom Siddell used to post here, and so did the Faithmouse guy. We broke his brain lol

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Every once in awhile the kill six billion demons dude, Abaddon, shows up.

Jeff, Brad, and I think Dan from giant bomb posted here once or twice ages ago before wisely running away.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Tom Siddell used to post here, and so did the Faithmouse guy. We broke his brain lol

With all due deference to Dan Lacey, SA wrecked his mind so hard he actually became a normal person after being a religious zealot for so long.

A lot of ex-Channel Awesome people are/were goons too, folks like Lindsay Ellis, Dan Olson, Kyle Kallgeran and Allison Pregler. Though only Dan still posts here actively, goons kind of drive the others away by being goons.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦
The dude who wrote Weapon Brown occasionally po---*checks history* oh... oh no :gonk:

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

overmind2000 posted:

Chris Onstad used to post in the Achewood thread though might not count because someone bought him an account just so that he could post in the thread.

This is also the case for Matt McMuscles, who was listed above. He also got driven away by goons being goons

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
And who can forget legendary goon Jon Stewart?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
there were a lot of good webcomics people posting in bss until it got avshalom’d

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Scrap Dragon posted:

This is also the case for Matt McMuscles, who was listed above. He also got driven away by goons being goons

He got driven away because a couple people said they preferred Pat to him, lets be real. I don't think a single person was nasty to him.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Dewgy posted:

The dude who wrote Weapon Brown occasionally po---*checks history* oh... oh no :gonk:

Well now I'm curious. What happened?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Dad Jokes posted:

the guy turned out to be a transphobe, and the first domino in a series of events that led to the closure of FYAD and QCS

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

He got driven away because a couple people said they preferred Pat to him, lets be real. I don't think a single person was nasty to him.

and i STILL DO but i never said it to his face

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Dad Jokes posted:

He wound up being such a massive shitheel that he’s one of the few people who copped a 100,000 hour probation.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Gob of 'Please Forgive Me!!!' posts here. He's cool.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Scrap Dragon posted:

Onstad wasn't driven away so much as he just stopped posting after a while which was probably the smart move considering how many people in the thread gave him money for the cookbook that was never released.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

'just stopped posting' is the Onstad story

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

MagusDraco posted:

Every once in awhile the kill six billion demons dude, Abaddon, shows up.

Jeff, Brad, and I think Dan from giant bomb posted here once or twice ages ago before wisely running away.

Dan is notable for getting the username Mario Speedwagon

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

does nobody remember Matt Damon was a goon here

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

I think Neil Cicierega posted here, once, and got driven away because it was a self-promotional kind of thing, but it could have been someone pretending to be him.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

LashLightning posted:

I think Neil Cicierega posted here, once, and got driven away because it was a self-promotional kind of thing, but it could have been someone pretending to be him.

it was him and he posted for a while and left after he got helldumped for having popular internet things after going in the thread to (successfully imo) dunk on the people helldumping him

when the thread closed it ended up mostly being people being creepy about his sister

helldump!

Perpetual Motion
Aug 12, 2013
Toby Fox has finally achieved the highest musical honor:

https://twitter.com/BiancoAsterisco/status/1209988197851303942

Getting bootlegged.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Perpetual Motion posted:

Toby Fox has finally achieved the highest musical honor:

https://twitter.com/BiancoAsterisco/status/1209988197851303942

Getting bootlegged.

Truly, the greatest achievement.

Beamed
Nov 26, 2010

Then you have a responsibility that no man has ever faced. You have your fear which could become reality, and you have Godzilla, which is reality.

flatluigi posted:

it was him and he posted for a while and left after he got helldumped for having popular internet things after going in the thread to (successfully imo) dunk on the people helldumping him

when the thread closed it ended up mostly being people being creepy about his sister

helldump!

Yeah; he actually got some exposure from one of his (really cringey) pro-SA anti-ebaumsworld songs back then if I remember right.

Jesus the Internet's always sucked. At least he's turned out alright :unsmith:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

iospace posted:

Yeah, but 5 1's.

:vince:

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

iospace posted:

Yeah, but 5 1's.

:vince:

Adbot