Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

IMPORTANT TAKES

game good

furry boys good

mean girl good

:shittydog: good

please continue to inject fan theories into my veins i must overconsume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

A big flaming stink posted:

Oxxidation.

I saw it. That 1/1 better just be temporary.

if i can't play the lovely dog's game then at least let me read the idiot possum's stories.

hello yes what please explain i also wish to read another possum story

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Larsei

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

I accidentally listened to Darkness Falls and realized that it's got some minor similarities to the piano notes of Another Him. It's very small and probably means nothing but I was feeling left out of all the bad speculation.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Seconding that RichaadEB is great and the undertale metal cover album is 75% greatness and 25% okness

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

well poo poo this one just gives me the warm goddamn fuzzies

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Average Bear posted:

Can't believe this hasn't been posted before. Apparently there are voice files for all of Jevil's dialogue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q956U4qSW-4

rude

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Scarodactyl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYTRyWOaUX0
I present: The Deltarune Thanksgiving Hack

pie theory best theory

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Tunicate posted:

There's an in depth analysis of the dark world mechanics and Gaster's secret

https://youtu.be/dB8xO5XxA70

god dammit i love scarodactyl so much

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Oxyclean posted:

So yeah, I kinda get the thing where people worry streamers and the such won't give it a second go if they don't do full pacifist on the first go-around.

100%

Undertale was definitely made for the kind of person who plays to 100% completion, on multiple playthroughs if necessary. With how the audience expanded, there's a lot of people who sorta have to be primed with "the game you're expecting only comes if you don't kill anyone, and if you gently caress that up you'll have to completely redo your playthrough".

Naturally streamer nerds turn this into "OH MY GOD IF YOU DON'T GET THE WRONG NUMBER SONG YOU'VE RUINED YOUR ENTIRE RUN I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU CAN CALL YOURSELF A STREAMER YOU'RE A DISGRACE TO YOUR NAME AND THAT OF SANS UNDERTALE"

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

goblin week posted:

I have never watched a stream and loving lol if you did.

the LaurenTheFlute stream was good :colbert:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Finally got time to finish that and by god it just gets better and better and digs deeper and deeper into those feelings

:shittydog: you amazing bastard give us deltarune already

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Probably late but the build streamed was entirely new. Right off the bat in character creation there were new options, the save file UI was different, and a LOT of lines were changed. None of this was ever addressed on stream, everyone just acting like it was always like that or ignoring anything different.

It culminated in a mspaint whack a mole guy named "Nubert" showing up as a random NPC (Get it, new???) and everyone continuing to treat him like he had always been there.

:goonsay:

My man

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Deltarune Ch2: Cool and good. I laughed out loud more at queen than I have in any game ever. I dunno what it is but Toby just nails that particular sense of humour so well. Can't wait for the next chapter batch.

The one downside I'm getting at this point is that, at least on the "normal, I'm bad at subtlety" routes, there's a) not a *ton* of content, and b) not a *ton* of nudging to the deeper parts of the game. I'm hoping that, once you "finish" the boring route (I'm willing to bet the "boring" route ends at ch5, and ch6/7 are the true-good/true-bad route endings), there's a flowey-style nudge of "huh do you remember that weird door in chapter 1? I bet there's something to learn behind that."

Naturally, I finished the game and then read every post in this thread because I knew for sure I was missing some important stuff. Thoughts:

Ha ha holy poo poo snowgrave :catstare: someone mentioned earlier and I have to agree, Toby absolutely knows how to nail that creepypasta feel. He really is a master of taking advantage of the narrative advantages that video games as a storytelling medium gives him.

sans. is the only piece of music that shows up completely unaltered from Undertale. Nobody else from UT even has a leitmotif. It's even literally the same content ID in the spotify album. He's obviously got a clue as to what's going on, but given the UT stuff I'd guess he's here intentionally

Obviously we've only got two chapters up now so it's hard to project themes but I'm guessing that the overall thrust is going to be control vs freedom.

Catti talks about occult stuff with Kris - maybe that's the impetus behind the Dark Fountain stuff? This is 100% spitballing at this point but I mean we have established that Kris has some sort of magic in the real world - maybe they were trying to summon Asriel or a friend or something and that's where Ralsei and the original Dark Fountain are from. I'm also thinking that Ralsei might be bound to Kris' knife? Or at least, something else Kris keeps on their person.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Dunno if it's been mentioned yet, but if you examine the shadowcrystal the description text says that for a second, you can see the computer lab

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Araxxor posted:

Deltarune is shaping up to be significantly longer, which would make replaying it all for a true ending a pain.

I'm actually thinking this is the reason for the "standalone" chapters -- if you miss something in ch.3 and you need it for ch.7 you can just go back to that section.