Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

coconono posted:

oh....so he's "rooole plaaaaaying"

In a strange coincidence the character he chooses to play isn't too sharp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

I am Otis posted:

I wish mighty mouse fought some of the people it felt like he 'should' have fought but whatever if he wants to fight somewhere else or stream on twitch to whoever watches him that's him, thats ok.

But I am a fan of the sport of fighting, though, and ultimately I want to selfishly watch these pro atheletes fight the fights I wish to see. Fighters can, should and do act in self-interest, and mighty mouse did. Honestly I wasn't a huge MM fan but I did always watch his fights bc he was clearly one of the best. But I will probably not watch him fight whoever there is for him outside the ufc unless it's bob sapp or something. I wanted to see him take risks, fight ppl he didn't want to, that sort of thing. He didn't want to, didn't have to, and that's that I guess

I feel ya. I'd love to see Mighty Mouse fight TJ. I think it would end up with DJ getting wrestled to a decision but it would be interesting. But I refuse to hate on a guy taking easy cash.

I'm also disappointed in Pettis vs Gaethje. I want to see Cowboy and Gaethje real bad.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

I.N.R.I posted:

looks broken

I mean I'm no doctor but

Seriously though I didn't expect it to be completely broken in half like that - hearing it's broken is one thing but actually seeing it completely in half is wild from an MMA fight each time

Edit: Like when Mark Hunt broke Struve's jaw then you saw the x-ray

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Nov 14, 2018

mewse
May 2, 2006

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Has anyone posted the pic of Perry's arm yet because goddamn

Cerrone was dishing out some cosmic justice on that one. Too bad he can't fight angry for every fight

Brut
Aug 21, 2007

Gay Horney posted:

I hated the old design but now it looks like Deadspin. I'm not prepared to call it worse I guess

I used to be able to go to ufc.com and the first thing I'd see was the full card of the event coming up, and instead I got full screen chuck liddell.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

just so incredibly alpha

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

objectively good

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

Gay Horney posted:

just so incredibly alpha

he said he was going to gently caress the kids mother to death with his weaponized dick but he deleted that one.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

I am Otis posted:

he said he was going to gently caress the kids mother to death with his weaponized dick but he deleted that one.

kid needs a father figure in his life

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
never been a big stephens fan but that's a step in the right direction

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I mean I'm no doctor but

Seriously though I didn't expect it to be completely broken in half like that - hearing it's broken is one thing but actually seeing it completely in half is wild from an MMA fight each time

Edit: Like when Mark Hunt broke Struve's jaw then you saw the x-ray

Did I slip into an alternate universe? Because I just read an article in which Perry said his arm wasn't broken after all, but he needs an MRI to determine the extent of possible ligament damage to the elbow.

e: https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/mike-perry-no-broken-arm-cowboy-mri-scheduled This is from 2 hours ago :confused:

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah the joe Rogan picture is fake

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
Rogan said that Cerrone sent him the x-ray picture so Cerrone was just trolling him

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Rogan said that Cerrone sent him the x-ray picture so Cerrone was just trolling him

That rascal.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Dj was trying to use the tj fight to leverage a better deal and failed real bad. I think on one hand it makes sense to have not taken that fight because if he lost real bad to tj maybe it would have hurt his earning potential at onefc, and beating tj wouldnt have upped his earning potential much if at all. He was never going to get the kind of money he wanted with the ufc. I wish he would have fought tj but oh well

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???

Excellent

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Wise Learned Man posted:

Did I slip into an alternate universe? Because I just read an article in which Perry said his arm wasn't broken after all, but he needs an MRI to determine the extent of possible ligament damage to the elbow.

e: https://mmajunkie.com/2018/11/mike-perry-no-broken-arm-cowboy-mri-scheduled This is from 2 hours ago :confused:

Skip My Posts posted:

Yeah the joe Rogan picture is fake

Cowboy must have texted him that pic loving around and Rogan took it seriously? You'd think he'd make sure it was real before he acted like he had some sort of scoop with a secret broken arm picture he wasn't supposed to show the public.

