Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

CJacobs posted:

God if the stinger at the end turns out to have absolutely nothing to do with Undertale's genocide story and really is just furious sleepwalking to eat an entire pie guilt free I may actually die laughing

Im dead now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

L33t_Kefka
Jul 16, 2000

My 1337 littl3 magic us3r, put 0n this cr0wn, bitch! H4W H4W! I 0wn j00!!!!

MJeff posted:

Oh man, do not try to use a controller, I just crashed and lost a bunch of progress.

This fixed my above error, TY! I thought it was related to certain selections I was making.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
It may be related to trying to draw the buttons properly. When on keyboard you get a reminder that you can run with the X key, but that same scene crashes on controller.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I don't want to risk it. What happens if you delete the cards once you come back to the real world

edit: Cop Undyne lifting a car is amazing. :lol:

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Sep 18, 2021

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy golly gee whiz Toby, I wonder if you're trying to say something with the color scheme in Kris' Dark World room.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Macaluso posted:

I don't want to risk it. What happens if you delete the cards once you come back to the real world

You can't. You automatically catch them if you try.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Araxxor posted:

You can't. You automatically catch them if you try.

Ha, that's funny.

Also how does Toby manage to keep coming up with such lovable characters. I've just met Queen and already I love her

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Oh boy Q5U4EX7YY2E9N I can already tell we're gonna be great friends!

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Are you loving kidding me with this music? Toby?? Hello???

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Lena Raine of Celeste fame has a music credit so I'm expecting even more bangers :slick:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Are you loving kidding me with this music? Toby?? Hello???

Yeah that was a hell of a way to introduce a new track goddamn

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
oh my giddy aunt this track SLAPS

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Nubert, my man!

L33t_Kefka
Jul 16, 2000

My 1337 littl3 magic us3r, put 0n this cr0wn, bitch! H4W H4W! I 0wn j00!!!!
How is he able to nail the music down so good for every zone?

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Araxxor posted:

Yeah that was a hell of a way to introduce a new track goddamn

I came here to post about this. The music in this loving slaps.

Edit: lol at the Beatmania (and Sonic the Hedgehog?) style puzzles.

wash bucket fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Sep 18, 2021

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
so are some people still at level one in their save files? My save file is at level two even though I pacified the first chapter :ohdear:

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I wasn't sure whether the Homestar Runner reference was really a Homestar Runner reference, but once the electric piano tune started playing I had no doubt.

Desperate Character posted:

so are some people still at level one in their save files? My save file is at level two even though I pacified the first chapter :ohdear:

I'm at LV 2 too. I don't think LV means the same thing in the Deltarune universe as it does the Undertale universe. Seems like you'll just power up after certain points I guess.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Excellent it's time for me and Susie to commit crimes in the closet.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Yo what the gently caress berdly dies??

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014
I did not expect to be the victim of a hit and run by an Annoying Dog.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Yo was that Noisemaster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPT_YvaM7vc

Edit: Obviously not, but still.

MonsieurChoc fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Sep 18, 2021

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I can see the sheer scope increase from this chapter and am at not at all surprised Toby opted to get a team instead of making all this by himself.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Is the 6th anniversary build the canon one, now? The download was both of the first two chapters but I didn't replay 1.

Nubert is in chapter 2 and Berdley's doing the gamer talk he was in the stream.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1439067867975065602

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

lmao the queen rules

e: birdley also rules.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 18, 2021

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."
Am I the first to finish?

I know I'm missing a lot, didn't get the shadow crystal for this part. But holy god, that chapter cliffhanger. HOLY COW. I hope Toby's team is hard at work because I WANT MORE SO BADLY.

Music absolutely shreds. Not a ton of standout tracks given the length, but Cyber World is immediately top-tier, TOP tier... Also my heart is just continually breaking. Susie, Kris, Noelle, even Berdly... they're so damaged. :( But yes, wonderful stuff, and the fever-pitch theorycrafting that's about to be unleashed, HOO BOY.

Mukaikubo fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Sep 18, 2021

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
never thought I'd get my rear end whipped by teacups

Joan
Mar 28, 2021

I thought the crashes were a meta element until I looked up that the game just doesn't work with controllers

Mukaikubo
Mar 14, 2006

"You treat her like a lady... and she'll always bring you home."

Joan posted:

I thought the crashes were a meta element until I looked up that the game just doesn't work with controllers

Toby just posted a few minutes ago that a hotfix has been uploaded!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I think I'm on route to unlocking the chapter 2 superboss, and I can already tell this is gonna be hell even though I haven't reached it yet. Little tip, you might want to master the teacup controls.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I feel like I've barrelled towards the end without any hints as to how to get to the new Jevil. Mind tossing over a clue?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

I feel like I've barrelled towards the end without any hints as to how to get to the new Jevil. Mind tossing over a clue?

You got one very vague hint from a boss fight earlier. When you see the doors to before finally being functional, go back to the junkyard and head left. There was a locked door that will be open now. The shopkeeper sells a key you'll need to unlock it. (Wait for it to roulette to an affordable price.) There's also a segment in the traffic jam segment in the mansion that leads you to the location. Also be prepared for a field bullet hell segment that demands you know how to control the teacup.

I haven't gotten past that part yet.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Flesnolk posted:

without spelling it out, there's a fella who wanted to meet up with you later and you should start by doing that

this is a lot easier once you get some shortcuts to old areas happening

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Beat the chapter. That sure is a ending.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Oh no (ending spoilers) I never imagined a face-turn from Queen... Sorry for obliterating all your subjects :(

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I just reached the superboss. I guess at some point we had to get superboss versions of the other soul colors given that Undyne and Sans were superbosses for the green and blue soul mechanics.

kurona_bright
Mar 21, 2013
I completely forgot about the secret boss until Seam commented on it. Whoops. I'll guess I'll go back and replay this at some point.

(full spoilers)
I should've definitely figured out the ending stinger before it actually happened, though. The clues were there all along...
But I think this chapter definitely gives a better idea of who Kris is as a character, though (:smith:). Honestly, I was worried how this chapter would end up landing after such a long time after the first, but imo Toby's hitting all the emotional beats flawlessly here.

Other notes: god, that punch-out esque boss fight was magical. And Noelle & Susie getting on the ferris wheel together, was great, as was Noelle's reaction when Berdly confessed his True Love.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Geez this superboss is more brutal than Jevil! I have to wonder what the later ones are gonna be like. :unsmigghh:

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
I like how creepy Spamton is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
So about the superboss and stuff after it: That guy was actually creepy as all hell. And mettaton... how old is mettaton? That body was made for him, you can catch dialogue to that effect if you go to the cafe after fighting it. But I'm more worried.. seam says you need it, but he doesn't know where it is and he was supposed to give it to you.

Now the ending: I had suspicions that the knight was Kris as soon as I realized he was dressed up as one, but the mentions of a knife plunging into the earth to create the fountain sealed it for me. Also, I think this whole thing with the fountains is Kris's attempt to become a monster, he learned to fuel his body by raw determination, to survive without a soul is the obvious conclusion, but what if it was the other way around? What if his soul is something he managed to make, whose presence is necessary for him even as it changes his behaviour?

Also, what the gently caress no papyrus???