Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I am a little bit worried that Devolver wants to get in on this, I heard they treat their developers like poo poo and are trying really aggressively to be the biggest indie darling company out there. Still, it's better than the alternative of Toby burning out on the project for the next 7 years or hiring 20 idea guys off Twitter to ultimately decide that the entire thing is now tainted and he needs to shut it down.

quote:

That Phrase keeps happening! What am I not supposed to forget?
The Legend leitmotif is also playing before The Door. In case you needed more fuel for the idea that the entire scenario is just Shadow Asriel's naive fantasy he roped people in to play-act

quote:

The only Undertale fan work that should be bothered with his One by One anyway
I thought the Undertale Yellow demo was really good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Yup, Ralsei seems extremely possessive in a way that might bite the whole town in the rear end
Kind of like that Twilight Zone kid just warping reality to fit his simplified view of the world

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

It did piss me off how most remixes of ASGORE had one note wrong because that was the most widely shared mid

true pacifist is transcribing it yourself even if it seems like a wasted effort

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The rules card is really the most powerful card in any game. It defines the others, while staying on the sidelines.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Danaru posted:

Its permanent in theory, but Cinemasins' "everything wrong with Friday the 13th Part 2" keeps showing up for me despite the concept of the video itself viscerally offending me.

Some recommendations are history-based, some are location-based. Can't do anything about the latter, if the Algorithm decides "every [country resident] needs to watch THIS now", it'll keep adding it to the list based on your IP. Check out if you still get that video in incognito mode.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Oxxidation posted:

my favorite is that the Knight is the character we discarded before the game began

That would make the game even more like Moon. UT was already compared to it, especially the Japanese release

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

And yeah I can definitely see the player eavesdropping on offscreen conversations in later chapters, with Kris getting an emotive character portrait

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

The Saddest Rhino posted:

so now i keep seeing undertale fangames in my youtube recommendations. Are any of them good?

I've mentioned Undertale Yellow before and the demo they've got released for it (roughly the length of UT's demo) has got me hopeful because they get the material. The writing's good, the music is almost up to par and it does the same setting-up-punchlines-via-gameplay extremely well. The fact that this is a prequel is driven home by a repeat of the Flowey tutorial, but with him being genuinely helpful

More Earthbound is always good.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Honestly I'm convinced that it was never meant to be a metagram (that's when you change a single letter!) of Frisk, just a relatively common androgynous name without going with Alex like everybody else

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

McFrugal posted:

Any remix of THE WORLD REVOLVING which lowers the bpm is automatically trash.

https://instaud.io/private/3656895eca6d60d210b48a9bcc8dd1fbfb826b3c :smuggo:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

W.T. Fits posted:

Anyone who could make it through the Omega Flowey fight and then tell Undyne that anime isn't real with a straight face has no soul.

I did that because friends are honest :hai: Most of the time the second dialogue option is the rear end in a top hat/dicking around/P4 protag/BotW Link option.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

All series you previously thought to be animated are in fact live-action. The Japanese government is pumping you full of drugs to disguise the shameful fact that Korean outsourcing houses unionized decades ago. Anime isn't real. It doesn't exist!

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Nine mothers won't birth a kid in a month.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Adding a fighter/assist trophy from a new franchise is always just an excuse to put like an hour of music in smash so I wouldn't worry about the boss themes

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Finally got the first batch of the merch after a month in customs. That spacecoyote poster is loving amazing, gonna need to find an appropriate frame

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

He was also involved in Homestuck so y'know :smuggo:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Scarodactyl posted:

Toby is a cool customer with a strong idea of what he is doing. I don't think there was ever a serious reason to think he'd have particular trouble with this.

Where's the Brawlsei plush Scarodactyl

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, with the amount of speculation floating around and people finding additional foreshadowing in the Japanese translation, I feel like the community already has some endgame poo poo spoiled

An episodic release would be like Westworld season one, the biggest reveals ruined for people who couldn't stay offline for months. Getting the whole thing all at once means you can take your time to parse it on its own

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Larryb posted:

What additional foreshadowing was added to the Japanese version?

Grammar differences make it more obvious that Gas- the first narrator is being interrupted by a different person. ANOTHER HIM, indeed

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I just like having my mind blown with proper pacing

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Why are the As different? No, wait, it's the whole font and it's not the one in official logos. Is it a caps thing? Some pixelfonts have a different set of caps for lowercase letters, could be the DTP person just pasted UNDERTALEDeltarune real quick

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 26, 2019

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Said it before, but I died to Asgore on purpose 20 times (to the point where the CHECK dialogue stops changing and just increments a number) before getting the courage to even touch the FIGHT button and I wouldn't have it any other way. Maybe it's inefficient to play like this, but aren't streamers paid more if they stretch the content anyway?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

:3:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

A.o.D. posted:

Except that Papyrus literally cannot kill you. He decides on his own that he'd rather be friends with you rather than capture you and achieve glory. You can run into every single bone he throws at you and make absolutely no effort to befriend him and he'll still let you go.

If you don't know that he makes you waste items, which is far worse than dying

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

One thing that irks me with the True Pacifist ending is that the Asgore fight fakeout doesn't feel like a direct consequence of the player's actions. Toriel does say that she only had time to arrive because Frisk was constantly taking detours befriending everyone, going on dates and solving the True Lab, but mechanically it feels like a guard disappearing in an adventure game because you found the cat's mustache or whatever three screens east, just a videogame trigger.

Everything that happens afterwards is still A+ (let's just say... a tiny flower helped me.) but I just can't shake the feeling about that specific moment

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Man the artwork in this game never fails to impress me.
You better run.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

oh my god that sleeve
https://www.fangamer.com/collections/deltarune/products/deltarune-vinyl-soundtrack

they started sending out the ralsei body pillows as well

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

make it a dating profile attribute

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

I'd assume people wouldn't shut up about Undertale in the chat, the fanbases overlap

I'd also assume he was lying about not having played it before, I get it, blind playthroughs get more views

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Here's to another ten :shepicide:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

* thanx Krisp!
* luv long and prosper

:kimchi:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Everdraed posted:

excepting maybe some fan albums Toby okay'd I think?

Two of them were reissued by Fangamer later anyway with way better covers :argh:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

still full of hopes & dreams about the mod team performing a successful coup

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Patware posted:

the lion's share of it was definitely people getting furious whenever anyone didn't play pure pacifist immediately

hell, same. but harassing people about it seems kinda ironic

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

thexerox123 posted:

I'd say this was more an example of the fanbase being embarrassing than bad, per se, but there was also that time that some guy gave the Pope a Steam key for Undertale.

Good. I hope he learned something important

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Zereth posted:

I had literally never even used the attack command my entire playthrough because I'd played the demo and accidentally killed Toriel and all that. I think it had to get up to "more times than you can count" before I tried actually fighting Asgore.
I expected that to be the norm, with attackers being the minority of players. I guess it's harder to fight old habits

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Amazing that actually playing videogames is a boomer's pastime now :negative:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Trailer's showing the player attacking random monsters :shittypop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Is the Snowgrave damage always 1779 or is it random? I thought this was another 1997 reference but it might just be pattern recognition in overdrive