Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

No idea if we had any trick or treaters because we took the kids to a Halloween party instead. Lots of fun costumes, most of the adults too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Happy birthday to anyone born around the 14th of this month, your parents enjoyed Valentine's day a whole bunch.

Always good to remind people about their parents bumping uglies.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

STR posted:

:sigh: (speaking of, she doesn't like me using condoms, and I know drat well my pull out game isn't that great, so it's been Russian Roulette).

You ever sir there watching someone set their life on fire thinking they know exactly what they're doing so you just watch because they wouldn't do it publicly if they didn't want you to be at least entertained?

The worst parts of my life right now seen to be "work is as much fun as drilling a hole in my balls with a forstner bit" and the ongoing discussion of "I wish you wouldn't eat in bed", so I'm quite happy to outsource my drama.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

DSLR? What button is that on my phone?

My last real camera was a 35mm Olympus, I can't even remember the model. I rarely took the 50mm lens off and had a whole ruck of great pictures of my friends, good times.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Imagine it's all we'll be able to do after the glorious Tory empire decides we don't need access to the internet. For our own good.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wish you the best, and I wish you didn't have to hide who you are. Sorry about your country.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Gingerbread House Music posted:

Why bother when the people you're talking to can't even bother to try speaking like adults?

Perhaps this isn't the place for you and your earnest well thought out and researched posting? We'll miss you, don't forget to write.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

God I haven't watched convoy since I was about 12. I can't imagine it'll be as good as I remember.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Ooh, idea, someone good at graphics mash up the warboys and John player special logos.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

Comfort I can understand, but why try and go for style/fashion choices in something that's just going to end up with miscellaneous bodily fluids on it?

Never been to a nightclub I see...

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I keep browsing old alfa wheels on eBay, they go for nothing (nobody wants 13" & 14" wheels) and they're such a frivolous unnecessary luxury but the panda would look :krad: with some of these orange powder coated:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Olympic Mathlete posted:

What PCD are Panda wheels? 4x100?

*edit: 4x98 it seems?

Yes 4x98

slidebite posted:

Aren't those metric 340mm rims? I remember back in the 80s we had a few cars, mostly fords iirc, here in Canada that had metric tires and they were drat near impossible to get tires for. How is tire availability in other parts of the world today?

14" as far as I can tell, the ones I'm watching on eBay anyway

Grakkus posted:

Do it!

Check out Lancia wheels too, they have some cool designs and the same bolt pattern and are similarly cheap :)

I always keep an eye out, anything 4 spoke or square patterned I seem to be attracted to.

These seem to be 47mm centre bore, I need 58 I think, any decent wheel refurb place will bore those out right?

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

cakesmith handyman posted:

These seem to be 47mm centre bore, I need 58 I think, any decent wheel refurb place will bore those out right?

Quoting myself but I can't find any alfas with that small centre bore, what are the chances he miss-measured them? If they go cheap I'll take a chance on them.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

BraveUlysses posted:

they're finishing up making autoclave #2 here at work

how big is this autoclave? 28 feet in diameter and 120 feet long :drat:

Holy poo poo, when I need to autoclave an entire spaceship I know who to call

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

slidebite posted:

Just be sure, the pic you linked shows a 340mm tire mounted on that one.

I just double checked, the wheels I'm watching are definitely marked 5 1/2 J x 14.

quote:

In other news, more confirmation I am possibly the worlds biggest manchild. Stopped by a grocery store on my way home for lunch. Ended up bringing this bucket of goodness home..... of which I am borderline addicted. Previously I have eaten so many of them at one time I have literally, with no exaggeration, caused my tongue to bleed.

I really need to learn to not go to the grocery store when I'm hungry :(

We buy a shitload of jelly sweets for my brother every Christmas, he always eats so many he gets sick. Without fail.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

He's right you know, that picture very much appears to be a 340mm TRX metric tyre, tread carefully.

I grabbed a random GIS pic, the ones I want are definitely standard.

Fermented Tinal posted:

21yo kid was going too fast for the icy conditions and my only options were to get hit from behind or enter the intersection and get t-boned.

You have chosen... Wisely.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

One day I aspire to owning a computer good enough to run a first-person fallout game :allears:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

fridge corn posted:

PS4s are pretty cheap

Many things are pretty cheap, not all of them are priorities.

