Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

On Mac, Undertale is 159 MB, is SURVEY_PROGRAM (Delta Ruin) is 88 MB. The graphics seem to be more advanced, so I don't think it's a full game. Had to stop after about 40 minutes because I'm at work (although I'm working from home because of the cold, so I'm totally finishing this today).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Has anyone hit the end yet? I just want to know how long this "survey" is. I'm still at work all day, and then tomorrow the wife and I are going on vacation. I still have to pack!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oxxidation posted:

link to the loving artists, you petulant rear end in a top hat

see how i'm not being polite about it anymore?

when you attach or show off other people's work you credit those people, it's the most basic rock-bottom courtesy you can extend them and you don't want to do it because it's too much of an inconvenience for you

Well I put him on ignore, and I'm going to take him off my Steam friends list. Not going to exchange any PayPal for Steam games this way again.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Same, mostly because the dialog kept track of how many times you lost the fight. I thought if you kept getting killed by Asgore, and you kept telling him that ever-increasing number, eventually he was going to lose the will to fight. Like I thought that was the solution to that puzzle. After about 10 kills, the dialog stops changing and I looked it up.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Jerry! :argh:

(Super good! The video that is. Not Jerry. Ugh.)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1209221694147235840

Okay, but what's his SA account name?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oh poo poo, I didn't think there was a legitimate answer to that question, haha.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah, I had to cheat and look up for Undyne and Asgore. Especially Asgore because the dialog kept changing every time he killed you, so I threw myself into his spear many times waiting for him to be guilted out of killing me.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Samovar posted:

Scareodactyl, your part time hath come!

Fixed.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Last night was my first time fighting So Sorry. He seemed a lot more difficult than I expected. But then again I died a few more times to Ms Muffet and other monsters so I'm probably just out of practice.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Thanks to Art Day, it made me finish the game again for the Switch, and then move on to Deltarune. I have that "with you in the dark" jingle stuck in my head, it's in nearly every song. I'm half considering going back to the first post of this thread and seeing what people discovered when it was new.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Is Deltaruin on the PS4, PS5, or coming to the Xbox systems? I know it's on the Switch.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

LordMune posted:

Fervently praying this ends with a Chapter 2 release date announcement

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1435749301037121536?s=19

Quoting because I had to look up the time again, 7pm on YouTube.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

It's 7 Toby, where's my link?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Oxyclean posted:

You're 24 hours early.

Damnit, and I was 24 hours early on Apple's dumb event too.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Flesnolk posted:

Any chapter 2 news

Oxyclean posted:

You're 24 hours early.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

So I never looked at Steam, but Deltaruin was never put on there? I know the first chapter was free, but I assumed it would have made its way by now.

I went looking because there's been no word on price yet that I could find...

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What is pie theory? I didn't see anything by duckduckgo'ing.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Alxprit posted:

I also can't play Deltarune right now, this weekend is gonna be stressful for me and I can't make time in my schedule. Gonna have to drop this thread when it releases to TRY and avoid spoilers, but I know it won't be long until that proves fruitless.

Looking at the first posts of this thread (trying to find if there was any evidence of people not being able to DL chapter 1 when it first came out) I saw I was posting in this thread saying I was going on vacation the day after chapter 1 dropped. I probably just marked my bookmark with a red star to avoid it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Yeah he was along an invisible path, and even then, only one day a year. Toby did as much as possible to make sure no one finds him. I never fought him until like the third time he was available.

And he killed me more than once. :mad:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Brandfarlig posted:

You're impotent now. That's my attack.

Papyrus’s blue attack may be my favorite moment in gaming. It has perfect comedy timing, took me off guard entirely, did the same when my wife played it after me, and has some of the best music in the game right after he turns you blue. I went right from “look at this dork” to “oh poo poo, I’m in danger”.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I would rank that higher, but that fight lost points for me because I thought you win that fight by dying a lot. Each time you die you can tell him, and he fights less, so I died a bunch of times in a row, thinking he would stop eventually.

Undyne was the other one I had to look up how to win as a pacifist.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

which could just be because obviously they want to hang with the Soos.

I mean, who wouldn't?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Fangz posted:

I kinda assume that Chara -> Frisk took hundreds of years.

Maybe more like 20-30 years. Chara was recorded on a camcorder to a vhs tape.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Neuronyx posted:

When is Nubert getting an emote

:myman:

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Brandfarlig posted:

Because the only thing more embarrassing than Funkopop horseshit is expensive clothing brands. At least the videogame kitsch is fairly cheap.

No, there’s worse.
https://www.engadget.com/tesla-made-a-cyberwhistle-and-its-already-sold-out-101040559.html
Also *gestures at NFTs*

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

How long until someone gets that tattoo as a real tattoo?

How long until someone gets that tattoo as a real tattoo, but backwards as it appears in your picture?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Maybe the floor dropped out from under them too. Just like the supply room becoming too large, and Kris and Susie dropping when they were like 20 feet into it.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Flopsy posted:

This got me curious about what he actually did.....so gently caress you for getting me started down that horrible horrible rabbit hole.

I think that’s just the backer thanks.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Okay, I don’t know how to link a Tiktok so it embed, so have it in URL form.

“Making of Megalovania”
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdtRoSUj/?k=1

IUG fucked around with this message at 23:10 on May 19, 2022

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wait he did the Stinkoman game too?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

We only got like 24 hour notice for both chapters too. First chapter was some Gaster-like tweets, second chapter has a sitcom-like play through of the first chapter with the announcement at the end.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Wearing my Undertale shirt today, and it reminded me that Papyrus’ blue attack is one of the best moments in gaming. All the buildup on the blue attack and how his boss music changed after that, just perfect.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I know I’m two of those views.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Great now they’re going to be NFTs.
Or already are, or were.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The weird route was discovered in like 8 hours. I only remember that because I stopped reading this thread while I was playing chapter 2, and came right back to this thread talking about it in about a page of backlog.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

The website haunted my phone. Somehow one of the songs got stuck playing. Even after quitting all the apps on my phone. I could play another song, and even play music from the Music app, but the Deltaruin music kept playing until I reset my iPhone.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Donation drive just ended. All the pictures are 404s for me. I’m not sure if that’s the game, or if FanGamer is getting overwhelmed.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1571576677989515264

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I hope the next chapters do not release tonight, because Return to Monkey Island comes out tomorrow, and I won’t win the fight with my wife over the gaming PC on that one.