Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
It was cold and rainy last night so there were very few kids out. I'd say less than 20 stopped by the house. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

STR posted:

(speaking of, she doesn't like me using condoms, and I know drat well my pull out game isn't that great, so it's been Russian Roulette).

Hate to dogpile but the pullout method is most used by parents.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

STR posted:

Cruz is known because of his presidential bid and gnashing with Trump, but not for much else.

And maybe being the zodiac killer.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
My dad told me the other day that he was going to a meeting about in home care if he ever needs it. :smith:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Talking to that person may not give you the closure you're looking for.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

CornHolio posted:

Modern metal is pretty good tho

Got any recommendations?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.gimletmedia.com/reply-all/102-long-distance-parts-1-2#episode-player

If you enjoy loving around with telephone scammers, you need to listen to this episode of Reply All.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

InitialDave posted:

He's right you know, that picture very much appears to be a 340mm TRX metric tyre, tread carefully.

I see what you did there.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Rhyno posted:

My wife's company catered a lunch for the local industry professionals and because of the poo poo weather a bunch of people couldn't make it so my fridge is now full of Chipotle catering.

RIP toilet

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

slidebite posted:

Hey question to ask without wading into console-specific threads in games, and I kind of trust the hive mind here a little more....

I am thinking about getting a new video game console for myself and probably also buy one as a gift to my father in law for xmas this year. There are some good black friday deals on and coming up and not sure if I should stick with Sony or jump to MS.

We both presently use a PS3 as our main home entertainment hub but not necessarily handcuffed to Sony, although I do like the Gran Turismo series. We do both own a PS3 and various assorted games along with it, although it doesn't sound like there is backwards compatibility so I'm not sure if that has any value. Besides, it's not like the current PS3 has to be thrown away.

We both have 1080p TVs, is there any benefit going to one of the "upgraded" consoles like the PS4 Pro or Xbox X for 1080p?

Not a huge gamer, but probably would end up buy RDR2 right away for myself, and I'd probably look for car racing games for dad. He also likes pinball games (like Pinball Arcade - owns every season in PS3).

Opinions for which way to go for the casual gamer? Online play is minimal, if any, we might sometimes play head-head in racing games but that hasn't happened in a long time. I see there is a good deal now for a One S bundle w/Forza.

Do you have to get the same console as your dad? I think it makes sense to get your dad an Xbox for the Forza series.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QiFcYOhrHc

:psyduck:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Block the number and move on?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Good job. Hopefully things turn around for your neighbor.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I think the idea that getting a college degree was the best or easiest way to get a good job really took off after the economy in 2008 collapsed. FWIW attendance at my college exploded in 2009. They originally planned to close down a few dorms but they had to reopen them due to the size of the incoming class. However, I don't know how many students they necessarily retained because I know a lot of people didn't come back after the first semester.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Bajaha posted:

Anybody else getting annoyed at the volume of knock off and cheap products on Amazon? Got a new phone and looking for USB C cables and it's just a flood of cheap products, same for Qi chargers.

It's really gone downhill, and with how evil Amazon has been to its workers I'm starting to think it's time to jump ship.

If you're still looking for usb c cables and a charger, anker is a solid brand for both.

Queen Combat posted:

There's an excellent podcast about general Internet things called Reply All, and they have an episode that came out recently about exactly why Amazon is turning into what it is. Really insightful and entertaining if you have an hour.

Reply All #124: The Magic Store

Gotta second this. Reply All is a solid podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Dagen H posted:

I want to replace my slow old POS refurb Dell Optiplex 755 with a newer (used) laptop. Internet and occasionally Netflix, no gaming or live streaming. What specs should I be looking for? Any specific recommendations?

If you have a micro center near you, I would go there and pick up a refurbished laptop from them.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/dell-i...28b6ce44b6a0INT

I've seen a laptop similar to this go on sale several times for ~$300. Since it's the holidays, it's likely to go on sale like that again.

• Locked thread