Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

gently caress you, smug bird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

RE: Legend

Did a second playthrough, I feel there is something genuinely wrong with the legend as told by Ralsei.

http://youtu.be/OoQ8uSf-O5c?t=150

If you go to the 2:30 mark, you'll notice that the music cuts off just after it finishes the line "But recently, another fountain has appeared on the horizon". There's an implication that the song was meant to finish on a different line, and the rest is added on by Ralsei for some reason.

The rest of the legend has some suspect stuff too, like how "The Prince from the Dark" is very mary sue-like, and that the three of them are meant to "seal fountains and banish angel's heaven". The mcguffin of the legend never transpires - kris and susie goes to the extra fountain to go home, and ralsei never joins you for that last bit. It's almost like he made up a bunch of stuff just to get in an adventure with someone, even going so far as to create a training dummy based on himself.

lancer also seems to have no idea why his dad is telling him to stop the people from doing something to the dark fountain, the latter who alludes to some destruction of the darkners. i'm suspecting chapter 2 onwards may show you the implications of kris and susie entering the fountain, and none of those are going to be positive

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

does susie have a soul since during her fight with Lancer, you are clearly controlling a soul? I don't think kris or ralsei get hurt if you do

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Black August posted:

When I skim-read once every few months after Act 5.2, Trickster Arc is where I completely gave up and didn't look at it at all until the ending came

Hussie kind of disgusts me for the disrespect he has for his characters and setting after such a strong start, I guess I felt promised something Earthbound 2010, and just got this goddamn never ending blur of crap as he just kept piling on characters and ideas that went nowhere when he should have been grabbing the threads to pull them all taut to end it by Act 5 before the brief end-game 6 and ending 7

He can write really good dialogue and ideas, but he really doesn't respect writing, you know?

:lol:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Your Computer posted:

heck, you should play through twice to see everything imo. (but when it comes to things getting #tooReal Bea is the clear winner)

If there's one criticism I have against the game it's that I think they went a bit too far in making stuff optional. You could go through the entire game and see 10% of the good stuff. A lot of the best characters and dialogue are completely missable, which is crazy when the entire game is characters and dialogue. The game doesn't do a great job at teaching the player that they can examine things multiple times (until the eye icon disappears) or that everything has new dialogue every day (including said examine prompts) so unless you're a pretty thorough player it's easy to miss a lot of the best writing and moments.

i saw a playthrough once where they spoke to selmers daily, got to the library and saw the poem recital and chose not to listen

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

so now i keep seeing undertale fangames in my youtube recommendations. Are any of them good?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Oh Hey! I didn't know Ralsei had a cameo appearance in Detective Pikachu!

Voiced by Alex Jones

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Lol if you data mine in order to deny the genderqueer status of a video game character

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I was vaguely interested in that game Toby fox did a track for but welp

https://twitter.com/TheBaraPrince/status/1086130783163535360?s=19

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

This wasn’t the Beyoncé RPG I asked for

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

RareAcumen posted:

Come check out the RPG thread, people have been making fun of it for a solid 15 pages.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3353352&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=2017#post491728404

i got to the part where the two endings are revealed for this game, lol what a complete shitshow

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Replace my children with the black goat

So we may live so deliciously

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/UrANiceGuy/status/1169557673697611777?s=19

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Jerry.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Jerry.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

does nobody remember Matt Damon was a goon here

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1364214159982747648?s=19

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/tobyfox/status/1383370993356337159?s=19

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

is there a benefit to having a chapter 1 savegame before starting chapter 2 or are people playing just to remember what happened

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

ending spoiler so wait did kris emerge from the bunker at the southernmost end of the map

e: also holy poo poo i didn't even know there was a secret boss like chapter 1, i googled it based on what people are saying on this thread and there are already videos of no-hit battles against it

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Yeah playing it on the Mac I had to use some terminal command and renaming of the app to even start it. I'd likely have to research where the save game locations are because if chapters 3 onwards takes another 3 to 4 years to release that I would prefer not to be forced to replay everything again

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

yeah i kinda want to know what the tank and the final robot would look like if you didn't import chapter 1 saves.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Make blooky a playable character cowards!!!!!!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I saw bits of the stream and he remarked that he enjoyed building the bullet hell sections but it was hurting his wrists, so he may have developed carpal tunnel. Having a dev team would really help make his work a lot less stressful, I can't imagine he did all that stuff alone previously

Also the cutscene that is solely made out of if statements

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

the church and to some extent the graveyard, and the forest behind may be a chapter because of the history of Kris and asriel alongside the whole lore of gerson, the hammer (and the priest being maybe his son Alvin) ?

Would be wild if ice pizza were a chapter though

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

They just got the freeze ring and I think it's real holy crap

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Dear God even the enemy dialogue changes. Noelle also looks more determined in her idle sprite during battles

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Innocent boys are fast asleep :stare:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

There is a theory in that twitch chat that your choices don't matter, but your teammates' do

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

BERDLY IS DEAD

e: lmao sick burn on berdly's gamer hobbies rudy

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

yeah i'm getting the feeling that you will receive different characters in each chapter to "influence" and genocide routes are for you to corrupt them, susie being the exception because her growth came from hanging out and interacting with Lancer rather than sticking with Kris throughout in Chapter 1. If you go down the corruption/snowgrave route I suspect the final chapter will have Susie acting the Undyne genocide true hero route (either as a megalovania-like boss or a main character fighting Kris/the entity).

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zeZ43t01Pz8

does not have the snowgrave route

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

hopefully i'm wrong but i don't know if the online response to the snowgrave route will cause a bunch of backlash against toby fox & co, because it requires you actively emotionally manipulating a vulnerable character resulting in her actually murdering (?) someone disallowing someone to grow nipples. It's reminiscent of the manipulative/stalker character in Boyfriend Dungeon which got a lot of people shrieking on twitter about although it seemed to have died down relatively fast.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

repiv posted:

where do pipis fit in

thinking about thos pipis

What do you think berdly was going to make his nipples from

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Regallion posted:

Fun fact!
When doing the first mouse puzzle, you can choose to just....not do it. Just go past the switch. Noelle will stop you, but as you try to go forward without her again and again, she will become more and more desperate, until she actually outright runs past the puzzle.

This helps her be stronger

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

mummy

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/ocatg_/status/1439698310483357700?s=19

The Saddest Rhino fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 20, 2021

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

Can someone confirm this Snowgrave route but have Kris be downed by Berdly while Noelle remains active

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

grieving for Gandalf posted:

to add on to some of the above speculation, the mayor is likely Noelle's mother, right? someone at city hall said she's your neighbor.

Yeah she is confirmed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

I saw someone suggesting that based on the doors in the queen's mansion that catty, jockington and asriel have come to the dark world before as a team. So I wonder if a later chapter would actually have opposing teams of Kris vs asriel when the latter returns from college