Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

i’m gonna need highly risky invasive brain surgery to get NOW’S YOUR CHANCE TO BE A BIG SHOT out of my head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Augus posted:

i’m gonna need highly risky invasive brain surgery to get NOW’S YOUR CHANCE TO BE A BIG SHOT out of my head

:same:

beabig beabig beabig shot

takeabig takeabig takeabig poo poo

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The different responses to Susie's festival question, coupled with a few other cues, makes me suspect Kris is very into Susie.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

BisbyWorl posted:

One thing that gets me curious about Kris' SOUL is that in Undertale, every time Frisk's SOUL changed color it was due to a monster.

Kris' SOUL changed to yellow without help for the fight against Spamton.

Who says it was without help. Spamton did promise to make you a [BIG SHOT] after all.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Feeling pretty Jokerized tonight. I think I'm gonna do that secret run you guys were talking about, because it sounds super interesting.

RareAcumen posted:

Well yeah it doesn't make sense now. It's missing that final Gaster piece to finally tie everything together.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

NewMars posted:

Calling back to the character creation, I can't help but feel that our vessel would have been much more, even perfectly aligned with our responses that we've been making.

My pet theory with absolutely no basis is that the mysterious voice trapped in the game code is our vessel who got soul-swapped with Kris at the last minute by unseen forces and we're going to try to find them and fix things at some point

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I've come around to thinking Spamton's theme is as good as Jevil's, but Ch1 still wins with field themes by a mile.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
So if Darkners are objects abandoned by the Lightners and exist to make them happy, and the Player isn't/wasn't always in Kris... maybe Ralsei is their original/previous SOUL?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

the way Cyber World drops in with the traps and stuff all synched to the rhythm is such a good vibe, though...

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Scarlet Forest is still my favorite "field" theme (behind Waterfall, which just hits all my musical buttons), but chapter 2 had Pandora Palace, which may be my favorite dungeon theme of all time.

The chapter 2 soundtrack has a scrapped version of Berdly's theme, and I get why he eventually went with a more electronic theme, but I hope we someday get a fully fleshed-out version of it, and possibly its Smart Battle/Bluebird of Misery versions, because it is an incredible concept:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oudca-tbKpU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
A CYBER'S WORLD? is still sticking in my head days later.

Bliss Authority
Jul 6, 2011

I'm not saying it was witches

but it was witches

Blaziken386 posted:

https://twitter.com/mushyart/status/1441118696571736068
i've found what is perhaps the greatest deltarune post of all time

gently caress YOU, DARK WORLD! IF YOU'RE DUMB ENOUGH TO PLUG A GEYSER OF DARKNESS, YOU'RE A BIG ENOUGH SHMUCK TO GO TO BIG SHOT SPAMTONS [Hyperlink Blocked]!

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

someone awful. posted:

the way Cyber World drops in with the traps and stuff all synched to the rhythm is such a good vibe, though...

yeah when the song kicked in just as the city in the background came into view it was so good i literally just had to sit there for a minute

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
oh hello there

we should all be glad toby has not decided to go full on psychological horror

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Zamujasa posted:

oh hello there

There's a second one down there

Dr. Chainsaws PhD
May 21, 2011

this one's pretty cute, though :3:

the other one though, eugh. set off my fight or flight just seeing it

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Yume Nikki vibes

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Discendo Vox posted:

The different responses to Susie's festival question, coupled with a few other cues, makes me suspect Kris is very into Susie.

Also, you can find the "how to draw dragons book" in their house that they checked out from the library years ago and it has a purple dragon in revealing clothing on the front, Kris mentions how the library is never getting the book back.

Yeah, they're into Susie.

Space Cadet Omoly fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Sep 25, 2021

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Also, you can find the "how to draw dragons book" in their house that they checked out from the library years ago and it has a purple dragon in revealing clothing on the front, Kris mentions how the library is never getting the book back.

Yeah, they're into Susie.

I thought it was maybe Asriel who borrowed that one? either way, I do think Kris enjoys her company more than Ralsei.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Discendo Vox posted:

At this point the list of major characters who aren't into Susie is shorter.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Dr Pepper posted:

At this point the list of major characters who aren't into Susie is shorter.

