Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you thankful for?
This poll is closed.
Video games (sincere) 44 10.89%
Video games (ironic) 14 3.47%
Video games (the mod) 74 18.32%
Video games (but only for my platform of choice) 10 2.48%
Video games (but only the one game I play) 13 3.22%
Video games (but only the ones I played as a kid) 17 4.21%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (sincere) 38 9.41%
Family, friends, your job, the forum (ironic) 14 3.47%
Bowsette 117 28.96%
That this Bowsette meme seems to be dying 63 15.59%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I loving love backstreet boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ummm excuse me???

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dismember Graves Chat Threat: oh wait that was two months ago

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I had like 4 copies of the first cd of the "for the fans" thing because people were like "oh Kite's a backstreet boys fan, I bet he'd like this" after they found it years later and weren't using it. Except for the one time where it was a prize at dave & busters.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Macaluso posted:

Ummm excuse me???

I know right??

Please tell me I've just been living under a rock and wasn't aware of a new BSB album dropping and that everyone already knew about this

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
when I was a painfully uncool kid I thought the song "backstreet's back" meant that the band had existed in the past and had reformed and this was their return song

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

december games chat thread:

oddium, why

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

"Backstreet's Back" backwards is "Backstreet's Back"

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
They named the second Backstreet Boys album Backstreet's Back

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Really Pants posted:

:eyepop: :psyboom:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kcabsteertskcab?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Don't forget to leave money out for Santa to give you more lootbox rolls.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://twitter.com/RubysBubys/status/1068428403244744704

How dare you Daisy.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Lmao Bethesda and those canvas bags

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

bushisms.txt posted:

Lmao Bethesda and those nylon bags

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

bushisms.txt posted:

Lmao Bethesda and those canvas bags

Oh yeah they found out where they all went.

https://twitter.com/GameRant/status/1068647364037087233

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Woah woah wait wait wait wait. Wait. They HAD canvas bags, but gave them away. And just shunted out nylon crapbags while saying they were canvas. Haaahahahahaa.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Black August posted:

Woah woah wait wait wait wait. Wait. They HAD canvas bags, but gave them away. And just shunted out nylon crapbags while saying they were canvas. Haaahahahahaa.

The real canvas ones are a different design. They never put the promised ones into production

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Real hurthling! posted:

Kcabsteertskcab?

if you say this to the mirror in the bathroom three times at midnight then scary spice appears and drags you to hell

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Really Pants posted:

oh yeah well "hofstadter's contracrostipunctus acrostically backwards spells 'JS Bach'"

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
I noticed retailers like Gamestop still list the 200 dollar editions as having a canvas bag.

But the Bethesda Gear Store sure as hell made sure to update that whoopsie.

And none of the group pictures of the items or descriptions of them from the past few months have like "Prototype design, final design of items may change" anywhere from what I can find.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

if you say this to the mirror in the bathroom three times at midnight then scary spice appears and drags you to hell

B leM

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
December Games Chat: 100 Santas drop into a chimney

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

speaking of, from what i expected to be a huge fad of copycats on par with left 4 dead with zombie games or minecraft with building/survival games, the battle royale wave seems to have flared out way more quickly than i would've predicted. not counting the big two, and the glut of steam shovelware, what games actually ended up taking a whack at it? cliffyb and call of duty?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Battlefield is doing it too but I think they delayed the mode to 2019

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The PC gamer presentation at E3 talked about three battle royales and you could tell the announcer died a little inside every time one came up

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

there's also realm royale from hi rez. battlefield is supposed to get battle royale next year I guess, wasn't in at launch lmao. of course there's H1Z1 that came out even before pubg. path of exile added a battle royale mode as an april fools joke this year and it was actually better than any of these

and the game everyone's looking forward to, housemarque's upcoming stormdivers

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Realm royale, cuisine royale, dying light, hunt:showdown, rings of elysium, tarkov and more

May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
hunt:showdown has some cool ideas, at least

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Battlerite royale looked alright too

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

ring of elysium is insanely popular in china apparently, along with the million other battle royale games that tencent produces somehow

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i guess it's kind of a tautology to say i haven't heard of any of those, but the real question is do any of them even look any good?

edit: f;b

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I heard the Backstreet Boys had to survive a battle royale at the audition

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Cowcaster posted:

oh yeah well "hofstadter's contracrostipunctus acrostically backwards spells 'JS Bach'"

whens some indie nerd gonna make a hofstadter game. I don’t know how it would work just do it

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Really Pants posted:

I heard the Backstreet Boys had to survive a battle royale at the audition

Pretty sure they lost to NSYNC and 98°

homeless snail posted:

ring of elysium is insanely popular in china apparently, along with the million other battle royale games that tencent produces somehow

It's pubg if it ran well

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

i guess it's kind of a tautology to say i haven't heard of any of those, but the real question is do any of them even look any good?

edit: f;b
I hate battle royale games, but realm royale from what I played is at least kind of interesting I guess. high fantasy setting which brings engagement ranges way down compared to most BRs, different character classes with unique abilities, and a focus on squad play where you have one person of each class so encounters almost play out like MMO PvP

hunt: showdown is barely even a battle royale though. there's like 10 or 20 people in the world total, everyone's trying to hunt down a computer controller monster, but then other people can come in and jack your trophy as you're trying to get out

big surprise the most interesting battle royales are the ones that play the least like pubg

May 8, 2006

homeless snail posted:

big surprise the most interesting battle royales are the ones that play the least like pubg

imo the further they get from the milsim roots, the more likely they're interesting.

take mario kart as your main design inspirations instead of pubg and you might have something.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Radical heights is still the best br. Dying lights is really good though

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Radical heights is still the best br. Dying lights is really good though
radical heights was a really good prototype, for a game that shouldn't have hit even early access for another like 6 months

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

May 8, 2006

i also liked lawbreakers but man they should have toned down the 'LEET HARDCORE GAMES ONLY' bullshit by 100%

• Locked thread