Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.

Pollyanna posted:

I got to thinking about the egg, and the weird cross-save behavior it has when you place it in Asgore’s fridge. If you place the egg in a prior game, the fridge goes from no eggs to two eggs. In a new game afterwards, the fridge has one egg in it.

:iiam: Might hint at some possible meta poo poo going on?

I don't think this is the case.

If you check the fridge without an Egg, it says (basically) "There's a pickle jar, and, for some reason, also an egg."

If you check the fridge with the Egg, and choose to put it in there, it says "There's two eggs."

I don't understand the confusion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Fangz posted:

Can you do me a tl;dw?

tl;dw: Suzie is poor and hungry all the time--she's got a bad home life. Kris is adversely affected by the divorce of Toriel & Asgard, and deeply wounded by Asriel's leaving. The door into the room that he and Suzie go into to retrieve chalk is a room that has lots of trauma associated with it. Ralsei is Kris's imagined ideal verson of Asriel, and the chapter structure of the full game will likely go one day at a time until Asriel's return on Day 7. Jevil is Kris's childish spirit embodied, and thus is locked away because of Kris's childhood trauma. Video ends by speculating that the "Angel's Heaven" that Ralsei says must be destroyed is somehow linked to Asriel's final form in Undertale, the "only other appearance of an angel."

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Sorry, guys, it's going to be Mettaton.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Getting some serious "Doug the Moleman" musical vibes (from "Sam and Max: Hit the Road!") from the music in Kris's house. Which is to say I love it. :)

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

IUG posted:

Quoting because I had to look up the time again, 7pm on YouTube.

Which time zone gets 7pm?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Zamujasa posted:

oh hello there

we should all be glad toby has not decided to go full on psychological horror

That smile's kinda similar to the one in the tv at the end...?
Edit: The eyes are Spamton's pink and yellow, though.

XkyRauh fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Sep 25, 2021

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

This thread moves so fast! I thought I remembered a YouTube video being shared of some pretty decent Spamton voice acting, including the scene where he punches the dumpster. But trying to search for that post through the sea of spoilers (or even 'Spamton voice acting' on YouTube) is not giving me the results I want. Hoping someone remembers/has it in their history to share again. Thank you :)

Edit: Found it! It was a tweet, not a youtube link: https://twitter.com/AlexRochonVA/status/1439357569437421575

Edit2: Thank you, dmboogie!

XkyRauh fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Sep 26, 2021

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I've sat on it long enough and I need to just type it out so that someone can tell me I'm a moron and seeing things:

Queen's look, particularly when she leans on Kris's head as if they're a piece of furniture, really reminds me of the "Infinite Fun: Sega Enterprises" hidden image from Sonic CD.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Jevil uses repeat words in his dialogue, like 'chaos chaos' or 'mischief-mischief' and such. When Spamton first appears, he asks about sales going down the [drain], [drain]. That's really the only time he does a repeat word like that, isn't it? Could there be any significance there?

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Speaking as someone who avoided Homestuck when it was at its height, because it looked dumb, I think of Undertale and Deltarune when I think of Toby Fox. I'm honestly not saying this to disparage anybody, just presenting a perspective that does exist out there. Not everybody who enjoys the latter came from the former. He's his own thing.

And, as someone who got into Homestuck practically as it began its descent into suck, I am also of the opinion that Undertale and Deltarune = Toby Fox, and Homestuck involvement is more of a trivia bit than anything. :)

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Fuckin lol that it's canon that Keen killed mind controlled innocents including civvies and children in their homes by the dozen

And still got the Vorticons' highest honor, "The Big V." Shameful. :ohdear:

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Absolutely needs the male Time Mage from FFT on the PSX, as well. "Pancake Man! Use your special power!" *flat*

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I like the inclusion of the Heart and Heart-breaking sounds near the end. That's nuts!

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

ikanreed posted:

The only game I think comes close on the all-banger front was Chrono Trigger, and making that required one of the top 10 game musicians of the time working himself so hard he was bed ridden and one of the other legends of the time taking over.

Not to derail too far, but I agree with you wholeheartedly and I feel bad saying that the Epoch theme is (imo) the weakest tune in the whole soundtrack.

My only problem with the Undertale soundtrack is that I had to go in and manually combine Your Best Nightmare and Finale so that I could get appropriate resolution when shuffling!

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I thought that was Undyne.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Something both Deltarune and Night in the Woods does is have NPC dialogue change the more you talk to them. It makes the world feel really lived in and makes me feel more connected to it as a person who feels compelled to talk to every character I see at every possiblity in every game I play.

Night in the Woods was a fantastic game! I thought there was another game in the works by the same team, but I haven't heard anything about it in a long time.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

I believe in skies forever blue... (why shouldn't I believe the same in you?)

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

The best thing was naming your characters in Secret of Mana pronouns, like "We," "They," and "I," so you'd get status messages like "We's confused!" and "They's engulfed!"

...I'm sad my question didn't get answered by Papyrus, but I enjoyed the update email. :)

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

That was fun animation!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Arbitrary Number posted:

Nowadays it's called trine

The third one is in 3d and I didn't like it as much.