Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

LordMune posted:

Fervently praying this ends with a Chapter 2 release date announcement

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1435749301037121536?s=19

I don't know what to expect but whatever it is will be as Toby Fox as possible :shittydog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Toby correctly understands that :shittydog: 's appearance commands far more respect and gravitas than some regular rear end nerdy dude.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Why isn't Toby Fox :shittydog: Pro Skater a thing?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

"So embarrassing when your mom loves you.

I hate when that happens."

Wise words :shittydog:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kabedon :shittypop:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh my god I need that Ralsei plushie now.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Super Mart RPG

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Well that was something :stare:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:stonk:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

That Cheers spoof was the greatest thing ever

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

How can anyone hate the best character in the game Nubert?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Susie really is the best character.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Everdraed!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Oh snap is it happening?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

FRIDAY

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

YggiDee posted:

Deltarune took almost four months to get a console release so I suggest grabbing the PC version right away instead of waiting.

He's also not making the game by himself anymore and is having a team do it, though that seems more to do with his wrist be hella messed up.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Can't wait for more of my main man Nubert, he was always the best part of this game.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I like the idea that perhaps we, the player, are unknowingly hijacking Kris's consciousness and much of the weird, forced railroading and especially the ending with him throwing the heart in the cage is Kris instinctively trying to resist our influence. If we follow from the ideas in Undertale as to who Chara/the fallen human/we actually are in the Genocide route it makes sense to me.

It could be that the mere act of playing the game to its conclusion, whatever that is, ends up casting the player as the prime antagonizing force in this world, kind of like an even more hopeless version of Genocide route.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Everything about this chapter owns.

Toby and co please get Chapters 3-5 done as soon as you can.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Spoilers for recent discoveries:

Just did this uh, new route.

Toby Fox is one stone cold lovely dog :stonk:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The reason why Toby said there's only going to be one ending is if you follow the Evil route Chapter 3 begins with an unavoidable gameover when Kris decides that after sleeping on it the whole thing with Noelle was way messed up and decides to toss away the Soul permanently. And the only way to continue is to restart and not be a bad friend.

Deltarune technically only having "one ending" at the actual last chapter while having a bunch of bad/weird/evil endings at various chapter breaks depending on your actions sounds frighteningly on-brand for Toby.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

dolphinbomb posted:

When Ralsei explains the Roaring right after the final fight and Queen just goes "oh drat I did not know that" was probably the hardest I've laughed in quite some time. God I love that character.

I was laughing for about a minute straight when everyone is captured and Berdly is like "You told me you were a GAMER." and Queen is like "I only play mobile games" followed by Berdly's big NOOOOOOOOO

I don't know how you'd strictly define "good comedic delivery" in a text-based RPG but this was that.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

So uh, guys? Wanna try something fun?

Side B: If you have a save file from before Noelle's event in the hospital in light world after finishing Side B/Snowgrave, go do the event, and then when you walk out and Susie talks with Noelle's dad and Noelle starts thinking to herself:

Press right.

:stonk:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Kite Pride Worldwide posted:

I foolishly saved afterwards, details?!? :negative:

Pressing right interrupts her dialogue and you hear a footstep. Noelle is startled and it skips to when she notices Kris is there. You can press right again and you hear another footstep and then Noelle yells for Kris not to get any closer. Press right a third and fourth time for more footsteps and then Susie interrupts as in the normal cutscene and it goes from there.

It's kinda slightly extremely messed up. :shittypop:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:emptyquote:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Amppelix posted:

from a casual perusal of people playing this game (and undertale too) on stream and whatnot, i have observed that the overwhelming majority of players do not use the check command on every enemy, or heck, any enemy

these people do not deserve rights

I apologize, when it gets time for fightin and sparin I immediately shift gears to “efficient JRPG player” mode so using Check tended to fall by the wayside, especially at the beginning when Kris is the only party member that can ACT.

Please have mercy :shittypop:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Regallion posted:

On a different note:
You know how after you first exit the school, you can't go anywhere but the library, because of a traffic jam? Where the everloving heck did that come from? You can walk around the entire town, and the only exit out of it is blocked with police tape. There is no parking outside of 2 small lots, one in front of the town hall and one behind the PEZZA place, both of which are largely empty. Even more concerning, when you examine the gray cars, only one of them is said to contain a person.
And even if we pretend that everyone has a secret underground parking garage...where would the cars even be going? south and east are both dead ends (church/bunker and school respectively), north is largely a dead end and west is where the cars are coming from (how).

What's up with that?

An annoying dog did it :shittydog:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Felt the thread would appreciate this.

How did you get into my home????