Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Tressa is by far my favorite character, but I personally feel that Therion makes more narrative sense as a starting character.

Mega64 posted:

Meanwhile I couldn't be assed enough to spell my favorite character's name correctly in the poll. :v:

Yeah, that's the princess from Trails of Cold Steel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Yeah, the music in this game is incredibly good.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

How in the hell does H'aanit have more votes than Olberic??

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

H'aanit owns. Hunter is a great base class, Capture is very strong early game and is only required Ike twice in her entire story, and her story is good.

Fight me!

I disagree with basically everything in this post, but arguing would require me to talk about stuff from much later in the game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Charlett posted:

First impressions are that I'm loving that all of the classes are basically ye olde FF jobs, including Scholar being able to scan enemy weaknesses As Well As cast the right magic on them.

I once said that if Alchemist doesn't have Mix I'd be sorely disappointed; glad to see Concoct is straight up right there.

To be fair, both of those are the characters' innate Talents, which are separate from the Class skills.

This isn't an important distinction right now, but will be much later.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I love that you did that in character as Cyrus! However, you mixed up the end of battle bonuses. Unscathed gets you more cash and finishing fast gets you more JP.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Anyone who hasn't played the game, definitely watch the boss video. The game seamlessly blends For Truth into Decisive Battle 1 and does it for every character at every boss fight.

Also, it's time to go bargain hunting.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ZeButler posted:

What makes this even more impressive is that every character has their own theme, and they all seamlessly blend into the boss theme.

Right, I did forget to mention that.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I love the new thread title. Is that going to change each chapter?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Rabbi Raccoon posted:

So I just got this and I have a question. No spoilers, just a yes or no. Does gaining money ever pick up?

Yes, I had no money problems.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Schwartzcough posted:

So what I'm getting from all these posts is that Kit was just "baby's first sidequest" to teach players how they work, and we will never see him again.

Exactly, that's why two of the emptyquotes are from people with Octopath avatars.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

TRESSA TIME!! :neckbeard:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I found Rest to be super helpful in early bossfights, because it gives Tressa some healing and lets her sandbag and build up boost points.

It's usefulness drops off a lot once you get other party members who can heal, but early on, it's awesome.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

ZeButler posted:

Then it becomes absolutely amazing again in the end game, along with Sidestep going from amazing to extremely amazing.

True enough, I hadn’t considered that! Tressa really is the best.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I love love love this line.

And yeah, using Collect in boss fights is insanely lucrative. You get double the post-battle payout!!

I'm voting for Olberic to continue the clockwise path. CTOPATHO here we come!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

AweStriker posted:

Anyway, I vote for the greatest mood whiplash.

...so, Tressa -> Primrose -> Alfyn then?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Explosions posted:

How frequently can Olberic challenge random NPCs to fist fights?

Fistfights? No sir, Olberic Challenges them to DUELS. He demands both sides be armed.

And he is an equal opportunist; he will happily Challenge anyone who can give him a good battle.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh boo, we missed clockwise by a slim margin.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

KirbyKhan posted:

The only thing Ive seen of this game is a dude using Primrose to boost a Gamble Dance for ~Fabulous Prizes~.

I know nothing of her story. God drat, this was just like voting in the midterms.

It's fine, there's only one wrong answer in any "who should we do next" poll and that's H'aanit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

What if she's the only choice left?

The choice is still wrong, but it's acceptable.

Like, if the choice is "H'aanit's chapter X or anyone's chapter X+1," then it's fine.

Otherwise....

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

The Happy Hyperbole posted:

H'aanit rules, her story is good, and she's a strong character. Fight me.

I did not know it was possible to be this wrong.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Point Le Mann my way, I work for REI!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

IIRC, the 3rd and 4th ones are definitely the biggest difficulty spikes.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

FeyerbrandX posted:

Yeah but if we go Haa'nit we can too :suicide:

UGH DON'T REMIND ME.

Olberic is the only correct choice, followed by Alfyn, Therion, Ophelia and then H'aanit.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Anyone who has not clicked on Primrose’s theme needs to. It’s really good.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I’m excited

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Shitenshi posted:

I am definately furious about how often people misspell definitely.

I am defiantly furious that you get mad over definitely.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mega64 posted:

I decided to pick Cross Strike, and with that, next time we'll make our way to rescue Philip, and also listen to the best song in the game...

I'm pretty sure none of the best songs I'm thinking of plays in this section, so I'm going to call BS on this one.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Cyrus has two max boost lines and they're both amazing.

Olberic's is definitely the best in the game, but Therion and Alfyn also have very good ones.

As much as I love Tressa, I wish she had a better max boost quote.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Speaking of the voice clips you ripped, the Olberic pack doesn’t include his max boost line.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

Also, I object.

Decisive Battle II is tied with one of the tracks you start hearing regularly shortly after you’re done rounding up all eight travelers for “best track in the game”. :colbert:

Also, the music in Therion’s town.

And one other one from much later in the game.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I'm legit surprised at the support for Ophilia, but sure, what the hell. She's fine.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

FeyerbrandX posted:

I can think of 2 reasons: shes sort of on the way (Though I guess Alfyn is just as far away too?), and probably the fact that we really need a healer beyond rest or consumables.

Ophilia is three towns away, Alfyn is two.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

FeyerbrandX posted:

I meant if you quick traveled to the nearest visited town, not from Cobbleston exactly.

Ah, fair enough.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Ophelia has one of the weaker Chapter 2s, but her Chapters 3 and 4 are fantastic.

Junpei posted:

Ophelia is voiced by Cristina Vee, who is pretty darn famous in the VA community-Shantae from the modern games, Noel Vermillion from Blazblue, Marinette from Miraculous, and she's the voice director for Skullgirls.
She also got her start doing YouTube videos and successfully transitioned into VA work.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Then I will try and help us get to another page!

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Mega64 posted:

...H'aanit! Next time, we preparen our journey to the Woodlands to recruiten thy next character.

Ugggggghhhhhhhhh

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Glazius posted:

I won't begrudge you a Cait now and again, just to boost into later areas and such. I suppose it's pretty unbalanced unless the people yet to join are getting XP too.

Only your active party gains XP and JP, so Tressa would be missing out on that Cait too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Leghold Trap is invaluable in certain boss encounters.