I.e. I'm also pretty cheap :v:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

slidebite posted:

What are you running for a main PC?

99.99% of what I do is phone or tablet, there's a Toshiba C850-1LQ for the rest.
E: I've plans to buy a decent desktop, the kids will need it for homework and it's be nice to get KSP running again.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Nov 16, 2018

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol have you not heard about everdave's ex wife

Just call your lawyer and let him/her deal with it

Strapping the title to a handy raccoon would be more effective at this point.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

it's not the best. Having to help my badass wife down the front steps and having to take most of her weight was a sobering experience.

E: best/worst part is up until now we had been painting a nursery and trying for kids. That just shouldn't happen if it is MS though.

Vent here, that's what we're here for. Fingers crossed for her as well.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

angryrobots posted:

My 5yo just ran up behind me sitting on the couch, wrapped her arms around my neck and told me she loved me.

It's been a rough week and damnit is someone cutting onions up in here?

:3: nice.

We made the decision to reduce the height of my son's bed today, he occasionally wakes up disoriented due to low cortisol and he's got a raised cabin bed so there's a not-insignificant risk of him falling out and really hurting himself. Despite having discussed this with him the reality of getting the saw out brought him to tears and it took my wife over an hour to calm him down. When I'd done he liked it though and we discussed changes to make in the future, but it looks like my standard "talk about it for ages then get a sudden rush of blood to the head and actually do it" DIY style isn't compatible with him, emotionally.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Slept like poo poo sitting up on the sofa because lying down causes horrible coughing fits.

Also woke my wife up to tell her she has to take the dog to the vet because what she said was a scab from a scratch looks awfully like the tip of his tail is dead to me. It's not bothering him but if it's bad he needs it dealt with before it gets infected.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Update, dog isn't a rattlesnake, it's just a scab. £30 for a checkup isn't extortionate either, clean bill of health at 9 for an inbred ratter was nice also.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

I do need a new backpack but I don't fancy having to explain those terms to my 5 & 8 year olds kids.

Or HR.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

*oldmanyellsatTARDIS.jpg*

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Just get good at cutting in, there is no substitute and anyone saying otherwise is probably trying to sell you something.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Cutting in, the painting of edges without painting the adjacent surface.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Previa_fun posted:

gently caress black friday

I've heard people at work complain about how poo poo it is that we have black Friday shoved down our throats when we don't even celebrate Thanksgiving. These people then go to the shops on or about that day to buy a "bargain" TV.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

InitialDave posted:

It's not like we can take a day off work and have consumer sales for every time we've subjugated an indigenous people and taken their poo poo, we'd be on a permanent two day work week. :britain:

"Finally, all that terrible colonialism has paid off" mutters the foreign secretary as he nails another head of States head into a plaque. "With the third Tuesday in February secured we can finally usher in a peaceful new age of 2 day working weeks throughout the year"

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

One house we ended up not getting the seller was fighting against paying for indemnity insurance Vs some alterations that had been done previously. After stalling for weeks he had his estate agent get in touch demanding an additional £8k (on a £50k house) because the market was getting higher. Note similar houses were maybe asking +£1k at most. We told him to go pound sand and bought a better house elsewhere.

That insurance was about £40.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

We were buying a terrace in Stoke. £50k is excessive in my mind. Eventually bought a £70k house somewhere slightly nicer.

It's always funny telling your friends in Brighton about buying a house for that money though, it wouldn't buy a parking space down there.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Wrar posted:

Ankles are stupid designs full of lovely compromise.

Humans. Humans are stupid designs.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

You're good people. Hope she gets help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

MomJeans420 posted:

I wish there was One Weird Trick (TM) or product I could purchase to instantly make organizing my garage easy. I'm going to take time off of work between xmas and new years to get it cleaned up, but it's one of those things where I have so much poo poo in there I really need to pull lots of things out to make room to organize it properly (moved from a place with a huge garage to a place with a small garage). I have some built in cabinets right now, but I think what I really need are more storage units to hold random items. I have some plastic dresser things which I hate because they don't open and close well when you have items in them. I guess multiple harbor freight tool carts would help, but it's kind of a pricey solution.

The one weird trick is that you could probably chuck 3/4 of the contents of the average persons garage and they'd never miss it.

• Locked thread