Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Tunicate posted:

wait, use of tobacco?

Doggo smokes those bone treats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
so are some people still at level one in their save files? My save file is at level two even though I pacified the first chapter :ohdear:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
there is a bit of incidental dialogue from the *Post-Game Spoilers* I'm curious about. At the Police Station, we finally get to see all the good doggos (well I guess they are a little bad now :v:) and it mentions they got scared off by a mysterious shadow and ran to jail for protection. Could that have been Kris lurking around, or just another character? Hopefully we get to interact with them in the next chapter at least.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

so there's some chatter going on reddit right now about how there is a ludicrously complicated Genocide route for Chapter 2 that involves having Noelle personally kill every encounter you see with her ice magic until she eventually starts brute-forcing (read: freezing) the puzzles and then killing Berdley by accident, which alters the rest of the dark world route going forward. it sounds like nonsense but there's already photo and video evidence on google docs, so unless scarodactyl had this one in his back pocket for the last month and change, it appears to be from the game's files

the description of this route also seems to indicate it's where you get the Twisted Ring for the forge

even if it's fake, the stream video is impressively well-done for a mockup

I can believe this is legit as I found a link from reddit to a video (sound quality is horrible but the video seems legit) showing Berdy getting killed https://streamable.com/lggs04

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Electric Phantasm posted:

How much damage can Kris even do alone? Cause that sounds tedious.

You get access to an X-Slash TP skill at 25% which does about 400-500 damage (your single strike does around 200); and I believe a full heal at 50%; however, each bullet does 50 damage in the stream I saw (Kris had 160 HP so three hits then death). They provide a vending machine selling the bagels at the save point near the boss at least

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
huh there is a variant of the last dialogue you can have on the genocide route with Noelle. If you have one of her items equipped, she gets scared at the end of her conversation saying why "you are wearing my watch"; however, it you don't have anything of hers equipped, she mentions "Why do they have such a terrifying voice". Since the conversation is only in text with no images, it implies that the two choices you can make within the conversation (they have the same dialogue with both options though) is something she heard from the player themselves, not Kris. God I love Toby Fox for this creepy-pasta masterpiece :allears:

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
can anyone provide a link to a lets play that actually shows what happens in the last battle against the queen where they didn't go pacifist? I've been trying to see Berdly messing up his wing and it affecting him in the light world at the end; but now all the genocide run videos make it impossible to find any non-pacifist ones lol

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
rofl Toby Fox included a little jingle to indicate you've failed if you choose the wrong option to enter the alternate route at the Berdly fight

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I kinda hope we get the twist that Papyrus was the Knight all along but everything he did was in a non-malicious way that was misinterpreted extremely hard by everyone else

then again an actual evil Knight Papyrus would be amazing

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Regallion posted:

Something i am wondering about.

The ending of ch2 implies that ANY lightner can make a dark fountain, including loving berdley of all people.
However, in ch1, ralsei unambiguously says that Susie cannot seal the portal and i am inclined to believe that is, in fact, true.

How do you reconcile that?

What Ralsei was saying was that Susie can’t seal the fountain or leave the dark realm alone; you need a human and a monster to do so. Even in the snow grave route, the fountain is sealed only when Noelle comes in for the save. So while any lightner can create a fountain it requires that specific duo to seal it.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

oddium posted:

side b is an extremely dull name

Yeah I keep on thinking about Celeste instead of deltarune everytime I hear it lol

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Lunatic Sledge posted:

that and chapter 2 hittin me with that Punch Out, a game I've been low key fascinated by for years because it's like a whole untapped genre

what would the world be like if Punch Out had seen more knock offs (or been less racist)? I do not know, but Toby Fox has given me a glimpse into what Punch Out-likes could have been

there are two other nice punch-out references in great games you should try: the Messenger (DLC fight) and Enter the Gungeon (secret boss fight)

I haven't tried the messenger yet however I can tell you for certain Deltarune's punch-out doesn't come even close to the quality of the Rat fight which is GOD-TIER. It is an absolute challenge just to get to the Rat, involving fighting two battles beforehand (with a metal gear reference as the second one :black101:) but once you reach the final stage for the punch-out bout it is amazing. You even get rewarded keys for chests if you can time your special punches correctly like in the original Punch-Out. The sprite work is absolutely insane with such detailed models for every playable character. Seriously play Enter the Gungeon if you haven't it rules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCWxB_LSF0Y

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Oxxidation posted:

enter the gungeon sucks. it's trash. i have played it for 120 hours

lmao I checked my hours and I'm at 273. It was my podcast game for a while and I really like punching out rats okay.

*End Game Spoiler Chat*
Here is a clip showing how Berdly ends up in all the different paths. I wasn't expecting the neutral ending to be so painful. His arm doesn't even move when he starts walking away; after it got completely fried it is either paralyzed or broken in the light world. Everyone's been talking about the difference the next chapter will have for the pacifist/snowgrave endings I feel like this one has been glossed over for having some consequences as well.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
lmao the amount of incidental side dialogue you will never see in a run is insane. I really need to spam the cell phone in the light world more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5cFWonv-R0

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Flopsy posted:

The gently caress does OFF have to do with cancer????

I mean the batter can be seen less of a cancer and more as an auto-immune disease as his purification literally kills everything except for the nightmare murder babies. You even kill the “host” of the world at the end of the game.

Play OFF if you haven’t it rules and the soundtrack is underrated

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I never saw this coming, but by god am I glad it's here.

Here's another video in the same vein; I love the voice mixing in this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZrme-D_jW0

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
I was just recently reminded because it’s the game’s 4th anniversary, but Wandersong is a great game with the same vibes of a pacifist run. It has a fantastic soundtrack and I think the story is amazing. Chicory is also a pretty enjoyable game you can take your time with (literally a coloring book).

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
OFF is one of my favorite games for how bleak it is. The OST has since absolute bangers. Fake Orchestra is an underrated gem of a boss theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009
While Everhood is visually inspired by Undertale, the story seems more in line for fans of OFF and LISA (which is getting a definitive version soon btw). I’m excited to watch someone else play the sequel because I learned I am terrible at the original