Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Mekchu posted:

Her next fight was against Raquel Pennington at UFC 224, which was held this month in Rio de Janeiro. Nunes spent four rounds mauling Pennington, then pounded out a clearly already finished Pennington in the fifth, to retain her Championship.
A few months have passed by since 'this month' (which I think was in May?).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwachro
Mar 7, 2003
C808BEA

Jerusalem posted:

I'm thinking about it from the perspective of Ronda/Miesha, where Miesha was the clear top contender for Ronda but couldn't get the match because she'd already been beaten by her more than once. Of course Ronda's implosion against Holly Holm and Nunes makes me wonder if maybe Miesha wouldn't have ended up getting a win on her after all, given that until that point she was the one who had given Ronda the most trouble in fights.
Not really comparable, since there's a fair few contenders Rose hasn't matched with yet in the division. Andrade and Suarez comes to mind, both of whom can probably give her trouble.

And you could argue Carmouche gave Ronda more trouble than Miesha ever did, considering she did manage to dislocate her jaw in their fight while Miesha never really threatened anything.

Speaking of, why is Carmouche not in the 125 discussion? She's dropped down and already has a win over Valentina.