Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

haveblue posted:

More accurately, too bad the story continues on for several hours after the big reveal.

Yeah, this is my only real issue with the game. I remember the last couple of hours being a huge slog. But even so everything else rates so highly that it's still one of my most favourite games ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

That actually seems wrong. I don't see how orphaned code affects patch size..

I mean i'm pretty sure they're just putting the entire game in patches, so :v:

Help Im Alive posted:

My favourite Katamari song is Lonely Rolling Star and my favourite Katamari cousin is Miso thank you for reading

My favorite cousin is Kinoko, who is just a mushroom.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I spent 2 hours on my first run of Bangkok exploring every inch of the huge hotel. This might be my favorite level so far, though I can see why doing it Suit Only would be a nightmare

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Grapplejack posted:

I mean i'm pretty sure they're just putting the entire game in patches, so :v:

Nah. And code is tiny anyhow.

Big patches are big because of art assets pretty much exclusively, and I doubt there's many skyrim assets in there that aren't being used.

That said, you're probably right that they have us re-download art assets rather than diff them since that's a ton of data and it didn't seem like they added THAT much, but its hard to speculate.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

It's 100% the worst SOSA map, yeah, mainly because you have to go between the towers to get at them. most of the levels in hitman 2 are going to be nightmares to do pro SOSA runs, mostly because of how loving big they are and how far you have to go between kills. More time for you to gently caress up.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Fortunately, although I've done a couple of them, I don't find those as fun as going around disguising myself so if it seems too tedious I'm just not gonna do it. I'm glad that getting all the unlocks doesn't require 100% completion.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bioshock annoyed me because the story is go to A...oops A is broken go to B...oops B is not gonna work, try C...oh ho, the train to C needs power from D so head through E to get there.

And i'm like let me achieve a thing for fucks sake.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Isle of Sgail SA/SO on Master gave me a lot of trouble and I ended up just looking up a route on Youtube but the others aren't too bad (Santa Fortuna was rough too I guess)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Wotcha chat thread

Sup

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Last chance to suggest a thread title for next month. I think i know what it's gonna be but I'm also not too attached to ot

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

axelblaze posted:

Last chance to suggest a thread title for next month. I think i know what it's gonna be but I'm also not too attached to ot

There was an extremely epic one yesterday but i cant remember it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Regy Rusty posted:

Fortunately, although I've done a couple of them, I don't find those as fun as going around disguising myself so if it seems too tedious I'm just not gonna do it. I'm glad that getting all the unlocks doesn't require 100% completion.

There are cosmetic unlocks for getting SOSA on every mission but yeah you can get the normal level Mastery rewards maxed out without touching half the content in them

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

December.. ahhh.. Its Games.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

can't wait to do the home alone mission again, in hitman 2

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

axelblaze posted:

December Games Chat Thread 2017

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

axelblaze posted:

Official Blue Stinger Memorial December Games Chat Thread

With just this as the opening post:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlhPnFjCfwc

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

Zaphod42 posted:

That actually seems wrong. I don't see how orphaned code affects patch size..

Bethesda

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

axelblaze posted:

They Named The 12th Month December

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
does snake get blurbs about all the smashers too or is it just palutena

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

cheetah7071 posted:

does snake get blurbs about all the smashers too or is it just palutena

The brought over his Brawl codecs but that was probably just a byproduct of bringing over Shadow Moses, because he has no new codecs for any of the 4+Ultimate Newcomers :(

Apparently the voice actor for the Colonel in Japan died is the main reason I have heard for why we didn't get new codecs.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Yeah I don't think there's anything new for Snake

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire, I Just Want To Start A Game With No Patch

That's way too long but I never contribute to anything anyway.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
december games thread: god hand is goty again!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

God of War on Christmas

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

december games chat thread:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

A Way Out (2018)

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

why did i bother to read any of it, gah

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

oh man the actually drawn art looks much worse than the clip art templates did somehow

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

hosed up that my friend Teostra is referenced by CAD.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

They Named The 12th Month December
Dammit I was going to make this joke again this year. :smith:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bioshock 2 was significantly better than Bioshock 1 just because the combat was improved and the game didn't fall off a cliff with the last two levels.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

december games chat thread: merry good game to all, and to all, no re

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Winter-een-mas...finally, a holiday for gamers

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Bioshock 2 was significantly better than Bioshock 1 just because the combat was improved and the game didn't fall off a cliff with the last two levels.

Sure. I agree. The game being built around horde mode point defense encounters got kinda old for me tho.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
December Chat Thread: Friendly Fire On, Respawn Time 72 Hours

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Holy poo poo I didn't know the backstreet boys put out a new song 3 weeks ago

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

FirstAidKite posted:

Holy poo poo I didn't know the backstreet boys put out a new song 3 weeks ago

Thanks for picking the next thread title, FAK

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

December: Preorder now for the DLC 13th month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Seriously holy poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5kM5wAwRug