Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Because florida is the real hotel california. :v:

Also, I did plugs, wires and coils on my buddy's rx8 today in exchange for a roof rack for my wagon. Managed to finish in 3 hours doing it mostly solo. Just got a text from him to the effect of "HOLY poo poo ITS SO FAST NOW". Almost 100k on the factory plugs, they weren't as bad as you would expect, but there was definitely some carbon build up and a gap a mile wide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Some good, some bad, more good than bad if your politics tend toward the left. This was just another step on the path.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I got bill collectors to stop for a solid month after I started hitting on the guy calling me with the most stereotypical flaming gay voice I could muster. The discomfort in the guys voice as he tried to go through his script as I tried to get him to tell me what he was wearing was absolutely palpable. They stopped again for a couple weeks again after I answered and acted like a pissed off redneck about to beat his wife for her talking to another man. Its been the same indian dude calling for that debt for the last 7 years. I sincerely hope my number comes up and he just sighs before dialing the number.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Queen Combat posted:

ALL OF MY PROFS HAVE HAD THEIR HAIR DONE AND THERE ARE WHITE TABLE CLOTHS AND GIFT BAGS AND I'M WEARING SCRUBS AND SOCKS WITH TURKEYS ON THEM.

Gonna need pics of turkey socks asap, tia.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Show them pictures of the bus and the dragon.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

STR posted:

Lots of lard-based Mexican food, chicken fried steak, macaroni and cheese, pounds of butter on every-loving-thing. I don't miss most of it.

Add in bbq and cajun food here given my ft worth and east texas roots and its a given why I have the goony body I do.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Queen Combat posted:

Holy poo poo!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEvxIiNl3rY

Give a gram of pure mdma, some gum, a freezer of icepacks and this game and I'd have a drat good weekend. :catdrugs:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I don't think I've experienced sub 60% humidity in the last 10 years and lower than 40% in my life. I'd probably die if I went below that now.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Take a step back from what you used to play and work your way back into it. I suspect you'll find it easier to work your way back up from the basics. I know it was for me when I started loving around with a bass again after 5ish years. Though it did make me realize I need a bass with more of a jazz neck since my hands don't fit well on your average neck. Maybe one of these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

QuarkMartial posted:

Protip: AAP is supposed to test them before you leave. I am not sure if it's broad company policy or if our GM just said that because he was tired of returns, but you could make them test it there.

Most likely your GM's rule given half of the oreilly employees I've met in the last 4 years have worked at advance previously before jumping ship, including my manager, and none have mentioned this. Theres only a handful of alternator remanufacturers and they all have the same issues with dicky bearings on occasion and more commonly lovely voltage regs. It also seems to be certain vehicles that poo poo out their alternators more often. Namely ford 4.0's that have that voltage reg mounted outside the loving alternator case. :argh:

• Locked thread