Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Oxxidation posted:

remember last year when a two-frame gif of a lovely dog playing a piano had people losing their minds

Missed that, where is it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
My game crashed at the exact moment I hit exit after downloading Spamton. With the creepy blank shop music. It had never crashed for me prior to this. I had such a feeling of dread when loading the game up afterwards, I can't even.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Zamujasa posted:

Are you running the latest version? iirc 1.00 had a crash issue with that screen if you pushed a certain button during that sequence.

Ah yeah I figured that out after the fact - problem was I went complete radio blackout after downloading the game. I was just relaying the incident as it gave me the unique bad feeling of "Toby wouldn't do that again would he?"

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Classy Hydra posted:

Yeah I can't get behind this one, I don't see any evidence Kris is possessed by two people and doing weird things with knives is completely within their weird kid aesthetic. People have brought up the shambling walk thing but tbh they seem pretty acrobatic if melodramatic during the bathroom scene. Even go out of their way to wash their hands, not a detail I'd imagine an invader would care about.

Plus it just seems like overkill as a theory. Gaster can be involved in the plot without literally possessing Kris.

Tbh I think they're more of a threat to themself than anyone else. I don't think they'd seriously try to hurt anyone on the short list of people they like, anyway. (which includes Asriel, Susie, Toriel, and probably Noelle)

Well he does respond enthusiastically to the suggestion to "perish"

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Macaluso posted:

That whole bit is one of my favorite things in Undertale, specifically when it comes to streamers playing it. I watched Dodger do that entire puzzle, and she wanted zero hints. So she spent quite a while trying to work out how the song goes on her own and when she finally gets it, the dog takes away the artifact. It's also really funny cause every streamer sees the message about carrying too many dogs and is like "...when did I pick up a dog" and almost all of them drop the dog right away.

Of course the thing you get ends up being a good cheesy way to make money relatively quickly but it never stops being funny watching streamers do that bit and the have the big powerful artifact taken away by a little white doggy

From a few pages back, but anyone have favourites of these?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011

Classy Hydra posted:

...Why wouldn't they enter the computer lab if it's dark? Berdly works there.

They probably wandered in looking for the light switch, basically identically to what happened with Kris and Susie in the closet. Usually people don't assume a dark room has magically transformed into an endless abyss of darkness.

and then got their books out on the desk