Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The FEC doxxed me :(

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/1068541409073029122

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Stultus Maximus posted:

The cop who got the rear end beating not only was undercover to infiltrate protest groups, but has cost the city $865,000 for brutality himself in the past.
It really is a feel-good story.

And they say Christmas miracles don't happen.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
man the militarization of police is loving nuts. those dudes look like they're ready for loving black hawk down lmao at all those hammers and tridents and spears and poo poo

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

"Maybe"?

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Slugo is lit

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1068730331006738432?s=21

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

When you see a fellow lover of executing journalists.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Another funeral Donnie will be disinvited from.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

He looks so happy to have kicked the bucket, lol.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Another turd hath been flushed

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

She can't keep getting away with this.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/woke_teen/status/1068732056543232002?s=21

Brace yourselves for the decorum takes.

And remember they’ll even lionize loving trump when he does.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
McCain is deeply concerned from beyond the grave

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
I liked his Simpsons cameo

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
It’s December!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3875890&perpage=40#post490320190

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

You can't tell me what to do.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

Time is a societal construct. No gods, no masters.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Arc Light posted:

Time is a societal construct. No gods, no masters.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
What are months when it’s infrastructure week?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Vasudus posted:

I would argue that a good half of the 'Millennials are killing x' industry are generational poverty related. I see lists of industries/topics sometimes that we're responsible for killing and I'll say outloud to myself 'good, gently caress them' or 'like gently caress i'm spending x dollars on y item'. It's always hilariously lovely industries too.

Always love posting this one

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 09:00 on Dec 1, 2018

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The avocado toast picture is the piece de resistance.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

especially since i thought it was a fried egg at first, lol

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

especially since i thought it was a fried egg at first, lol

:same:

Jokers Gamble
May 31, 2013
It is, it's toast, avocado, fried egg on top. Every time you eat one the DJI drops by half a point.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

lol gently caress it could be either a half avocado with the stone gone or a fried egg, but then the dress could be blue or gold or whatever

hell idk eat the rich

why are millenials killing their bosses?
:thunk:

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

TF CURES GENERATOR posted:

lol gently caress it could be either a half avocado with the stone gone or a fried egg, but then the dress could be blue or gold or whatever

hell idk eat the rich

why are millenials killing their bosses?
:thunk:

Avocado toast is a common rallying cry of the US right wing when it comes to hating on millennials. So it fits with the rest of the motif.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
I have never seen avocado toast on a menu before- is this a west coast thing? I live in the south, so we’re a little behind the curve on trends.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

I guess it is and I’m baffled why anyone would be so mad about those drat granola earth loving liberals!!! Eating avocado on toast.

Only thing I’m mad about is the ever increasing price of avocado/guac and their add-ons

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

e:^ If I'm not mistaken, hasn't part of that price increase been due to Anger Mango's loving with NAFTA, since Mexico is the single biggest producer?

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I have never seen avocado toast on a menu before- is this a west coast thing? I live in the south, so we’re a little behind the curve on trends.

It's common in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast, but if I had to guess, you're probably right about it starting as a west coast trend.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

psydude posted:

Avocado toast is a common rallying cry of the US right wing when it comes to hating on millennials. So it fits with the rest of the motif.

oh it is here too, it's basically become a running joke in the media

except it was never really funny to begin with since the whole 'if you stopped buying brunch you could afford a house' while ignoring the enormous discrepancy in income/house prices versus 30 years ago

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
We killed breakfast so good we don't even recognize it anymore.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

It’s common in the urban Midwest.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

Nobody could of predicted this in 2016.

https://esopstl.org/mission

https://www.scribd.com/document/317...ciety-of-Police

Well. Almost nobody.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Well looks like I picked the right time to resign eh

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
After a lot of back and forth with my boomer coworkers in the past, I worked out their grand plan of 'just buy a house!'. They basically expect me to take out a shitload of credit cards, live off those for a year or two, and dump 100% of my available cash into the minimum deposit necessary to buy one of their overpriced ~starter homes~. Because of course they'll give me a mortgage when I'm up to my loving eyeballs in debt twice my maximum yearly takehome with student loans still eating me alive. And then when I cough up the ~75k necessary for the down payment (+fees/moving/appliances/etc) I can...enjoy a mortgage that's maybe 85% of my current rent, because my down payment was so low, and then be on the hook for loving everything because it's my house. And then I'll have a $texas credit card bill to pay in addition.

Being in your mid-30s and saying you can't afford a house is like ringing the dinner bell for boomers with lovely advice. Every one of them has told me that when they were my age they were on their SECOND house or some poo poo. Yeah, and the minimum wage was livable, cost of living wasn't total dogshit, and you could pay for a year of college with a summer waitress job, you old fucks.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

VA loan was the only way I could afford a house in Colorado. No clue how the vast majority of working young people could possibly afford a 20% down payment without being handed money by their parents. I suppose they could also opt for something like an 8% down payment with mortgage insurance that adds another $300+ to the monthly payment.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Vasudus posted:

After a lot of back and forth with my boomer coworkers in the past, I worked out their grand plan of 'just buy a house!'. They basically expect me to take out a shitload of credit cards, live off those for a year or two, and dump 100% of my available cash into the minimum deposit necessary to buy one of their overpriced ~starter homes~. Because of course they'll give me a mortgage when I'm up to my loving eyeballs in debt twice my maximum yearly takehome with student loans still eating me alive. And then when I cough up the ~75k necessary for the down payment (+fees/moving/appliances/etc) I can...enjoy a mortgage that's maybe 85% of my current rent, because my down payment was so low, and then be on the hook for loving everything because it's my house. And then I'll have a $texas credit card bill to pay in addition.

Being in your mid-30s and saying you can't afford a house is like ringing the dinner bell for boomers with lovely advice. Every one of them has told me that when they were my age they were on their SECOND house or some poo poo. Yeah, and the minimum wage was livable, cost of living wasn't total dogshit, and you could pay for a year of college with a summer waitress job, you old fucks.

Marry their daughters, get a pillow, do the needful, get the deed from the dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serjeant Buzfuz
Dec 5, 2009

Yeah same, no way I would have been able to buy a house without the VA loan.