If Perry's arm isn't broken that's a good thing because though I'm glad Cowboy subbed him I still want them both fight other people soon.

Also apparently Whitaker vs Gastelum is set for February and that's gonna be rad.

Orange Carlisle fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 14, 2018

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Imagining Stephens just winging a punch into some kid crying at a funeral and the kid flies into the dad’s open casket and it slams shut and then slides into the ground from the force of it.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Imagining Stephens just winging a punch into some kid crying at a funeral and the kid flies into the dad’s open casket and it slams shut and then slides into the ground from the force of it.

Keep going

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

lol

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Dan Didio posted:

UFC November: Imagining Stephens just winging a punch into some kid crying at a funeral and the kid flies into the dad’s open casket and it slams shut and then slides into the ground from the force of it.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
im imagining the kid moving his head slightly to the left or right and Jeremy Stephens being entirely flummoxed

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
If I had to choose between being an esports ambassador or getting punched in the face for 100k every 3 months I think I know which I would take.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
yeah we'll see how far that e sports ambassador poo poo goes for him

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
One of the big questions in the match up we have tonight Mike is CAN Bernie Lomax show enough lateral movement to frustrate the POWER of Jeremy Stephens?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Dan Didio posted:

lol

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

threeagainstfour posted:

UFC November: Imagining Stephens just winging a punch into some kid crying at a funeral and the kid flies into the dad’s open casket and it slams shut and then slides into the ground from the force of it.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

Dan Didio posted:

lol

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah we'll see how far that e sports ambassador poo poo goes for him

It's gotta be better than hocking peanut butter and chasing tiny dudes.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Nah

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
He's already got lots of experience as an esports ambassador, he got to do a bunch of celebrity stuff at the Overwatch League earlier this year and the Arena World Championship earlier this month

Also I wholeheartedly support the death of a UFC division and hope that it will lead to the death of all UFC divisions

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ad by Khad posted:

Also I wholeheartedly support the death of a UFC division and hope that it will lead to the death of all UFC divisions

Trashweight the last division standing

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Ad by Khad posted:

He's already got lots of experience as an esports ambassador, he got to do a bunch of celebrity stuff at the Overwatch League earlier this year and the Arena World Championship earlier this month

Lol

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

TJ is a dumbass and carries himself like a lunkhead twice his size but his fights are more fun to watch than most fighters

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
he wrestled and ran from john lineker, so gently caress tj

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Cowboy must have texted him that pic loving around and Rogan took it seriously? You'd think he'd make sure it was real before he acted like he had some sort of scoop with a secret broken arm picture he wasn't supposed to show the public.

If Perry's arm isn't broken that's a good thing because though I'm glad Cowboy subbed him I still want them both fight other people soon.

Also apparently Whitaker vs Gastelum is set for February and that's gonna be rad.

Uh Joe Rogan will talk or post about literally anything he finds interesting the moment he finds out about it it’s not like a new phenomen

Joe Rogan seeing a thing: “What?? Whaaaaaat??? Jamie get me a picture of this”

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

LobsterMobster posted:

he wrestled and ran from john lineker, so gently caress tj

there was no running involved, he completely dominated lineker. it was sad.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Rogan imo is inherently good but naive as hell about anything that isn’t martial arts related

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Mean Bean Machine posted:

there was no running involved, he completely dominated lineker. it was sad.

That guy doesn’t even know what he’s watching lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
There's not really anything wrong with Mighty Mouse as an esports contributor but he's entering a field where he's absolutely not the best at it

He'd be like those guys ranked #8 or #9 of a division on the UFC website who suddenly get slotted into the main card of a PPV and Rowdy Ringsports is like "who the gently caress is this jabroni"

Xavier Woods is much better at it and has a pretty similar fake fighting background