Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
  1. klapman

2. I can only get cash from online work, so domestic only I'm afraid. I'm in the US.

3. I've got lots of long posts in the 2018 Movie Challenge thread.

4. Anime and visual novels. Visual novels in particular have the potential to become an A+ medium if they break into the mainstream. When it comes to anime I tend to go for the extremes: super edgy, extremely wholesome, or dead in the center and incorporating both equally. Most other points on the spectrum tend to feel too wishywashy for me.

5. I like stuff that lights up the dark in interesting ways. Candles, colorful light up crystals, stuff like that. Novelties are also cool. I do drink, but tbh I have gutter taste and I don't think anyone wants to send me 20$ worth of malt liquor in a box. No 18+ please.

6. I like to read and write, and enjoy working out quite a lot. I've also been really into roleplaying in the past, and have spent a lot of time playing MUDs and MUSHes. I still like RPing, but there's no games that really interest me right now, so it's gotten kind of stale.

7. Shirt size is XL, other than that there's really nothing in particular that needs noting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Attention santee: you dodged a bullet

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Smoking Crow posted:

that gift is ban worthy

This is the first time in years that I've laughed harder at something the more I see it. At first it was just a chuckle but now there's freaking tears in my eyes

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
First gift is out, and on a very related note, what websites are good for anime merch? I've trawled Amazon for around three hours and haven't had much luck in finding anything. I've never actually had any interest in or reason to buy stuff like this before, so I'm a bit lost at sea.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

my go-to for niche stuff is generally amiami, though since they're shipping from japan the cost/time can be restrictive

the crunchyroll store ain't bad

TOM is decent; it has more niche stuff and also has some of its stuff warehoused stateside

Wark Say posted:

I think Right Stuf still works fairly well? Last I used it was about 2 years ago, so if someone has a more updated opinion, I'm willing to change my stance.

Nice, you two have just saved me. I was worried I'd just spent 4 hours searching just to scrape together a clearly chintzy gift, but this opens up a whole lot more (and cheaper) possibilities.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Alright, I cancelled the (frankly bad) thing I got from Amazon, but in exchange I got two actually good gifts getting sent now. Latest delivery should be the 17th!

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Did a really undignified "hurhurhurhur" laugh seeing this, very good. Small things on human furniture is a primo genre

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Ranzear posted:

Ohay, what could this be?

Brown paper! :woop:

Oh... (I don't actually remember why I took that picture)

Thanks Santee! The collection begins...

Hannibal doesn't think boxes are a big deal, unfortunately.

Glad you didn't already have a copy! Cantaloupe and Wark really saved the day on this one, I was able to get actually good and fitting gifts instead of a 20$ beer stein lol

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Haven't gotten anything just yet, hopefully my doorstep didn't get hit by some Christmas bandits. Can't imagine it's that common here but it's possible.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Cuntellectual posted:

I take it smoking crow didn't tell you, but stuff happened and I needed some more time to put together the money for your gift.

No worries, just glad it wasn't jacked! Might be weird to say this, but I've got patience on the level of a buddhist monk. Get it to me when you can, and we'll be cool. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
Cuntellectual's working on mine, so please don't ding them.