Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009
toby fox rules. I really loved chapter 2 but it felt like the game as a whole was missing a bit of seasoning compared to undertale and playing it the Other Way is exactly the spice I was looking for. can't wait for the rest of the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009

Jen X posted:

comparing chapter 2 of a 7 (possibly more???) chapter game in deltarune to a completed game in undertale feels like an unfair comparison

is it? I know it's not near complete but even the 2013 undertale demo changed a lot depending on how you played. it doesn't have to retread the same themes or anything, but not being able to meaningfully affect anything through your choices in chapter 1 and chapter 2 except through an incredibly specific set of steps just made it feel like something was missing even though the rest of the game is insanely good

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009
I lost my save and started from chapter 2 too, there's incentive to play through from the beginning when more is out but you won't miss anything major just starting from chapter 2

Dave Matthews Big Fan!
Nov 10, 2009
side b stuff: so snowgrave (the spell) is definitely going to play a part in upcoming chapters right? I wanted to see what would happen if you made it to the berdly fight but just used the regular ice spell on him to finish it and it just immediately switches over to the normal route. afterwards though you still have snowgrave learned and can go obliterate some mice and they fade away with a unique death animation instead of just freezing over. seems like an interesting thing to implement for something almost nobody will ever see

also I know it's 100% just so the scope didn't balloon out of control but it's very funny how everything returns completely to normal if you spare berdly, frozen enemies disappear, noelle plays her scared animations in battle again, the golden birdley/queen statue is there if you backtrack a bit. you can even go back to where spamton was and get the toby scene