Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Hello, and welcome back to the new and improved ringsport secret santa! It's that time of the year where we spend time with our family and...watch wrestling and combat sports? This metaphor is kind of a reach.

Schedule
Signups begin as soon as this thread is posted. Registration ends on November 22nd, American Thanksgiving, as soon as Santa appears in the Macy's Thanksgiving's Day parade, so around noon EST. I will have Santa assignments out by around 8pm EST (I work nightshift now :(). You will have 2 weeks to send out gifts, so you need to have gifts in the mail by December 7th. If you have not received a gift by January 7th, please contact me, and I will make gifts appear.

Rules
  1. You must have a full year of posting, so a regdate of December 2017 or farther back.
  2. You must provide a link to a thread in Rowdy Ringsports that you post in regularly in your sign up post.
  3. If you don't send a gift, you will receive a month's probation and a redtext telling everyone how much of a jerk you are.
  4. Recommended price range for store bought items is $15-$20. Feel free to spend more or less if your gift is good. This does not apply to homemade items like art, food, crafts or music.
  5. Most of all, before you send something, ask yourself, "if the roles were reversed, would I accept this gift?" If you cannot in good conscience say yes, do not send that gift.

Signing Up
When signing up, make sure you follow this format. If you don't, you won't get a gift, and no one wants that!
  1. Your forums name.
  2. Whether you want to ship international. This means if you are willing to ship to a country outside of your area. When you sign up put which continent you live in (if it's North America put the country). You will be given assignments based on your location. This will be your version of domestic shipping.
  3. A link to the thread you're a contributor to.
  4. Who are your favorite wrestlers/fighters? What are your favorite promotions? Basically, who and what are you a fan of?
  5. What things do you want to receive? What things don't you want to receive? Be specific! This could mean the difference between a good gift and a crappy gift. Make sure you mention if you are ok with 18+ stuff or alcohol as well as any promotion or wrestler/fighter you absolutely hate.
  6. Non-wrestling and fighting sports things you're interested in.
  7. Other things you think are necessary, like shirt size or food allergy.

You should then send an email with the subject "Rowdy Ringsports Secret Santa-(your forums name)" containing your shipping details to SmokingCrowSA@gmail.com.

YOU MUST DO BOTH. IF YOU DO ONE AND NOT THE OTHER YOU WILL NOT GET A PRESENT!

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and a happy non-denominational winter festival to all! Remember to be like this guy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I had three horrible years of SA Secret Santa in a row so I don't plan on participating, but anyone who gets Writer's Cath if she chooses to participate is always in for a treat (literally).

I recommend anyone participating to find your local lovely indie and bring something back for the exchange. Kinda bias because my local indy was NWA Mountain State, but it somehow launched careers for Jason Kincaid and Chase Owens, but I think a good flyer is something any goon would appreciate.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I always work to make sure everyone has a good experience so you won't be disappointed

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Smoking Crow posted:

I always work to make sure everyone has a good experience so you won't be disappointed
Yah nothing against you, it was ages ago.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

I will sign up now that I live in a city where it should be very easy to find a good wrestling related gift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
you know, i've been thinking about this thread ever since it got posted. i think RealFoxy sort of killed the atmosphere in this thread right off the bat. a lot of really negative vibes happening is not a good first impression. really stifled the mood.

i think it would be nice to make a gift box for one of my friends. but not for some guy i don't really know. so, op, if you can give me one of my good friends then i would be willing to participate.

i didn't follow any of the rules required to sign up, but i will later if more people sign up. let's make a christmas miracle happen in this subforum

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread