Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

something something, your choices dont matter in this world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
imagining an "Undertale+" with "updated" music and graphics, developing cold sweats

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
looking into joining toby fox's personal bodyguard to ensure the complettion of undertale 2 in the mad max water war future

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
it sucks actually

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i remember devolver marketed one of their games with a MAGA joke pretty recently, and they just seem like that kind of studio. doesnt seem like a good fit for undertale but hey im not toby fox

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
http://yiff.cool/post/179840312651

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Oxxidation posted:

toby made a lot of last-minute swerves away from artistic choices that ranged from questionable (giving asriel boyband hair) to disastrous (see above)

Hm that's a funny way of spelling extremely badass

Mizuti posted:

Is there someplace that has scans of these? I like finding weird scrapped content from video games.

https://www.fangamer.com/products/undertale-art-book
Digital download for 12 bucks

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
no, it is the children who are wrong

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
youre right, lets get back to deltarune

anyway, let me tell you about how im not one of those undertale fans who take it too seriously and ruin everything and make toby fox totally regret making the game, how embarrassing

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
https://twitter.com/imsaltYT/status/1061521438207705093?s=19

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
people act like gaster is some super obscure thing you have to datamine to find and no reasonable person can be expected to know about, but you dont have to hack anything on a normal playthrough for a grayscale man to literally tell you "W.D. Gaster fell into the core and was scattered across space and time, it's rude to talk about people who are listening!" and then make a spooky noise and disappear

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i think that was a typo on toby's part that was fixed in the 1.001 version, where those events would check for the value of "Fun" instead of "fun". could have been intentional, but he changed it so they can occur normally, so who knows

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
boss monsters are the perfect medium between moomins and mimiga

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i don't think there's much to gain from reading too much from the "your humble servant" thing. toby used that in the 1.001 patch to replace a message asking people to please not datamine the poo poo out of the game and post things online out of context. we know how that turned out, so i think that message is just a way of saying "well gently caress you too" while staying kind of thematically appropriate.

i'm glad that that all didn't dissuade toby from filling deltarune with a bunch of fun secrets like that though, despite what he said in the creepy "Don't spoil the game" warning that got removed in the same patch

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
its not reeeeeeal

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
oh poo poo epic own xd :smugmrgw:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Fangz posted:

Asgore parks himself by the underground exit. Says "I cannot let you leave to tell the other humans about monsters, so to pass, you must defeat me". The human either is stuck and dies eventually of old age/starvation, or is forced to strike first, allowing Asgore to kill them in self defense.

now to be fair, you need a human and a monster soul to get through the barrier, anyone who just wants to leave would have to kill asgore (or toriel?) first either way

e: which raises the question of why we go all that way to fight asgore just to spare him, but hey, it's a video game

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
the story i heard was that toby tried to recreate that livealive song in the earthbound soundfont for the halloween hack last boss, but couldn't manage to make it sound good, so he just wrote megalovania instead

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
but asriel is already canonically a yoshi main

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
toby fox is going on his own undertale-like journey to amass a ragtag group of celebrity friends to help produce deltarune

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
It's botl but I'm going to interpret it to mean ralsei is the choice for discerning adults and suzie only appeals to unrefined children

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
alphys gets hate because people see too much of themselves in her, hth

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
hating on alphys is a red flag imo

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Me?! How was I supposed to know harvesting the souls of children is wrong?! It's YOUR fault I made them, Asgore! You're the monster! You're the king of all monsters! You believe me, right Frisk?!

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Players: [spends hours killing everyone in the game because they're curious what would happen]

Players: Why would chara do this???

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

cock hero flux posted:

yeah it's not, though

having a murder robot menace this child and then showing up to save them and look cool does not, in any way, impede the child from reaching asgore. if that was the actual goal she could just get the invincible robot to pick up the child and put it in room that locks from the outside, and then not tell asgore it was there. easiest thing in the world. or just tell them up front that they'd have to kill asgore to get out and see if that discourages them, instead of waiting until the last minute after the whole self esteem scheme was blown open to do it. I know that she half-heartedly attempts to justify herself by saying that this was her intention and I'm sure she doesn't want either of them to die but really, either she's dumber than a bag of hammers or that was not her actual primary motivation.

the alphys hate is weird because it's mostly posts like this that intentionally misinterpret things or try to conjure up a dark secret reality behind alphys's actions while ignoring the actual text and themes of the game

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

The Bee posted:

I think the funny monster adventure gets a bit less so if you take things like threatening circumstances and lost HP too seriously.

but have you read my game theory about how frisk was actually terrified and traumatized by the wacky game show

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i'd be alphys friend

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
hey you, the person reading this. YOUR favorite character is stupid!!! onwed nerd!

unless it's alphys, she's cool

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
does anyone remember that callout post on tumblr that came out like the day after undertale came out calling the game racist/problematic and it was like a mix of reading way too much into joke sequences and completely false information. just thought of that for some reason

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

The Bee posted:

No, but kick it here and pass me the popcorn.

quote:

Undertale is literally so lovely but you all just brush it away saying “everybody just dislikes anything popular” like loving no. People dislike poo poo that steals from other games, is racist, pedophilic, and lesbophobic. The game literally takes maps and monsters from off and redesigns them and makes them look absolutely terrible. Not to mention the battle system that is stolen from earthbound but made incredibly boring so the creators coudlnt be yelled at for stealing. The game is racist as hell with lovely skeleton jokes and having a native totem that speaks broken english. Its also pedophilic due to the main being a young girl that can be in love with much much older characters. Also the lesbian couple that everybody loves is literally so lovely but you all will take any kind of representation even if its terrible. The girls in the couple are mysogynistic stereotypes with how they “talk dumb” (ie. saying like a lot) and making them a couple as a joke is not loving representation. And the humor is just lovely skeleton jokes and annoying dialouge. You all hate skeleton war jokes and yet love a game that makes so many its almost suffocating. In short the game is basically everything that tumblr loves. Racism, lesbophobia, pedophilia, and loving annoying humor

There are also item descriptions with random japanese words slipped in and a cactus being referred to with “tsundere” and poo poo, which is very weeaboo. There is a gay sassy robot character which is a homophobic stereotype saying that all gay guys are sassy. The robot is also a drag queen, which is very transmisogynistic. The genocide ending is disgusting, as you make the young girl character into a serial killer. A chracter in the game is based on a homestuck character, and that character is a black stereotype

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
there's more i left out that went on to talk about toby fox being 'friends' with x problematic person i'm pretty sure it's sincere

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

MagusDraco posted:

Every once in awhile the kill six billion demons dude, Abaddon, shows up.

Jeff, Brad, and I think Dan from giant bomb posted here once or twice ages ago before wisely running away.

Dan is notable for getting the username Mario Speedwagon

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Do we even know if asgore did anything bad in deltarune continuity

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Just wanted to say i appreciate that that this thread title has said "*sequel*" instead of "sequel*" for 2 and a half years making it seem like emphasis that makes no sense

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I could have sworn he said at one point that the rest of the game would be releasing all at once, but I guess it doesn't look like that's the case

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
Side B route: Berdley's eternal ice prison of death being shaped like a smash bros melee Shine is incredibly loving funny

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
I love Undertale and Deltarune, the games about how anything is possible through determination. It goes to show how some people are just genetically gifted artists and those who aren't can never make anything truly good no matter how hard they try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
"The Baby Is You" was actually Mozart's first composition as a child