Yes a list of length zero is pretty short, yeah.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Edit: Nevermind, misread

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

ikanreed posted:

Yes a list of length zero is pretty short, yeah.

Hopefully Toriel and Asgore are on it. Bit creepy otherwise.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/avesoe/status/1441572824804511751

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Tenebrais posted:

It doesn’t have to be romantic. Toriel clearly is a Susie fan in a non-creepy way.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s said before but I almost guarantee you that Susie will be the real hero by the end.

Now that they’ve walked back the idea of there only being one ending I imagine Side B in this installment may potentially unlock an alternate story path in the next chapter(s) as well.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Zamujasa posted:

oh hello there

I KNEW I wasn't just seeing poo poo!

I'm pretty sure there's another one above the teacup ride from hell, but only the first time you approach it
okay what the gently caress

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Larryb posted:

It’s said before but I almost guarantee you that Susie will be the real hero by the end.

Now that they’ve walked back the idea of there only being one ending I imagine Side B in this installment may potentially unlock an alternate story path in the next chapter(s) as well.

I've a feeling in my bones that Susie would end up being the Sans equivalent of Side B. You spend Side B steadily robbing Noelle of any agency she had, and there's a fusable item that applies the same status effect to Kris. Safe to assume there's going to be at least one more route doing something similar to another character. Meanwhile, constantly through chapter 1 and occasionally in chapter 2, Susie openly rejects the player's control. She only goes along with what you're saying when she wants to. You have not been able to meaningfully affect her own agency.

So I imagine the capstone of Side B will be her fighting against the party you've worked hard to beat any resistance out of, in order to free the people she cares about from you.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Zamujasa posted:

oh hello there

That smile's kinda similar to the one in the tv at the end...?
Edit: The eyes are Spamton's pink and yellow, though.

XkyRauh fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 25, 2021

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Wait hang on... RULES CARD

Oh my god

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Tenebrais posted:

I mean I did say "major character"

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://twitter.com/CurePimmy/status/1441816142645968896?s=19

Don Pigeon
Oct 29, 2005

Great pigeons are not born great. They grow great by eating lots of bread crumbs.

Shoehead posted:

Wait hang on... RULES CARD

Oh my god

Roulxs is the best, put him in every chapter. Toby I beggeth thou.

Pulsarcat
Feb 7, 2012

Don Pigeon posted:

Roulxs is the best, put him in every chapter. Toby I beggeth thou.

Only if he piles on yet another accent with each new chapter.

Desfore
Jun 8, 2011

Confirmed at least one furry on the Smash team

Pulsarcat posted:

Only if he piles on yet another accent with each new chapter.

Is that cause instructions are always printed in several languages? (I haven't popped open a new deck of cards in years, though. so I dunno if that holds for this situation)

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Blaziken386 posted:

I KNEW I wasn't just seeing poo poo!

I'm pretty sure there's another one above the teacup ride from hell, but only the first time you approach it

okay what the gently caress

it's hard to see because it starts at 0.8 alpha already and very very rapidly fades out once it's visible. if you aren't walking left at top speed it is hard to catch

code:
image_alpha = 0.8
image_xscale = 2
image_yscale = 2
active = false
depth = 800000

------------------------

if ((x + sprite_width) > gml_Script_camerax())
    active = true
if (active == true)
{
    image_alpha *= 0.7
    if (image_alpha < 0.01)
        instance_destroy()
}
it's also named DEVICE_FRIEND, similar to other things like DEVICE_CONTACT, DEVICE_FAILURE, etc. that handle the initial menus, character creation, game over etc.. toby pls

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/jbradfield/status/1441789395141644291?s=20

Death by Bosom (Bosom means titty)

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

WE KNOW WHAT IT MEANS!!!

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
It’s ch 2 spoilers but it’s also a cover I did of a cute song and cute moment.

Ferris Wheel Cover

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

The basement music (Digital Roots) is a super slow version of Your Best Nightmare.

Weird BIAS posted:

It’s ch 2 spoilers but it’s also a cover I did of a cute song and cute moment.

Ferris Wheel Cover

this rules so hard

Dieting Hippo fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Sep 25, 2021