Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«25 »
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

I'm making fried chicken and biscuits tonight. It's for two men close to my heart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

An ill wind blows no minds.

Lipstick Apathy

CRISPYBABY posted:

I'm making fried chicken and biscuits tonight. It's for two men close to my heart.

Two foods that will clog your heart, for two men that are close to your heart.

It's like poetry.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I'm getting KFC for it.

Gay Horney
Feb 9, 2013

just realized DC = double champ

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

duckin 4 cover lol. u don't get to see the good fight b*tch

Gay Horney posted:

just realized DC = double champ

also stands for 'double chin' and 'dont cum' and probably more things if you think about it

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Don Corleone

spb
Nov 11, 2013

Dad's chicken

Power of Pecota
Aug 3, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Derri Cklewis

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

LobsterMobster posted:

Weidman is gonna go 0-3 vs Strikeforce champs

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

this is a job for the Punk

Weidman has been fighting only world championsgive Kelvin a yearfor half a decade and he has paid dearly for it.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

Rap terrorist, terrorise, tear it up
Brought gas and the matches to flare it up
Militant Michael might go psycho
On any ally or rival
Born Black, that's dead on arrival
My job is to fight for survival
In spite of these #AllLivesMatter-ass white folk

That Strikeforce Was Good is one of the greatest retrospectives ever.

Minus that time with the neo Nazi child rapist who used the nickname White Steel because that's a thing that literally happened.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No need to apologise when I am right, like usual.

Weidman getting smashed consistently has been my greatest MMA joy. Shame the Bisking is retired and won't spark him too. Another USADA casualty.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

There's a ghost in me
Who wants to say I'm sorry
Doesn't mean I'm sorry

Lid posted:

Minus that time with the neo Nazi child rapist who used the nickname White Steel because that's a thing that literally happened.

Or WMMA fights that were 3x 3min rounds.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Like a snail that melteth away into slime, they shall be taken away; like a dead-born child, they shall not see the sun.

Foul Fowl posted:

i really wonder how effective dc's wrestling is gonna be. has anyone ever wrestled lewis? or did he just stand up out of everyone's side control lol

lmao i'm so loving dumb

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

just watched the weidman fight .. it wasnt a bad effort by him. he probably won round 1 and was possibly winning 3 albeit point style as opposed to violence style until souza hit him with a nice combo and then about 30 seconds later the ko punch

Scapegoat
Sep 18, 2004

I.N.R.I posted:

just watched the weidman fight .. it wasnt a bad effort by him. he probably won round 1 and was possibly winning 3 albeit point style as opposed to violence style until souza hit him with a nice combo and then about 30 seconds later the ko punch

I was at the cricket today so just got back to watch the fight. drat Weidman must have brain damage at this point. Watching Jacare take everything he had and still keep coming forward just have been disheartening for him.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

jacare basically looks the same right up until he falls over. im surprised he isnt just constantly covered in algae and seagull turd

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

photo of him finally succumbing to whittaker

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

I.N.R.I posted:

lmao

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Travis Browne there on the right as well with a smile on his face

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

plz control u toxic hatsculinity

I am Proud of my Fat Wrestledad

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Weidman getting smashed consistently has been my greatest MMA joy. Shame the Bisking is retired and won't spark him too. Another USADA casualty.

Lol okay

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

He looks leaner and performed about the same as ever but heís fighting killers and keeps getting stopped in fights he is probably winning

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

I.N.R.I posted:

Lol

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Like a snail that melteth away into slime, they shall be taken away; like a dead-born child, they shall not see the sun.

Skip My Posts posted:

He looks leaner and performed about the same as ever but heís fighting killers and keeps getting stopped in fights he is probably winning

middleweight top is just full of those kinda guys. no one's ever gone through a fight with romero or jacare without getting hurt (except whittaker i guess but he's uhh really good). and weidman just can't make it through a fight against them.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Skip My Posts posted:

Yup, this is how I view it as well. Weidman is still good but might want to think about a retirement match at this point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

I bet against K-1

Lid posted:

the upshot was watching White Steel get thrashed about the cage by a Team Vision scrub.

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Financing dogs jokes aside Weidman has made a ton of money on his fights since Silva 2 so I hope he's saved it and can just retire. My hopes for a new win streak were done with this last fight so I'd rather not see him get further brain damage at least.

spb
Nov 11, 2013

I.N.R.I posted:

lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

Rockhold Romero kelvin mousasi jacare is a terrifying run of fights. I donít think anyone but maybe like jones could get through that without getting hurt bad

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Skip My Posts posted:

Rockhold Romero kelvin mousasi jacare is a terrifying run of fights. I donít think anyone but maybe like jones could get through that without getting hurt bad

Agreed but I don't see Weidman wanting to crush cans just to stick around so I doubt his fortunes will change much if he keeps getting lined up against killers

Regardless of it being USADA or the first knockout from Rockhold that started it - it's been a bummer to see his slide even against the best in the division

Mr. Carlisle fucked around with this message at Nov 4, 2018 around 17:54

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

this is a job for the Punk

Skip My Posts posted:

it makes your "more impressive that he was winning" point even more depressing; the fact that he was getting the best of all of those guys before Something Went Wrong (or in Kelvin's case he got dropped and won anyway) means it's not like he hit a precipitous decline and sucks, he's still incredibly good and fighting to the best of his abilities, he just can't hang in the loving murderer's row that is the top of 185.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

That was Chuck's problem. He had a few fights in which he had just enough success to feel as if he still had what it takes to compete, but it wasn't enough success to stop him from having his brains scrambled.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

this is a face you can trust

CommonShore posted:

That was Chuck's problem. He had a few fights in which he had just enough success to feel as if he still had what it takes to compete, but it wasn't enough success to stop him from having his brains scrambled.

I hope we don't get to see a 48-year-old Chris Weidman breaking down and crying on camera in the press leadup to his quaternary fight with 57-year-old Anderson Silva.

DigitalMocking
Jun 8, 2010

Wine is constant proof that God loves us and loves to see us happy.
Benjamin Franklin

Weidman is good.

He could just as easily have won all 5 of his last fights. Or be 0-5 in them. The top of 185 is a loving murderer's row.

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

IN THE CRINMIAL JUSTICEC SYSTEM, SEXUALLY BASED OFFENSES ARE CONSIDERED ESPECIALSDLY HENIOUS. IN NEW YORK CITY THE DEDICCATED DEFENSEMAN WHO INVESTOIRTTIO THFIFDOI VICIOSU FDSLFSLF ARE MEMBERS OF DA NEW YORK RANGUHS!

PIONK
PIONK

Fun Shoe

i feel like rockhold and weidman are two of the most complete and best fighters in the ufc, but there's a lot of really good dudes in that weight class and they don't have good chins. unfortunate

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

duckin 4 cover lol. u don't get to see the good fight b*tch

I don't think a bad chin is Weidman's problem. The shots that have stopped him should have killed him.

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.instagram.com/p/BpxRMGQhSiU/

Friends forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"

Fun Shoe

So where does Weidman go from here? I don't think he deserves as much heat as he gets for losing the last three fights he had. They were against monsters.

But the damage he is taking worries me. That punch that knocked him out last night was weird.

«25 »