Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat
Today has been a pretty productive day. It started poorly but improved.

Old piece of poo poo dishwasher finally gave up. Seeing as the house is going to be bowled/renovated sometime next year there's no justification for buying a new dishwasher. I managed to find one on Gumtree for $50 though, newer and in good working order.

Got my burgs sorted early, no meat grinding gently caress ups today! the secret is assembling the grinder with ALL of the required parts :rolleyes:

Liquid Communism posted:

I will throw people out of my house if they start talking about wanting to put up Christmas decorations before Thanksgiving.

For gently caress's sake, stop buying into the retail dream that keeps pushing the start of their only profitable season earlier each year.

Oh my god yes, and they roll out easter poo poo on January 2nd too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

meatpimp posted:

Which leads to the Always Sunny finale last night. For such and awesomely ridiculous comedy show, they really pulled some poo poo out last night. I'm not going to spoiler it, but drat.

I think we will have time to watch it tonight. I’m pumped.

Thanks, you’ve given me something to look forward to on what will otherwise be a poo poo sandwich of a day!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
:allears:

Tell us more

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
I knew a guy in NZ and turbo Lasers were just his jam. Never over the top, just has a nice simple factory aesthetic that I guess was a bit ahead of it's time. These day's I've seen him pop up on FB with an AW11 and a few other bits and pieces. poo poo he may even be a goon for all I know.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Any Aus Goons have recommendations for an interstate Car transporting service? We are getting a nice family price on an Aurion but all the quotes I've had to get it from Brisbane to Melbourne are not cheaper than flying up and driving it back.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Grakkus posted:

This is usually a pretty good indicator

Don’t get too carried away, he may have just slipped and fallen into the kiss

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

Grakkus posted:

Angling for another kiss?

Suburban Dad posted:

Getting 3" today supposedly

:v:

cakesmith handyman posted:

I keep browsing old alfa wheels on eBay, they go for nothing (nobody wants 13" & 14" wheels) and they're such a frivolous unnecessary luxury but the panda would look :krad: with some of these orange powder coated:

agreed! get it done

I'm drinking some Tomintoul Aged 14 Years (yeak IDK why they can't just call it "14 year old" like every other whisky) and catching up on 2 seasons of The Expanse. I do like this tv show. It deviates from the books a bit but I can kinda understand why.

slothrop fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Nov 15, 2018

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Goddamn dude that sucks. I hope it’s a misdiagnosis.

I had some pain and a weird rash about a year ago and was diagnosed as having shingles. However the doc never followed it up with tests or anything so it wasn’t confirmed.

I’ve never had a relapse and my girlfriend (also a doc) remains unconvinced that it was ever shingles.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

meatpimp posted:

I aim to please. Unfortunately, we got there just after the activity, but it was outside a CVS right across the street from the Bellagio. The CVS employee we were talking to had a picture of one of the combatants, so of course I had to take a picture of her picture. You'll notice that the woman is weave-less.

If only I could have seen it. So many shows in Vegas.

I've been to the States. I have purchased many things from a CVS. None of them were wagyu strip steak. In my head, you have bought highland cow hair dye.

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

spog posted:

Looking for UK tools on Amazon's sale, I found this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wera-05003755001-Zyklop-Ratchet-4-inch/dp/B07B82MKJM

Is it wrong for a socket set to give you an erection?

I have the smaller Tool Check Plus and it's amazing. Great for getting into tight spots on an engine bay. I was in a bind the other day but using the tiny ratchet I managed to get a stuck bolt loose that my M12 impact couldn't, so over 100 ft-lb of torque!

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat

spog posted:

Holy poo poo, that's hilariously tiny!

I get that a lot :v:

slothrop fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Nov 23, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Soiled Meat
Well I think I’ve used up my allotment of house related luck for a while. A pipe under the house developed a leak. I didn’t detect it for probably three days. Who knows how much damage it could have caused. Except it turns out it burst 4 inches outside the exterior wall of the kitchen, directly above a drain from the guttering.

I’ll never get this lucky again.

• Locked thread